Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM

Default Southpaw Upgrades: Quiver/Full contain drop-away- TiteSpot/Smackdown Pro?

Hey Guys,

So, last year I ventured into archery for the first time by picking up a used Left-Handed APA M7 all set up and ready to go. I wasn't sold on all the accessories and stuff, but figured I'd shoot it a while and make a decision actually based on a little experience. I love the bow and I've really, really enjoyed shooting it and learning the form and techniques that accurate archery requires. Way more fun than I ever thought it'd be and very addictive! I'll probably be in big trouble once an animal actually bites the dust, hopefully this fall...

Anyways. It came with a basic Trophy Taker drop-away, not sure the model? A HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra and a APA two piece quiver.

For me, the jury is still out on the single pin. None of my buddies use them, but I think I'm gonna stick with it for this season. I like the clean, uncluttered view. However, I do not like how it gets in the way of the current 5 arrow quiver. It can only hold 3 arrows with the big HHA in the way. This got me looking for quiver options and liking the TiteSpot quivers. The idea of a lighter quiver, relocating it and getting it closer to the bow seems good to me? Are the TiteSpots lefty compatible and worth the money? Any other suggestions?

As for the drop-away. The current TT works ok, but I find it kinda loud with an arrow in it and at the shot. I'd like a better, full-containment for those reasons and thought I'd settled on the Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro, but come to find out, it's not available in left-handed versions. Any suggestions for a lefty compatible drop away, as good or better than the Pro? Please?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM

Ok, so I just realized the Pro is available in LH. Is it a good option? Any other similar/better LH drop aways available?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 AM

wrongside,

I don't know much about the TT Smackdown Pro except that it is getting rave reviews on AT. Mostly because I think that model is limb driven not cable driven. Or it can be configured that way.

I don't know what type of hunting you do, but if your into spot-n-stalk, I find those open type of containment cages very loud. The arrow is bouncing around in there. They may have felt, a rubber coating, plastic containment, whatever...a carbon arrow rattling around will make noise! I've had a NAP Apache Carbon and a Limbdriver Pro-V with similar designs to the TT and this is what I found. I would recommend either a Whisker biscuit, or a QAD.

As far as the tightspot, you might need a special bracket from HHA to fit it on depending if you have the slider or dial type. Not sure. But I don't think you can go wrong with a tightspot. Light, quiet, adjustable, and fits tight to the bow to help better with balance.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:54 AM

...X 2 with Black Bear..

Neil
Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 PM

Default Thank You

I haven't been on AO for a while, so this is a little delayed... Thanks for your advice guys!