Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Default Fshn Hole Calgary

Anyone heard what if anything is happening to the Calgary fishn hole Looks like they are getting ready to tear down the bldg. that they are at. They are the only bus. left so maybe a move or a closure. Not sure but hope they stay
Old 08-10-2019, 04:49 PM

They are moving across street to a little bigger location I believe in Oct.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Lease is up time to move.

Obviously didnt take my advice when I left.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:01 PM

TFH is moving across the street to a bigger and better location in September.

The location they’re currently in is being redeveloped and will open later in the year with all new business and restaurants.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Still nothing for us south guys. Damn.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:32 AM

One street further south is not far enough south. How about Seaton right next to MEC
Old 08-11-2019, 10:28 AM

Talking

guys are complaining about having to drive across an entire city to go to a store? My goodness how awful for you lol. I have to cross a PROVINCE! lol

You city guys are way too spoiled.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 AM

I was going to agree with you Ken. Then i remembered the last time we were in Calgary for a few weeks,where i spent most of my younger years so i know it fairly well, and im thinking id rather drive from your place to Edmonton any time winter or summer.

Even though Calgary has all those freeways it aint for the faint hearted anymore. Maybe im just getting old but its hard work getting around or across that town. Seems like you always gotta be gunning it to get on or off a freeway or (race track like it seems to be) or to change lanes. Bet my fuel mileage was worse for the two weeks we were there recently.

Should add, its still nice to get home to Calgary though no matter how much its changed. Especially seeing my old stomping grounds.

Last edited by cranky; 08-11-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:17 AM

Do ya think maybe they have a moving out sale? Less to pack up and move!!
Just like a bunch of other strip malls they are doing a re-face. Good for them. I frequent there lots. Hope if they're moving is some what bigger place.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
I was going to agree with you Ken. Then i remembered the last time we were in Calgary for a few weeks,where i spent most of my younger years so i know it fairly well, and im thinking id rather drive from your place to Edmonton any time winter or summer.

Even though Calgary has all those freeways it aint for the faint hearted anymore. Maybe im just getting old but its hard work getting around or across that town. Seems like you always gotta be gunning it to get on or off a freeway or (race track like it seems to be) or to change lanes. Bet my fuel mileage was worse for the two weeks we were there recently.
It's the "DEERFOOT 500"
Old 08-11-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
guys are complaining about having to drive across an entire city to go to a store? My goodness how awful for you lol. I have to cross a PROVINCE! lol

You city guys are way too spoiled.
Agree. 135 miles or more for me. Wish The Fishin Hole would open up a store in Lethbridge. Really miss WSS.

Instead of a block south, should move it down to Lethbridge.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
It's the "DEERFOOT 500"
I lived it for a year back and forth to Edmonchuk. Some soothing music like Slayer, Metallica, RATM really helps to set the right mood
Old 08-12-2019, 03:50 PM

We here in Calgary call that place up north of us the big onion. Cause every time we gotta go there we cry. LOL
Old 08-15-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Do ya think maybe they have a moving out sale? Less to pack up and move!!
Just like a bunch of other strip malls they are doing a re-face. Good for them. I frequent there lots. Hope if they're moving is some what bigger place.
Think their big W2W sale is coming up soon, that should take care of a big chunk of inventory I'd think.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Think their big W2W sale is coming up soon, that should take care of a big chunk of inventory I'd think.
Always the 3rd week of August I believe, so that'd be next Weds-Saturday, if I remember correctly. Gonna be in the market for some electronics (which almost never goes on sale) so we'll see if they've got any Gen 2 stuff they're pushing out...
Old 08-17-2019, 01:19 PM

Woo Hoo . I need another specific rod for kokanee fishing cause dumb ***** me broke the tip on my 7'6 light action. Usually no snubber needed.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:16 PM

im there!!!
Old 08-18-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Woo Hoo . I need another specific rod for kokanee fishing cause dumb ***** me broke the tip on my 7'6 light action. Usually no snubber needed.
Stickfixit in south Calgary can repair your rod. Broke my GLoomis and they fixed it like new fro 50 bucks
Old 08-19-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
Stickfixit in south Calgary can repair your rod. Broke my GLoomis and they fixed it like new fro 50 bucks
Thanks I will check them out. It broke just above the second eye and only about an inch left. Thought of just putting another end eye on and took it to the Fishing Hole and they said too close and just cut the end off and have a 7 ft. rod. Not sure but I think "I need" / "not want" another rod. That would bring my collection to about 20.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:08 AM

any idea when is the wall to wall sale this year?
Old 08-21-2019, 07:20 AM

Starting today Aug 21 thru Sat.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 PM

Yup started today. Already got a handful. Going back for a rod tomorrow if any left that I want/need
Old 08-21-2019, 07:06 PM

Picked up a new 5wt rod today, although I'm also driving to Calgary tomorrow and have another 5wt waiting for me there, so not sure which I really "need", lol.

Noticed reel selection was really depleted today unfortunately. Didn't find either EG store overly busy today, lots of eager friendly staff willing to assist.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 PM

Picked up a Lowrance fishinder for the Lund .
Old 08-22-2019, 10:42 PM

Across the city, pashaa.....

I just drove 4 hrs to Kalispell for a fishing rod and a few hooks!

Sheesh......city folk......
Old 08-22-2019, 10:56 PM

For sure, when we get all the other stuff we "really need" or "want", we will really look like we know what we are doing when we go fishing from creeks, and rivers as we walk with our vest's and hook filled hat's on, also the shore to boat fishing. All the right gear, (as we see it) and when you set up the down riggers, the 12 inch screen sonar or two and troll with the rear kicker or front mount electric, standing up casting with your remote control around your neck...….you wonder? When is the next sale on???? Cause I need those side planer boards!!!!! Who'd a thunk it?
Old 08-23-2019, 06:39 AM

I was at the Calgary store last night.

Lots of good buys. I stocked up on bulk jigs at 50% off and a bunch of other stuff I "needed" at 25% off.

All rods and reels are 25%. There's a few select reels and some Shimano SLX rods (the re-named Compre) on sale for 50% off. A lot of the reel counter is already cleaned out, but I was surprised there was a still a couple of Islanders and some Shimano saltwater reels (that stuff always seems to be the first to go), a couple of the new Tekotas, a few Stradics, a few high end Abu and Quantum spinning reels, and a decent selection of baitcasters left.

The best deals to be had were on electronics. They're 25% off. Electronics NEVER go 25% off! They had a Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 holdover on sale for $1385, I've seen them selling for close to that used. A couple of Humminbird Gen 2 Helix units that were almost 50% off too.

Store is closing on Sept. 1 from what I understand, they're hoping to re-open ASAP at the new location.