Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinebeers View Post
This is another silly argument. Because you don’t like the smell people should go to jail? What about perfume or cologne? I hate those smells but I don’t let it affect my life in anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"That's my cologne - Cannabi for Men."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIfY4TYS4s
Old 02-10-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
It’s a bit ironic that you guys want to tell other people what they can do to their bodies yet I bet you all would be the first to stand up and say you can’t tell me what to do. Hypocrites. Sounds like people are complaining just to complain. There are a heck of a lot of worse things Trudeau has done
This^^^^^
WDF
Old 02-10-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
This^^^^^

WDF

Last week sitting in traffic my two nine year olds complained about the smell from a diesel truck in front of us. I told them to stop whinning. Same mentality it seems. Had I not know better I’d say the smell complaint is one a millennial would be making not a grown man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
votes

WINNER.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
WINNER.
Exactly right.

Bought a bunch more liberals.

It always amusing how the users tell me to be more tolerant but can't stand non users. I heard this same bull**** my entire life, try it come on don't be a loser. Haha the loser won't even try it.

No. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-10-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
It always amusing how the users tell me to be more tolerant but can't stand non users.
Hard to stand those who whine for no reason

Personally, don’t really care if anyone smokes weed or not. Never heard anyone who smokes complain about someone who doesn’t because of it. Heard plenty the other way around.

Furthermore, I know people who smoke or used to smoke ganja and none are interested in trying meth, heroin, etc.

For full disclosure, I used to smoke plenty a couple of decades ago. Don’t smoke anymore. Do I like the smell? Hard to say if I care that much. Would be nice if those who smoke took a 10-15 minute breather right after before hitting a restaurant or a theatre. But the same can be said about tobacco smokers.

Speaking of tobacco smokers, and myself being one of the unfortunate ones, why don’t they make that **** illegal? Makes more sense than weed.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:47 PM

I don't give a ducks arse who smokes weed...it's that d€m in ur face smell it comes with though. Great scott is the smell heavy & pungent though. 20yrs ago i lived in an apartment & that pot smell would make me nanauseous. It doesn't belong indoors to me.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Votes

Taxes
This
Old 02-11-2020, 05:13 AM

For somebody that doesn’t smoke pot you are sure paranoid about JT’s motives
Old 02-11-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I'm sure that there are a few reasons cannabis was legalized, but my personal belief is that it was mainly legalized so that Liberal insiders could make money off their investment portfolios.
Not much money to be made presently. Stocks are rock bottom. Good time to buy maybe? I see a more normal growth pattern in the future as long as your company doesn’t go under.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthru View Post
For somebody that doesn’t smoke pot you are sure paranoid about JT’s motives
LOL!!!

Please unlighten us on how wonderful JT is for our country.

You start.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-13-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Have some confidence. You are busy bragging that you leave restaurants and theatres by making a scene. Making it seem like that’s all you smell everywhere you go which isn’t true. Don’t think I seen one person on here call you a loser. Willing to bet no one on here cares if you have some weed or not. Kinda like no one care is you take an Advil or Tylenol or heart medication. It’s your body you chose. Stop judging everyone else.
I have confidence.

It's not bragging at all, it's complaining. Try to keep up.

I don't make a scene, I leave. Why are you so overdramatic?

If someone walked into a restaurant smelling of pigfeces would you sit there and soak it in? I would bet not, unless years of smoking have completely destroyed your olfactory nerves and you have no sense of smell. Actually to be honest I would sit beside someone covered in pigfeces in a restaurant or theatre because I would know they got that way honestly, by working. Not for having to be high on a dialy basis.

Did I say it is all I ever smell?

Yes it is my body my choice. Remember the old line 'the right of your fist ends where the right of my nose begins'?

I am not judging everyone else, whatever you are on is sure making you paranoid.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:16 AM

Personally I have not noticed much of a change since legalization. There has always been people who smell like weed in public. I have not noticed an increase in pot smokers or users either. Only thing I noticed is it is more openly talked about but not a big change there either

I could careless if it’s legal or not
Old 02-13-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I have confidence.

It's not bragging at all, it's complaining. Try to keep up.

I don't make a scene, I leave. Why are you so overdramatic?

If someone walked into a restaurant smelling of pigfeces would you sit there and soak it in? I would bet not, unless years of smoking have completely destroyed your olfactory nerves and you have no sense of smell. Actually to be honest I would sit beside someone covered in pigfeces in a restaurant or theatre because I would know they got that way honestly, by working. Not for having to be high on a dialy basis.

Did I say it is all I ever smell?

Yes it is my body my choice. Remember the old line 'the right of your fist ends where the right of my nose begins'?

I am not judging everyone else, whatever you are on is sure making you paranoid.
Someone is a bit sensitive as I have no paranoia at all. All you have for a comeback is to accuse me of being on something? You said you complained to the manager. Only one reason why people talk to a manager and that is to make a scene. Only one reason to mention it and that is to brag. You have chased down vehicles speeding. Chased down vehicles who gave you a rock. Knew people beat up over kijiji deal. Knew people in a hit and run. Sure appears that you have really bad luck or you just like drama. Maybe its just me being paranoid but maybe not...
Old 02-13-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
LOL!!!

Please unlighten us on how wonderful JT is for our country.

You start.
My point was that its irrelevant what his motives are. Less people are getting charged for something that is hurting nobody and it is regulated for mold or other nasties that can harm people. It’s still a good thing in my eyes
Old 02-13-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Someone is a bit sensitive as I have no paranoia at all. All you have for a comeback is to accuse me of being on something? You said you complained to the manager. Only one reason why people talk to a manager and that is to make a scene. Only one reason to mention it and that is to brag. You have chased down vehicles speeding. Chased down vehicles who gave you a rock. Knew people beat up over kijiji deal. Knew people in a hit and run. Sure appears that you have really bad luck or you just like drama. Maybe its just me being paranoid but maybe not...
Disagree. You posts show the opposite.
Your rambling suggests some sort of impairment, hence the 'on something ' but I could be mistaken.
I said I asked for my money back, who do you go to, the janitor?
You are confusing bragging with discussing. See my 2nd point.
Why are you bringing old irrelevant posts into this thread?
You sure come off like a few banned members, what was your last name? You sure want to fight over things for whatever reason I do not understand but you sure take them personally.

If you want nothing more than to fight, insert your thumb in your rectum and see if you can hit your brain. Fight for all you are worth.

If you dont like my threads, the ignore button will serve you well.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Disagree. You posts show the opposite.
Your rambling suggests some sort of impairment, hence the 'on something ' but I could be mistaken.
I said I asked for my money back, who do you go to, the janitor?
You are confusing bragging with discussing. See my 2nd point.
Why are you bringing old irrelevant posts into this thread?
You sure come off like a few banned members, what was your last name? You sure want to fight over things for whatever reason I do not understand but you sure take them personally.

If you want nothing more than to fight, insert your thumb in your rectum and see if you can hit your brain. Fight for all you are worth.

If you dont like my threads, the ignore button will serve you well.
I don't have time to post and repost, post new thread and delete them and read and reread my comments so sorry if I ramble. My last name starts with an M if you can't figure that out. I have been a member since 2008 and don't think I am a time traveler or I would have won the lottery by now. Just calling a spade a spade and pointing out some hypocrisy. If you don't like it then you are more than welcome to ignore me.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I don't have time to post and repost, post new thread and delete them and read and reread my comments so sorry if I ramble. My last name starts with an M if you can't figure that out. I have been a member since 2008 and don't think I am a time traveler or I would have won the lottery by now. Just calling a spade a spade and pointing out some hypocrisy. If you don't like it then you are more than welcome to ignore me.
either add something to the threads or ignore, I don't care but you have more than ample time to get in little ignorant shots, so why not use your precious time more constructively?

Or like I said, ignore me and move on.

Old 02-13-2020, 06:58 PM

Wasting resources on cannabis is ridiculous. Starting to think wasting resources on any drug is useless unless we actually get serious on crime. We are already providing needles in jail. May as well give them the needles on the street and eliminate some capacity in the jails and save taxpayer money. Jail doesn’t seem like it is changing anything. Somehow they can’t stop the drugs from getting in. Maybe we need some hard labour in the prisons or harsher penalties for theft. Providing them a bed and drugs seems counter intuitive to me.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Wasting resources on cannabis is ridiculous. Starting to think wasting resources on any drug is useless unless we actually get serious on crime. We are already providing needles in jail. May as well give them the needles on the street and eliminate some capacity in the jails and save taxpayer money. Jail doesn’t seem like it is changing anything. Somehow they can’t stop the drugs from getting in. Maybe we need some hard labour in the prisons or harsher penalties for theft. Providing them a bed and drugs seems counter intuitive to me.
I would legalize all drugs. Serious.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I would legalize all drugs. Serious.
I am trying to think of the downside and can’t really come up with one. Push harsher penalties for theft and for the guys buying the stolen items.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:19 AM

It doesnt bother me that people use marijuana but "they" call it dope for a reason. Just my 2 cents.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:09 AM
Banned

The terrible part of being a policeman is that they are unable to turn it off at quitting time. 24/7 for the rest of their lives. Everyone is a "perp" or an "un-sub" except for the thin blue line. My wife's cousin is a retired federal cop who is so tightly wound that even after a decade of casual living still takes notes at a family reunion.

I'm guessing it is the same for those guys who want to be cops but for some reason didn't make the cut.

I knew a guy who tried for the RCMP right out of high school. Nice guy but he was not ready psychologically to be issued a side arm. He probably wanted to shoot a bunch of dope smoking hippies and that would be wrong.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I'm sure that there are a few reasons cannabis was legalized, but my personal belief is that it was mainly legalized so that Liberal insiders could make money off their investment portfolios.
Main reason is you can destroy the country while a portion of the country chills, and doesn’t care cause weed is legal.

Trudeau said explicitly that he made it legal to keep pot out of the hands of minors.

Stupid concept since minors all see it’s legal so has to be good and certain 18 year olds in high school were quick to stock up and try to sell to minors at the schools.

Ask any kid and pot is way easier to get without knowing the unsavoury crowd and the sales line now is its legal like alcohol so give it a try.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-15-2020, 08:41 AM

Went to the movies last night with the Family and made the mistake of seeing the new Marvel movie "Birds of Prey".... Suicide Squad spin off. Anyways just before the movie starts a young couple sits infront of us and they must have just had smoked up in phone booth. The stink was fairly thick for about 15 to 20 minutes before I didn't notice it anymore. The after smell of cigarette smoke actually smoke actually bothers me more. It was funny when Brendan asked my wife if she farted in relation to the smell.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Lice View Post

It was legalized to get the young dumb-ass vote . . . first time voters who were enamoured with JT's youthful stupidity . . .
This
Old 02-15-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Personally I have not noticed much of a change since legalization. There has always been people who smell like weed in public. I have not noticed an increase in pot smokers or users either. Only thing I noticed is it is more openly talked about but not a big change there either

I could careless if it’s legal or not
^^^ This is my experience as well.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:46 AM

Enforcing laws against weed was never effective, very costly, and dragged weed users closer to the same people selling fentanyl, meth, bath salts (whatever the heck that is).

Let's consider two cases in the news. A young man was given a light sentence for killing his mom in a marijauana induced psychosis.

See? We should have kept it banned! See?

Just a short time prior to that a middle aged lawyer was convicted for killing her fiancée in an alcohol induced psychosis.

See? We should ban alcohol! See?

Ooh wait. Who here wants prohibition?

I challenge anybody to come up with a single reason for weed to be illegal and alcohol to be legal. Alcohol is just as addictive, damages your health more, kills more, impairs your ability to drive more, can lead to other even worse addictions, etc etc etc. From any angle, alcohol is the same or worse than weed.

Think of the man power and money to enforce prohibition again, how futile it would be.

Frankly I don't care why Trudeau legalized it, it was the right thing to do.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
Enforcing laws against weed was never effective, very costly, and dragged weed users closer to the same people selling fentanyl, meth, bath salts (whatever the heck that is).

Let's consider two cases in the news. A young man was given a light sentence for killing his mom in a marijauana induced psychosis.

Just a short time prior to that a middle aged lawyer was convicted for killing her fiancée in an alcohol induced psychosis.

I challenge anybody to come up with a single reason for weed to be illegal and alcohol to be legal. Alcohol is just as addictive, damages your health more, kills more, impairs your ability to drive more, can lead to other even worse addictions, etc etc etc. From any angle, alcohol is the same or worse than weed.

Think of the man power and money to enforce prohibition again, how futile it would be.

The only thing I am on right now is coffee, but you nailed it.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post

Exactly. Our society is weird and funny at times. We allow people to over eat and become obese to the point that they can’t walk and need to get around on electric motorized scooters and then we reward them with a handicap sticker or card in their windshield to give them the best parking stall in parking lots. How stellar. But then there are still people that think this plant should be illegal. I don’t get it. But I guess it all boils down to personal opinion and what someone seems right or wrong. I’d be all for alcohol being illegal or limited in someway.
I can back up to a liquor store and buy enough alcohol to kill myself but nobody has ever overdosed on weed. Funny world...