Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2020, 03:00 PM

Default Wondering about a tax revolt?

Just wondering if anyone have ever thought about this? If at the end of the year, everyone does their taxes and everyone owes money. Tell the Government, go pound salt. We paid enough through our paychecks, you get no more from us. We made $1200 more this year and you want $1800 more from us. Keep us in a hole. We all say, NO!!!! Most don't know how to or don't have any money to hide. Guess it comes down to garnishee your wage then? They the Gov, will not let us the regular working folk, advance to better our lives.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:10 PM

If you want to fight with CRA, try something a little easier first.

Maybe something like fill a 45 gallon drum with barbed wire, leaving a hole big enough for your head and crawl through it.

They are the most ignorant, arrogant, impossible 'business' for lack of better term on the planet to deal with.

They will seize your accounts, all of them if they 'think' you owe them money, then you can prove your way out of it.

It won't work.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-15-2020, 03:29 PM

Exactly why we need to separate. Eastern Canada is a disease

Kens right though, the CRA is basically the economic KGB. They WILL make you pay
Old 02-15-2020, 03:32 PM

It’s been in my thoughts a lot lately. I think Ken is right.

The angle I think it needs to be worked from is not working a normal job at all. Work for cash only. I realize people aren’t going to want to quit their normal jobs but it’s the only way I see it happening. If the large majority of the population did this it would work. There is power in numbers.

No bank accounts, no savings accounts, no plastic, no paper trail. Cash, gold and precious metals only. It would never happen because getting people to work together is like herding cats.

I feel like a fool working for the government. Let the government and country crumble and then start rebuilding.

I don’t know what the solution is but I do know I’ve had enough.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post

The angle I think it needs to be worked from is not working a normal job at all. Work for cash only. I realize people aren’t going to want to quit their normal jobs but it’s the only way I see it happening. If the large majority of the population did this it would work. There is power in numbers.

No bank accounts, no savings accounts, no plastic, no paper trail. Cash, gold and precious metals only. It would never happen because getting people to work together is like herding cats.

I feel like a fool working for the government. Let the government and country crumble and then start rebuilding.

You and Millions of others the government has pushed this country and its people to the edge,,,,,I am not sure what will happen but it will happen and it will not be pretty....I feel sorry for my grand kids that we have left them such a mess.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:02 PM

Ken is right. They will freeze any account you have, and then any asset you think you own....you won't. Being wiped and and penniless isn't much of a revolt. The only people they have mercy for is wealthy folks with offshore tax dodge accounts. They get cut all kinds of slack for hiding millions. It's mysterious.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-15-2020, 04:34 PM

Lose lose lose.

You will not only pay what you owe but also hefty fines and penalties.

You could all pay too much tax and then wait for ever for a refund.

Why not just block a train? Seems to work. Likely could get pizza delivered. Just preorder a porta potty.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-15-2020, 04:57 PM

I love the idea, but cra people would throw their grandma in jail if she didn’t pay her taxes.

Just a thought on this.

The feds could pass a budget where by they could declare a 90percent or whatever income tax rate. How do we stop them from taking our entire income?

BW
Old 02-15-2020, 05:01 PM
Banned

Ahhh yes, the cra. I had 3 sub contractors work for me for 2 years. I paid them nearly $800k and GST on all their invoices. Then they filed their taxes (after 2 years), the cra sent me a letter saying I owe $160k for their taxes because they were deemed to be employees..... The fact I had 14 of my own employees on the site they were working on that got paid as regular employees didn’t matter. The fact that I paid 5% extra on their invoices didn’t matter. The fact they themselves stated to the cra that they presented themselves as sub contractors didn’t matter. Because I covered them under my WCB since I already had it set up when they started, just to get them safely working on site, the cra said there is no denying they are employees.

If I could find a way to never pay another nickel to the federal government for as long as I live I would jump on it. They are bar none the worst organized crime gang in the country, they have stolen $160k from me and there’s not a dam thing I can do about it.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Banned

This is one of those areas where you’re never gonna keep everyone happy.
I want better policing.
I want better health care.
I want better infrastructure.
But damn... don’t raise my taxes!!!!
Everyone has different things that are important...and as a politician you try and keep everyone happy, which means no one is happy.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
This is one of those areas where you’re never gonna keep everyone happy.
I want better policing.
I want better health care.
I want better infrastructure.
But damn... don’t raise my taxes!!!!
Everyone has different things that are important...and as a politician you try and keep everyone happy, which means no one is happy.
How about “I want a prime minister that won’t give away $300 million to a tribe in Papua New Guinea to help promote woman’s suffrage”?

Maybe if we could put a stop to the ridiculous ways our liberal government wastes our hard earned tax money, we wouldn’t have to pay so much!!!
Old 02-15-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Just wondering if anyone have ever thought about this? If at the end of the year, everyone does their taxes and everyone owes money. Tell the Government, go pound salt. We paid enough through our paychecks, you get no more from us. We made $1200 more this year and you want $1800 more from us. Keep us in a hole. We all say, NO!!!! Most don't know how to or don't have any money to hide. Guess it comes down to garnishee your wage then? They the Gov, will not let us the regular working folk, advance to better our lives.
Good luck with that.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-15-2020, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
How about “I want a prime minister that won’t give away $300 million to a tribe in Papua New Guinea to help promote woman’s suffrage”?

Maybe if we could put a stop to the ridiculous ways our liberal government wastes our hard earned tax money, we wouldn’t have to pay so much!!!
That unfortunately is not so much a tax issue as a buffoon issue... which somehow we have to get rid of.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Ahhh yes, the cra. I had 3 sub contractors work for me for 2 years. I paid them nearly $800k and GST on all their invoices. Then they filed their taxes (after 2 years), the cra sent me a letter saying I owe $160k for their taxes because they were deemed to be employees..... The fact I had 14 of my own employees on the site they were working on that got paid as regular employees didn’t matter. The fact that I paid 5% extra on their invoices didn’t matter. The fact they themselves stated to the cra that they presented themselves as sub contractors didn’t matter. Because I covered them under my WCB since I already had it set up when they started, just to get them safely working on site, the cra said there is no denying they are employees.

If I could find a way to never pay another nickel to the federal government for as long as I live I would jump on it. They are bar none the worst organized crime gang in the country, they have stolen $160k from me and there’s not a dam thing I can do about it.
Been there! They’re a mafia that is supported by the government of Canada.

BW
Old 02-15-2020, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Done in a Russell Peters voice...You go FIRST and I'll be right behind you

CRA has me on speed dial
Old 02-15-2020, 06:26 PM

It’s called bankruptcy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweld View Post
It’s called bankruptcy

Bankruptcy does not clear CRA debt.

How tidy is that?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-15-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:

Separation from them seems to be the only alternative, our upcoming provincial elections with Wexit candidates running should tell us a bit more about how many of us feel likewise. I don't mind paying a percentage of my income to cover roads, schools, hospitals etc etc etc. I find any additional taxes, GST HST Carbon Environmental etc etc to be the most vile taxes of all.And I don't support foreign aid, or giving millions to terrorists....
Old 02-15-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Bankruptcy does not clear CRA debt.

How tidy is that?

It does. I’m going through it right now.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:54 PM

What are we going to do after we separate and our newly founded country’s government wastes tax money and generally displeases us? Will Edmonton or Calgary start a separation movement when they can’t get enough votes to override the rest of the province err country. Call it Calexit or Edxit ,may Redxit .
Old 02-15-2020, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
What are we going to do after we separate and our newly founded country’s government wastes tax money and generally displeases us? Will Edmonton or Calgary start a separation movement when they can’t get enough votes to override the rest of the province err country. Call it Calexit or Edxit ,may Redxit .

Remember when California left the US briefly and then came crying back? No one remembers? Ok.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:12 PM

Upper Canada was setup to feed lower Canada.
Oh wow. Look where we are now.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Exactly why we need to separate. Eastern Canada is a disease

Kens right though, the CRA is basically the economic KGB. They WILL make you pay
Where is their headquarters and where do they back up their files???? And where is the back up to their backup?????
Old 02-15-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
They are the most ignorant, arrogant, impossible 'business' for lack of better term on the planet to deal with.
That's Bell Mobility.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:46 AM

Quote:

Let me guess, the real amounts owed amount to about $20k?
Old 02-16-2020, 02:30 AM

An interesting thing about income taxes is that the income tax act is not law, nor has it been since 1947. In 1936, the supreme court ruled that income taxes were not really income taxes, but really were insurance payments, and insurance was outside of the scope of the federal government. (case is 1936 SCR427. I can send a highlighted copy to anyone who wants to PM me their email address) This is a rather sticky situation as CRA will not let you file taxes without a social insurance number. So, you volunteer to the social insurance program. One can volunteer to do thing outside the law. Rather clever really. Now that you've volunteered, they can do other illegal things that you unknowingly volunteered for. You have also volunteered to become an 'Officer of Canada'. Officer has a very interesting legal connotation.

Many people trying to get out of this situation come at this from an angle that this is a relationship of contract. This isn't the case. It's more a relationship of agency and/or trust. (Insurance is very heavily based on the rules of trust) In these relationships, you are in the position of owing the duty. These have completely different rules than contract. It's a rather difficult situation to get oneself out of.

It's interesting to note that CRA assessments rely very heavily on the doctrine of 'notice' to have effect. An unanswered notice becomes binding between the parties. When notice is sent, three options exist. First is to do nothing and accept the terms of the notice. Second is to send a counter notice saying that you don't accept their notice, essentially telling them to screw off. Third is to do a conditional acceptance which is like, "I conditionally accept what you're saying provided that you proved the relevant proof that... which proves that you are making a valid claim." Second and third hold up in court. Even if in the second example you just tell them to FOAD. Look up the doctrine of notice on youtube. Good basic info there.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:14 AM

we dont have a tax problem in this country we have a spending problem . IF we could elect a leader with a grasp on reality , both provincially and federally the problem would fix itself . we , however , keep hiring career politicians who have never flipped burgers or worn coveralls and who feel that they are entitled do as they please with the monies collected because after all , they are the " chosen ones" . the checks and balances are in place to ensure that they can take whatever they want from us .

as far as not filing at the years end , most people are employees and your employer has already taken most of the income tax off of each check you get . if you dont file its just the balance you may be holding back . not much of a revolt .
Old 02-16-2020, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
Let me guess, the real amounts owed amount to about $20k?
The real amounts owed is $0.00, I paid those guys all the money plus 5%. The cra charged me about $80k and tacked on about $80k in penalties and interest.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post

Good luck finding a legitimate employer who will pay you cash for work and not deduct taxes. Wages paid by an employer are a tax deduction for him, so he must report it.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Good luck finding a legitimate employer who will pay you cash for work and not deduct taxes. Wages paid by an employer are a tax deduction for him, so he must report it.
I understand that. There’s nothing legitimate about what I suggested; I suggested leaving the legitimate employers high and dry and working in the underground economy only.

Yes I work for a company and yes I pay my taxes. As a tradesmen I could easily work for cash but don’t.