Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2020, 01:44 PM

Default some very interesting thoughts on Canadian oil

A bit of a read, but well written and thought out. All the environmental protesters should consider many points made here.

https://www.todayville.com/open-lett...67EyFhcvVZ7msE.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:54 PM

wonderful read. I doubt the antis will even take the time to read and truly understand the facts...
Old 02-12-2020, 07:14 PM

Who is getting money from th Saudi oil we use. Kick back.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:34 AM

Default Liberal voters-must read

What is happening to the Canadian oil & gas industry is unique in the world. This can only be because of the current political environment. Trudeau's liberals have encouraged this from the start. re: (We've got to shut this down.)
If you voted liberal, this is on you. Please read the open letter. It's as common sense as anything I've read. You remember common sense, no?
Old 02-13-2020, 07:24 AM

Been in the oilsand industry for 25 years and maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed but I always wondered with all the oilsand reserves we have why the hell are we importing oil from overseas or even the US? Why are we not utilizing our oil to fill Canadas needs and then any excess we can sell off but we continue to buy. who is getting the benefit of this oil purchase?
Old 02-13-2020, 08:26 AM

Default Why

Follow the money?
Old 02-14-2020, 08:19 AM

What is so hard to understand is Eastern Canada imports Dirty foreign oil at $60/bbl when they could buy secure Western Canadian (Alberta/Sask) WCS oil at $30/bbl. Only in Canada can people be so stupid!
Old 02-14-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
What is so hard to understand is Eastern Canada imports Dirty foreign oil at $60/bbl when they could buy secure Western Canadian (Alberta/Sask) WCS oil at $30/bbl. Only in Canada can people be so stupid!
Never thought as Canada to be a "corrupt" country in the least. But with all the economic warfare being inflicted upon us, especially western Canada - the picture is painting itself.

Not sure why our own federal government would cut off the west like they've done ?? We're just fed bread crumbs, enough to keep the population from rising.

We just want to work. We've got the resources, equipment and the manpower. Why are they holding us back ?? Don't get it.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
What is happening to the Canadian oil & gas industry is unique in the world. This can only be because of the current political environment. Trudeau's liberals have encouraged this from the start. re: (We've got to shut this down.)
If you voted liberal, this is on you. Please read the open letter. It's as common sense as anything I've read. You remember common sense, no?

This has not been around in our current society for a few years now.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
We're just fed bread crumbs, enough to keep the population from rising.

That’s actually an interesting point- I was watching on the news as they described how the population was growing, how people were still moving to Alberta.

In a different segment they were reporting how there were less and less jobs here.

That made me ask, why are people still moving here? And what are they doing for a living? Is this sustainable?
Old 02-14-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Who is getting money from th Saudi oil we use. Kick back.

Can't recall what site I downloaded this chart from, so I can't guarantee it is 100% accurate, but here it is. The saddest part of the whole deal is, our buddies from the good ol U.S of A. buy oil from Alberta at a discount of about $22 U.S. per bbl and sell oil to qeeeeebec at world market prices. Now that has to be business plan from bumboobdier! (that is not a spelling mistake or typo)

It's so outrageous, it's believable in duhooooo canada!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg line_9_map.jpg (54.9 KB, 72 views)
Old 02-15-2020, 10:54 AM

Default oil

Zabbo, that is very interesting, Quebec buys our Canadian oil at inflated price from them Americans. Another interesting example, latest Trump agreement with China is to sell them $52.4 billion additional Alberta oilsands oil. ( They buy it from Alberta at $30/bbl ship it down Keystone to Houston then load on a boat at $60/bbl destined for China) Trump then boasts US now major oil exporter!
Old 02-16-2020, 09:31 AM

Trudeau is benefiting from foreign oil coming in to the St. Lawrence. He is not the only one, it is absolutely one of the most corrupt situations we face in this Country. End of story. Like many have mentioned the rest of the world wants to and is prosperous from oil and gas. We are standing still while every other Country is moving forward, so in essence we are actually going backwards in Canada. Common sense and good decisions do not get any focus but drama and protests do, why do you think soap operas and "reality TV" are so popular . Real life is boring in comparison and weak minds prove this. Dogfish
Old 02-18-2020, 01:11 PM

Trudeau's buddy has the ships that bring the Saudi oil up the St. Lawrence again follow the money
Old 02-18-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Trudeau's buddy has the ships that bring the Saudi oil up the St. Lawrence again follow the money
I don't think so....
The folks that own the ships that move oil internationally are not the types that tolerate leftist buffoons.
More interesting is the oil that goes down river from Enbridge #9 to Valero every week. (4 x 77,000 tonnes)
Primarily from the Bakken.
But it's too environmentally dangerous to build a pipeline in Quebec- so they move it by tanker, in the St Lawrence River.