Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-15-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
That's why you count, you know when he has to reload. Also how many mags is the perp gonna be able to buy? And carry? Let's say he buys 4 normal mags that gives him 20 shots. Buy 4 high capacity mags and he has 60-120.
Count? So you have been in the chaos of a gun fight and been able to count shots over all other screams echoes and ricochets, know what he brought with him, the fact that he does not have an alternate firearm and most of all the internal fortitude to make that run while jumping over all the people laying on the ground?

You should change your handle to Super raab...
Old 01-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Banned

Default Excellent observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCalgary View Post
@ Raab

You have missed the point. If you are a PAL or RPAL holder there is absolutely no need for the government or police force to wet nurse you to a safe and peaceful life.

More legislation does not mean more safety when it comes to law abiding firearms owners. It is criminality that should be the focus or concern regarding guns.

As responsible owners we know what we are doing, we are the most knowledgeable about what we do and it's idiots with points of view such as yours that allow the gradual decline of our pursuits whether hunting, target shooting, etc

Wake up

Old 01-15-2016, 05:42 PM

The POS that murdered the RCMP officers in Mayerthorpe was under a weapons ban and could not lawfully possess any firearm. He was shooting a H&K carbine with full auto capability, a gun no-one can buy and own here. So no Virginia he didn't follow the rules but he did prove they don't work.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
That's why you count, you know when he has to reload. Also how many mags is the perp gonna be able to buy? And carry? Let's say he buys 4 normal mags that gives him 20 shots. Buy 4 high capacity mags and he has 60-120.
So you are running for cover to try and save your life, and you are going to take the time to carefully count each shot? They can't even do that in the Dirty Harry movies.

As for the amount of magazines, you can purchase as many as you please, and if you spend any amount of time at the range, you will see people wearing tactical vests with more than a dozen magazines.

You have already struck out enough times in this one thread, to lose a World Series.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCalgary View Post
@ Raab

You have missed the point. If you are a PAL or RPAL holder there is absolutely no need for the government or police force to wet nurse you to a safe and peaceful life.

More legislation does not mean more safety when it comes to law abiding firearms owners. It is criminality that should be the focus or concern regarding guns.

As responsible owners we know what we are doing, we are the most knowledgeable about what we do and it's idiots with points of view such as yours that allow the gradual decline of our pursuits whether hunting, target shooting, etc

Wake up
I agree to an extent that guns aren't the issue. Mental health is the biggest issue surrounding gun violence. I think we should be focusing more on that aspect and getting people the help they need. But in saying that there are some things the average citizen shouldn't have. IMO if you want to shoot prohibited weapons join the CAF or your local reserves.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
Count? So you have been in the chaos of a gun fight and been able to count shots over all other screams echoes and ricochets, know what he brought with him, the fact that he does not have an alternate firearm and most of all the internal fortitude to make that run while jumping over all the people laying on the ground?

You should change your handle to Super raab...
I've been in some very intense situations. I'd like to think that I would try to act if something like that ever accured. I know that if I did nothing that it's almost certain death. Better to try and maybe die then to lie and die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I just saw this thread was moved to the "Guns and ammo" section.
I think this belongs in general discussion, as this issue is about more than just guns.
X2

Quote:
Did he get restricted and you get non-restricted? I had mine in hand 5 weeks after taking the course. Also 3 weeks sounds quick, I believe there's a 28 day waiting period before you get your PAL once the documents are sent in.
Both are non-restricted. We took the course in Didsbury. Good times... good people.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I agree to an extent that guns aren't the issue. Mental health is the biggest issue surrounding gun violence. I think we should be focusing more on that aspect and getting people the help they need. But in saying that there are some things the average citizen shouldn't have. IMO if you want to shoot prohibited weapons join the CAF or your local reserves.
You're a good little Nazi raab, but heinrich Himmler beat you to the post when he said "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the ss or the sa. Ordinary citizens do not need guns as their having guns does not serve the state".
Old 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTTT View Post
Both are non-restricted. We took the course in Didsbury. Good times... good people.
That's weird then. I've heard of people waiting 3-4 months before but 9 seems excessive. Could have had issues with his references or an ex maybe.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
And what facts have I been wrong with? I never said the Mini 14 was full auto, but it did have a high mag in the Ecole Polytechnique shooting. I said I wasn't sure if the rifle used in Mayerthorpe was full auto, but I was sure it was prohibited. How about instead of insulting me you bring something to the argument to why you think rifles that can be easily modified to full auto and have easily modified high capacity magazines should be kept off the prohibited list.
I have read the whole thread trying to figure out what exactly you are arguing.
I assume it's the bolded part?

1.The RCMP already tests every new firearm that is imported into the country, to ensure they aren't "easily converted to full auto".

2. "High capacity" magazines are already prohibited devices. All legal magazines for semi autos are limited to five rounds, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE RCMP.

The RCMP already said these guns are OK.
THEY ARE NOW SIMPLY TRYING TO TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.
Sorry for shouting, I won't do it again.
There's the facts.
I realize you'll probably keep arguing anyway.
I think you just like arguing.
And that's ok.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:58 PM

If guns are so bad, then news of mass shootings and violence should be common for Switzerland. On the contrary, Switzerland in one of the quietest and probably ranks up there in safest.

You are correct in pointing out mental health as the most prevalent cause of murders and suicides. Remember the Cretien cutbacks to the provinces for health care in the early 90's.
I was working around Oliver Hospital in Edmonton. The wards went empty and all those patients were out on the streets with no where to go. What a sad state of affairs that was. We were getting calls at all hours of the night from concerned citizens regarding the safety of all these people that now had no where to go. Our Transit cars were providing taxi service just to stop people freezing to death.

I could go on and on, but I hear a bruised grape calling...
Old 01-15-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
You're a good little Nazi raab, but heinrich Himmler beat you to the post when he said "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the ss or the sa. Ordinary citizens do not need guns as their having guns does not serve the state".
Where did I say people can't have guns. I'm sorry but I see no reason for people to have fully automatic weapons in this country. The whole your either for or against guns argument is stupid. I don't think people need fully automatic weapons so they can play commando on the weekends. You want to do that then join the reserves and have the fully automatic rifles stored at a facility some ******* perp can't break into.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but I see no reason for people to have fully automatic weapons in this country.
And since fully automatic firearms are already prohibited in Canada, enacting more laws will accomplish nothing.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I have read the whole thread trying to figure out what exactly you are arguing.
I assume it's the bolded part?

1.The RCMP already tests every new firearm that is imported into the country, to ensure they aren't "easily converted to full auto".

2. "High capacity" magazines are already prohibited devices. All legal magazines for semi autos are limited to five rounds, AS PER INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE RCMP.

The RCMP already said these guns are OK.
THEY ARE NOW SIMPLY TRYING TO TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.
Sorry for shouting, I won't do it again.
There's the facts.
I realize you'll probably keep arguing anyway.
I think you just like arguing.
And that's ok.
And who's saying they'll be took away for sure, or even what guns they're looking at making prohibited? It's just as plausible that new owners could be grandfathered and get to keep their rifles. Just wouldn't be able to sell them.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:03 PM

ok then
Old 01-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Raab, you sure get a lot of people riled up whenever you post. Almost like you know it's going to get people worked up and can't stop yourself.
He on commission.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:21 PM

No Raab's on salary.... part of Justin's think tank... can't own a gun that has been in my possession. For the last 16 years but I can spark a joint with my teenage son. What a load of @$£%.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:25 PM

Default CBC (Libs) Hate Alberta

Yesterdays news - CBC - Thousands of stolen guns make Alberta unsafe.
sure makes Alberta look bad! How many guns have been stolen in other provinces'?

I question the number of guns stolen in this story, is this true or BS?
How many on this site have had guns stolen or know of people that have ?

Todays news - RCMP move to ban semi - automatic rifles.

Perfect timing CBC ,after yesterdays news, lets get all the firearm haters fired up.

As responsible gun owners we need to fight this, once it starts there's no stopping it.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I've been in some very intense situations. I'd like to think that I would try to act if something like that ever accured. I know that if I did nothing that it's almost certain death. Better to try and maybe die then to lie and die.
Before you try make sure you check first to see what size his magazine is .You would look awfull silly if you assume he is abiding by the law and you count five shots jump up only to find he has 25 more.Cause if he is shooting at people chances are he cares nothing about laws.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddawg View Post
Yesterdays news - CBC - Thousands of stolen guns make Alberta unsafe.
sure makes Alberta look bad! How many guns have been stolen in other provinces'?

I question the number of guns stolen in this story, is this true or BS?
How many on this site have had guns stolen or know of people that have ?

Todays news - RCMP move to ban semi - automatic rifles.

Perfect timing CBC ,after yesterdays news, lets get all the firearm haters fired up.

As responsible gun owners we need to fight this, once it starts there's no stopping it.
The numbers were high because they included those stolen by the RCMP in High River
Old 01-15-2016, 06:40 PM

^^^^^That explains it.LOL
Old 01-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
The numbers were high because they included those stolen by the RCMP in High River
Haha the best so far.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:53 PM
Banned

It is obvious that we cannot make everyone happy in today's society.

Guns made the world what it is today and they will always be here
Unfortunately there is always going to be situations involving firearms.

What needs to be in place is our happy medium so everyone benefits or maybe
Makes them feel better or safer on both sides of the spectrum.

We cannot change the guns that we have in existence besides banning, destroying and disarming which means to me total disorder and world chaos

So what about the magazines ?
I'm comfortable with the current magazine capacity I guess. So why don't they invent a reliable electronic magazine that limits a person from running full auto. Ban current magazines with harsh penalties to those that decide to keep them. Seems a pretty simple fix.

Or we change the way the penalties for serious crimes of any kind are handled. I mean we are in the twenty first century here and it seems the only thing that has been consistently effective to end what ever it is someone is doing is pain. Instead of setting these offenders up in a nice home away from home with cable tv let's bring the pain factor back and maybe once a day so it can still be felt the next morning as pain is something I don't think anyone would get used to.

Just spit balling here

Last edited by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^; 01-15-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat in the cat View Post
the numbers were high because they included those stolen by the rcmp in high river
😂😂😂
Old 01-15-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
You don't think a killer could take 5 seconds to drill the rivet out af a 30 round pmag? Go ahead and count to 5 and charge in there lol. Or would you rather have a carry permit and shoot back lol
Old 01-15-2016, 07:16 PM

So what's the plan? I guess we will have to see what guns they are talking about. Owning a firearm that could ruin my family is not something I would be interested in doing but I don't have any of these rifles they are talking about. Many of us will probably be affected on the next round of RCMP/ Lib gun confiscations.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytop B View Post
You don't think a killer could take 5 seconds to drill the rivet out af a 30 round pmag? Go ahead and count to 5 and charge in there lol. Or would you rather have a carry permit and shoot back lol
And thats why its important to know what guns they plan to make prohibited. It may be any of the guns that you can easily modify the magazine for. We need more details on what they want to do.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:26 PM

raab...Put any gun down on the table with no one around for a week.
Then tell us how many died from it laying there

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 01-15-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
And thats why its important to know what guns they plan to make prohibited. It may be any of the guns that you can easily modify the magazine for. We need more details on what they want to do.
No we don't. All we need to know is that they are considering taking legally owned firearms from lawful and responsible gun owners.

When a political party or police force comes forward with a plan to disarm and penalize criminals then I will be interested in details.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me