Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-03-2019, 09:49 PM

Default Freedom Ordnance 9MM AR

What asweetheart to shoot. Non- Restricted and takes Glock Mags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0061.jpg (115.5 KB, 134 views)
Old 04-04-2019, 08:37 AM

Any that I have seen have had significant play between the upper and lower.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:50 PM

Very cool guns! Was pining (badly) for one of these for the longest time, then got to handle a Ruger PC Carbine..which was listed for about $250 less than the FX-9 was supposed to be when they showed-up. Then my local gun shop had a sale on the Rugers for $749, meaning about a $350 difference so I grabbed the Ruger...which also runs on Glock mags.

I honestly didn't care for the look of the Rugers but when I finally handled one...my opinion did a 180. Runs like a top, compact, and unlike every Ruger 10/22 I've shot, everything was tight-fitting, well machined, nicely finished, etc. Easy choice and at this point (about 400 rounds in) I have zero regrets.

Ultimately, my LGS got their FX-9s in so naturally..I had to go handle one. The "want" factor is still very real, and I DO hope to own one at some point...but I think the Ruger is a bit better balanced, has a stock that feels good when sighting, etc. Worth considering for anyone after a PCC.

What I'd LIKE is both guns (and many others ) and as much as I'm reluctant to say I like any semi made by Ruger...I have to confess I believe they got the PC Carbine right.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:07 PM

Definitely a fine looking rifle. The shorter receiver and longer forend give it a balanced look that appeals to me. But I'm about done with blowback guns. Being a lefty, everything I've tried ends up peppering my cheeks.

I had high hopes for the savage A17. Picked up the target model a few months back. Once I bedded it, it became as accurate as my Savage 93, but it's hard to focus when you're eating crud with every shot. That one will be up for sale soon.

I am interested in the Beretta storm. Fully ambidextrous - including ejection. Not much more than the fx-9.

Colin
Old 04-05-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post

I am interested in the Beretta storm.

Colin
That one gets my vote for the ugliest gun of all time

The FX9 looks really nice. I am still running the JR in 9mm (but not much...). No issues with it.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
Definitely a fine looking rifle. The shorter receiver and longer forend give it a balanced look that appeals to me. But I'm about done with blowback guns. Being a lefty, everything I've tried ends up peppering my cheeks.

I had high hopes for the savage A17. Picked up the target model a few months back. Once I bedded it, it became as accurate as my Savage 93, but it's hard to focus when you're eating crud with every shot. That one will be up for sale soon.

I am interested in the Beretta storm. Fully ambidextrous - including ejection. Not much more than the fx-9.

Colin
Hey Colin~is there nothing you can buy/make that can be mounted to the gun, and deflect gas/debris? I'm a custom fabricator (not gun related stuff) but a few ideas come to mind..