Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-25-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

The fanboys of anschutz are worst than any other product I’ve encoutered to date,

Oh now it all makes sense. By the way I think the vudoo concept is cool although I’ve never seen one either
Old 04-25-2019, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
Oh now it all makes sense. By the way I think the vudoo concept is cool although I’ve never seen one either
Here, there is the base model tested in this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gundige...e-bullseye/amp

You know, there is a lot of bs on the internet, determining what is bs and what isn’t just takes a little more than a brief search, a bit of common sense, and a bit of knowledge. Aside from just accuracy, the vudoo offers so many options you just can’t get with an anschutz. If it was just about the accuracy why hasn’t anyone mentioned a Win 52? As I understand it holds the world record in match shooting, but that’s just because I haven’t bought a vudoo yet!
Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:

You know, there is a lot of bs on the internet, determining what is bs and what isn’t just takes a little more than a brief search, a bit of common sense, and a bit of knowledge. Aside from just accuracy, the vudoo offers so many options you just can’t get with an anschutz. If it was just about the accuracy why hasn’t anyone mentioned a Win 52? As I understand it holds the world record in match shooting, but that’s just because I haven’t bought a vudoo yet!
Run down to the nearest Winchester dealer and let us know when they can supply you with a new Model 52.

As for records, there are many rimfire records.

The rimfire rhat I would like to own is a 40X Sporter Repeater, but they are extremely hard to find, and the asking price is usually higher than an Anschutz, and many Vudoo models, if you can find one.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:

To me it’s not just the accuracy in fact the trigger is the feature that makes me an annoying fanboy. I got my 1416 heavy barrel which is a spotter style with the 2atage 5098 which is my best trigger and I have timney CG extreme and that Austrian kind I forget what but you could put any of them on a vudoo and I think I would prefer my cheap anschutz for sporter style or silhouette type shooting. I put a heavier spring from anschutz since the 5098 only went up to a little over a pound
Old 04-25-2019, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
To me it’s not just the accuracy in fact the trigger is the feature that makes me an annoying fanboy. I got my 1416 heavy barrel which is a spotter style with the 2atage 5098 which is my best trigger and I have timney CG extreme and that Austrian kind I forget what but you could put any of them on a vudoo and I think I would prefer my cheap anschutz for sporter style or silhouette type shooting. I put a heavier spring from anschutz since the 5098 only went up to a little over a pound
I wasn’t overly impressed with my timney triggers, they’re nice but I prefer triggertech triggers myself.

If you like your anschutz that’s fine, from an accuracy alone standpoint I doubt there is any discernible difference between anschutz and vudoo that 99.99% of us would ever be able to see, or use for that matter. So it would boil down to platform for me, and like vcmm was asking, do I think the anschutz is worth the premium for what they offer? Nope, I think for the money you get more with the vudoo, at least more of what I want in a rifle.

This is about preference and opinion. Which is the best truck? Which is the best boat? Who makes the best pizza? A million questions with a million answers. To say anything I posted is a blanket statement, or my opinion is based on false reviews is simply not true. I did more research than just an hour google search. I hope as time goes by and people become more informed on vudoo’s they won’t get so upset when someone suggests they are a fine firearm (I’m not referring to you marxman).

So like I said, if I wanted something better than a Savage/CZ/Tikka, and I was going to spend a few grand on a rimfire, I would without a doubt get a vudoo. Chicken head accuracy at 0-50yds from a standing position is all I’m after so I most likely wont be spending my money on a vudoo any time soon.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:48 PM

Hows the 7mm going kurt? What bullets is it liking best?
Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Hows the 7mm going kurt? What bullets is it liking best?
I haven’t shot it in months. The only bullets I shot were the bergers I think. I got a sled just before the snow melted so I was trying to get in as many rides in as I could, then I had surgery, with my broken leg I missed out on a lot of activities last year, couldn’t do a few things around the house, so it’s been a busy spring so far.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I haven’t shot it in months. The only bullets I shot were the bergers I think. I got a sled just before the snow melted so I was trying to get in as many rides in as I could, then I had surgery, with my broken leg I missed out on a lot of activities last year, couldn’t do a few things around the house, so it’s been a busy spring so far.
Ah, busy times with health and family matters definately take priority. I can mirror that. Hope for some good summer time and great hunts this fall.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Ah, busy times with health and family matters definately take priority. I can mirror that. Hope for some good summer time and great hunts this fall.
Thanks, back at ya.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I wasn’t overly impressed with my timney triggers, they’re nice but I prefer triggertech triggers myself.

If you like your anschutz that’s fine, from an accuracy alone standpoint I doubt there is any discernible difference between anschutz and vudoo that 99.99% of us would ever be able to see, or use for that matter. So it would boil down to platform for me, and like vcmm was asking, do I think the anschutz is worth the premium for what they offer? Nope, I think for the money you get more with the vudoo, at least more of what I want in a rifle.

This is about preference and opinion. Which is the best truck? Which is the best boat? Who makes the best pizza? A million questions with a million answers. To say anything I posted is a blanket statement, or my opinion is based on false reviews is simply not true. I did more research than just an hour google search. I hope as time goes by and people become more informed on vudoo’s they won’t get so upset when someone suggests they are a fine firearm (I’m not referring to you marxman).

So like I said, if I wanted something better than a Savage/CZ/Tikka, and I was going to spend a few grand on a rimfire, I would without a doubt get a vudoo. Chicken head accuracy at 0-50yds from a standing position is all I’m after so I most likely wont be spending my money on a vudoo any time soon.
It will take quite a bit of time for vudoo rim rifles to be as popular as Anschutz and there are couple reasons for that.
Many people ,including myself also, have never even heard about this company before .
Anschutz, Walther and such competition rifles built their solid reputation and won many international and Olympic games and still keep on doing that .
People who consider .22 as a fun/joke caliber and only need it to shoot a chicken/grouse or teach a young shooter how to shoot probably will never buy it anyways because much cheaper .22 Savages, SZs and such will get it done about the same , but at much cheaper cost then vudoo.
I may be wrong ,but with the price tag they are asking for their rifles I don't expect too many farmers to drive them around in their trucks for a pest control, neither they will be used a lot for a competition shooting as there are brand names that have been successfully used for decades, and the category of people who want to have them just because might not be that high neither.

S12
Old 04-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Banned

Sorry, but I’m sitting back laughing at some of this. Comparing Anschutz and a Vudoo is like comparing F1 to NASCAR. Both top end race cars, but designed for different racing. Vudoo’s were designed for PRS style of matches, generally for someone to build a clone of their centerfire PRS. Different purpose, that all.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Sorry, but I’m sitting back laughing at some of this. Comparing Anschutz and a Vudoo is like comparing F1 to NASCAR. Both top end race cars, but designed for different racing. Vudoo’s were designed for PRS style of matches, generally for someone to build a clone of their centerfire PRS. Different purpose, that all.
So, seeing that an F1 car would essentially beat a NASCAR in any situation, with the possible exception of first to the bottom of the ocean, is Vudoo or Anschutz the F1 car?
Old 04-26-2019, 11:26 PM
Banned

Wow, way to totally misread what I said but if that's what you take from it, have at it I guess.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:47 AM
Banned

The question of the op was with all the new rimfires out in the last decade, should anschutz lower their price or up their game to keep up? I simply answered “yes” and gave the vudoo as a prime example of what justified a higher price. A custom built rimfire with a plethora of options that’s just as accurate as an anschutz. Drop the price point down to CZ/Tikka price so it can be thrown in the truck as a gopher/chicken gun and chicken head accuracy at 50yds is plenty good. I see better options for both applications than the anschutz and pointed it out, partially because some people had put the anschutz on such a high pedestal, most probably hadn’t even heard of a vudoo or realized what you could get with anschutz money.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Wow, way to totally misread what I said but if that's what you take from it, have at it I guess.
Did I misread it or was it an incredibly poor analogy.....

Anyway, just curious, if you could have one, which would it be?

Last edited by Trochu; 04-27-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Did I misread it or was it an incredibly poor analogy.....

Anyway, just curious, if you could have one, which would it be?
What would I take between an Anschutz and a Vudoo? The platform and options the surround the Vudoo appeal to me much more than that of the Anschutz. I have done benchrest and it’s ok, and I will do it again, but I prefer the PRS style situations. As my arthritis takes hold, I may have to look in to more of the stationary type of shooting. Then it would be either a stock change from the Vudoo (which is one of the biggest appeals knowing you can do that with any Remington 700 stock), or by an Anschutz.

Do I think one is better than the other? Not really. They are just built with different purposes.

As to winning shoots and titles, Anschutz rifles have been around for how long compared to Vudoo’s two years?
Old 04-27-2019, 09:58 AM

Default My dream 22...

Folks, I recently shot a competition Annie with the Model 54 action. Let me say that at 100 yards it was beyond impressive. I was blown away. Now competition rifles are not my cup of tea, but if I came into $3k fun money, I may have to drop it on this one...

https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com..._HB_AV_SS.html
Old 04-27-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Folks, I recently shot a competition Annie with the Model 54 action. Let me say that at 100 yards it was beyond impressive. I was blown away. Now competition rifles are not my cup of tea, but if I came into $3k fun money, I may have to drop it on this one...

https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com..._HB_AV_SS.html
What is impressive? I am wondering about group size? Not being an ass.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-27-2019, 10:33 AM
Banned

Literally, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Banned

This is what I know about rimfires, they are a close range firearm. If a fly farts @ 100yds you’ll see it on your score card. Out to 50yds, if you can get 1” groups consistently then you’re doing good. The new CZ Royal has some nice wood, short bolt throw, and good enough accuracy. For a couple hundred less the Tikka T1X seems to be every bit as accurate without the fancy wood, quite possibly the best “behind the seat” rimfire to date. If I’m spending $3k+ on a rimfire it’s going to be on something with some serious “cool factor” options because the accuracy will have more to do with doping the wind than the rifle at this price point. Nice wood won’t cut it for me.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
You think?

I doubt it. Nobody would have a hard time recouping their money on either an anschutz or a vudoo, it’s not like buying a ford, these rifles actually hold their resale value.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:30 AM

Default 1 inch groups!

I would think any rimfire that wouldnt shoot 1 inch groups at 50 yards should be sold. It was a very long time ago but I remember when the Browning T-bolt came out and the trick to show off accuracy was if you could light a wooden match on a fence post at 30 yards. Browning 22 ammo at that time was called "Naildriver".
Never heard of Vudoo until 2 days ago but with a 2 year history I wouldnt bet $2500 on their marketing stories. I am not a tactical style fan but that is just me. I bought a model 54 from Cat many years ago and while my eye surgeries have prevented me from enjoying it my son could shoot 1 ragged hole at 50 yards regularly.
Should Anshutz reduce their price based on many others offering cheaper accurate rifles I dont think so they have the reputation for match accuracy. Just think that production techniques and materials have allowed many other manufacturers to close the gap quite quickly.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
I would think any rimfire that wouldnt shoot 1 inch groups at 50 yards should be sold. It was a very long time ago but I remember when the Browning T-bolt came out and the trick to show off accuracy was if you could light a wooden match on a fence post at 30 yards. Browning 22 ammo at that time was called "Naildriver".
Never heard of Vudoo until 2 days ago but with a 2 year history I wouldnt bet $2500 on their marketing stories. I am not a tactical style fan but that is just me. I bought a model 54 from Cat many years ago and while my eye surgeries have prevented me from enjoying it my son could shoot 1 ragged hole at 50 yards regularly.
Should Anshutz reduce their price based on many others offering cheaper accurate rifles I dont think so they have the reputation for match accuracy. Just think that production techniques and materials have allowed many other manufacturers to close the gap quite quickly.
Here is a 52 page thread on vudoo’s “marketing” stories from guys who own them.

I realize that people put a price on nostalgia, and some have a hard time embracing new things, but I’ve noticed a lot of people investing a 10 minute google search and forming an opinion on the vudoo.

I’ve spent several hours researching vudoo rimfires before coming to the conclusion that they are the real deal. Just because anschutz has a history of accuracy, doesn’t mean they’re the only game in town. With the new Tikka T1x on the shelves now there is no way I’d spend over $1000 on an anschutz, or any other factory rimefire for that matter, but I’m not a sucker for fine wood or nostalgia when it comes to firearms, I’m more of a utilitarian in those regards.

My CZ was capable of lighting a match at 30yds I’m sure, and could be had for $500+/-, plenty good for most intents and purposes. Like vcmm was alluding to, I think anschutz has to either offer more or charge less to be on par with comparable rimfires imo.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
What is impressive? I am wondering about group size? Not being an ass.
Not being an ass at all. Good question actually. My buddy has a high end match Anschutz. We were doing some load development on one of my rifles at 100 m, and testing a whole bunch of different types of factory ammo. Between groups we would shoot his Anschutz at 100m.

Using match ammo, I was regularly able to shoot 5 shot groups easily into the 1"bullseye, with a number well below, and I am a good shot, but not great by any means. It was also very cold that day, and the owner told me that that particular ammo doesn't shoot as good in the cold. I would like to try it again under perfect conditions.

I had never shot, or even seen anyone shoot a high end 22 prior to this. I was beyond impressed, and I am not that easily impressed.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I am guessing you've parted with a lot of coin over the years. Thanks for your always helpful contribution.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here is a 52 page thread on vudoo’s “marketing” stories from guys who own them.

I realize that people put a price on nostalgia, and some have a hard time embracing new things, but I’ve noticed a lot of people investing a 10 minute google search and forming an opinion on the vudoo.

I’ve spent several hours researching vudoo rimfires before coming to the conclusion that they are the real deal. Just because anschutz has a history of accuracy, doesn’t mean they’re the only game in town. With the new Tikka T1x on the shelves now there is no way I’d spend over $1000 on an anschutz, or any other factory rimefire for that matter, but I’m not a sucker for fine wood or nostalgia when it comes to firearms, I’m more of a utilitarian in those regards.

My CZ was capable of lighting a match at 30yds I’m sure, and could be had for $500+/-, plenty good for most intents and purposes. Like vcmm was alluding to, I think anschutz has to either offer more or charge less to be on par with comparable rimfires imo.
Forgot to add link.

https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...569243/page-12
Old 04-27-2019, 01:31 PM

Each rifle has its own qualities at its own price point. People will buy whatever suits them regardless of what is written on this forum.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:08 PM

Well Kurt, I read through a good portion of the posts on the link you provided. Like I said before. lots of things to like about the Vudoo and lots of reasons to buy one. That said, it is pretty clear from the posts, most of the owners says their Anschutz shoot tighter than the Vudoo. One example in quotes below.

Quote:
I have owned about every precision rimfire out there (no B.S. really everything...) and the Vudoo has no equal. I have owned 2 other rifle that hare close in function and accuracy: a custom Anschutz (that is currently for sale here on the Hide &#128521 and a Sauer 200 STR that had a 22lr conversion for it (that I should have never sold...). They both function 100% and are crazy accurate (see the 6X5 threads from the years gone by). I am not sure my Vudoo can shoot with the Anschutz but it is very close and I need to test some ammo as opposed to just shooting whatever, but where the Vudoo sets itself apart is the availability of aftermarket components.
Pure accuracy is however only one reason a guy chooses a RF. All in, and related to what the OP originally asked, Anschutz makes great guns priced anywhere from $1,000 to pretty much whatever your wallet can stand. They are made for specific purposes and markets. I don't think Anschutz needs to drop their price, they already sell everything they can produce and there is still a big market for quality guns from somebody who has been in hte business more than 100 years. We shall see if 2 year old Vudoo manages to last half that long.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:19 PM

so ruger 10/22 is the best??? or is it a nascar compared to an F1??? or an F150? I cant really figure out the way that a gun affiliates to a specific model of vehicle for these comparison arguments.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Well Kurt, I read through a good portion of the posts on the link you provided. Like I said before. lots of things to like about the Vudoo and lots of reasons to buy one. That said, it is pretty clear from the posts, most of the owners says their Anschutz shoot tighter than the Vudoo. One example in quotes below.

Pure accuracy is however only one reason a guy chooses a RF. All in, and related to what the OP originally asked, Anschutz makes great guns priced anywhere from $1,000 to pretty much whatever your wallet can stand. They are made for specific purposes and markets. I don't think Anschutz needs to drop their price, they already sell everything they can produce and there is still a big market for quality guns from somebody who has been in hte business more than 100 years. We shall see if 2 year old Vudoo manages to last half that long.

Im glad you read the link, it gives a glimpse of insight as to the products offered by vudoo, you’ll find other threads on longrange and rimfire central as well.

Anschutz makes great guns, I imagine the $1000 ones are comparable to the Tikka/CZ/T-bolt rifles, but I would be more inclined to go for the cheapest of the bunch, that being the Tikka for the simple fact it doesn’t seem to give up anything in the accuracy department (as in can hold chicken head accuracy out to 50yds) and I wouldn’t feel bad if the stock gets beat up a bit, plus you could throw it in a McMillan, Wildcat, or Bell and Carlson stock if you really wanted to spruce it up.

Some guys would spend $7K on a blaser, I wouldn’t. It’s the same deal, different folks put a different value on certain attributes, the anschutz just don’t happen to have what I would justify spending the money on.