Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2020, 02:37 PM

Default Why legal pot was actually pushed through

Years ago Jt's brother caused a motor vehicle accident. He was found to either be DWI and have weed on him, or just had weed on him. PET openly admitted nothing came of it because he had it hidden.
Jt 'allegedly' made good on his step-dads promise to make weed legal so non rich people could get off on similar charges including possession.
You want to throw up too?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-10-2020, 02:56 PM

I'm not to sure I understand what your saying here? I'm no JT or MJ fan but this seems silly. Honestly i'm happy its legal, saves our tax dollars from prosecuting some dummy who just wants to walk to 7-11 for a snickers.

DWI that's a different story but it doesn't seem like your sure on the details there.

Is this just hearsay?
Old 02-10-2020, 02:57 PM

The arrogance of the Trudeau family is blatant

Six months before Michel’s death, he was charged with possession of marijuana after he was involved in a collision on the highway while he was driving home to Montreal from the West Coast. Police had found a Sucrets box with a couple of joints inside when they were helping him collect his belongings that were scattered across the highway.

Trudeau said his father contacted his friends in the legal community to get Michel a good lawyer.

“He was very confident that we were able to make those charges go away,” Trudeau said of his father, former prime minister Pierre Trudeau. “We were able to do that because we had resources, my dad had a couple connections and we were confident that my little brother wasn’t going to be saddled with a criminal record for life.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ot-charge.html
Old 02-10-2020, 02:57 PM

IMO Alcohol is a much much worse drug than weed ever will be. Coming from a person who was amendment against it. Waste of police resources.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
IMO Alcohol is a much much worse drug than weed ever will be. Coming from a person who was amendment against it. Waste of police resources.
No, kidding alcohol Was and will be a bigger problem than marijuana ever was.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2020, 03:16 PM

I'm sure that there are a few reasons cannabis was legalized, but my personal belief is that it was mainly legalized so that Liberal insiders could make money off their investment portfolios.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:47 PM

It was legalized because like it or not a lot of people enjoy partaking and there is scant evidence of any major drawbacks that aren't controllable with reasonable rules and consumption habits same as with alcohol or prescription drugs. Throwing people in jail and making criminals over a minor substance is stupid and non-constructive and this was a step forward. And after over a year on from legalization the sky hasn't fallen. Go figure.

If we are looking at negative impacts of a given activity I dare say we could easily come up with better factual arguments for banning religion and religious idealism.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I don't think the OP opened this thread to start a debate over weed vs. alcohol. Pretty sure the intent was to start a discussion around the farce of a PM we unfortunately have. We can never have too many of those discussions.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:01 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Well because it was used all over in the open and it is not a bad as booze so guberment says we get a piece of this pie too....legalize it....tax it...give the money to Africa....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-10-2020, 04:39 PM

I know JT is not the most popular person around these parts but lately it’s getting overblown a bit. At work if anything goes wrong I loudly proclaim “it’s JT’s fault” with a smirk and all my triggered co-workers even crack a smile.

I haven’t met a career pot criminal yet and all the pot smokers I work with are all much nicer to be around than the alcoholics. Not even mentioning the fact that our law officers and justice system can do without wasting resources on a non problem.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. No it's not.

It is a waste of resources if you are a drug user.

Non users are just fine with a huge budget going towards policing it.

If there were no meth heads and tweakers there would be FAR LESS CRIME.

Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

Saying something isn't as bad as something else is a weak justification that people use because they want it.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-10-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
I don't think the OP opened this thread to start a debate over weed vs. alcohol. Pretty sure the intent was to start a discussion around the farce of a PM we unfortunately have. We can never have too many of those discussions.
And yes, you are correct. I did puke a little when I heard what PET was bragging about.

If we do not use our newfound ability to have political discussions we may lose it.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Yes it is. No it's not.

Saying something isn't as bad as something else is a weak justification that people use because they want it.
Has legalizing it affected you in a negative way, in any way for that matter? Other than you don't approve of what others do.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-10-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. No it's not.

Comparing meth to weed? Come on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2020, 05:24 PM

About the only thing that governing body has done right. They did it because it plain and simple makes sense. Which makes no sense considering the source! If that makes sense. Lol
Old 02-10-2020, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
I know JT is not the most popular person around these parts but lately it’s getting overblown a bit.
Overblown a bit? You have got to be kidding...
Old 02-10-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Has legalizing it affected you in a negative way, in any way for that matter? Other than you don't approve of what others do.
Yes.
I have to sit in restaurants and theatres with people that smell like they showered in skunk ****. Negative. We have gotten up and walked out of the theater, got our money back. The manager was awesome but mad at them for their odor, but because its legal could do nothing. Same with restaurants, who wants to smell that and try to eat? Pot smokers. They can have the restaurants too

Therefore we spend less at movies and restaurants. Negative for the economy.

I could not give a damn what people do to themselves anymore, they wont listen anyway lol.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinebeers View Post
Comparing meth to weed? Come on

Not understanding the correlation? Come on

Old 02-10-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Yes.
I have to sit in restaurants and theatres with people that smell like they showered in skunk ****. Negative. We have gotten up and walked out of the theater, got our money back. The manager was awesome but mad at them for their odor, but because its legal could do nothing. Same with restaurants, who wants to smell that and try to eat? Pot smokers. They can have the restaurants too

I could not give a damn what people do to themselves anymore, they wont listen anyway lol.
I'd rather sit next to some dudes who do the hoots than someone who has BO any day of the week.

Some of them critters I teach will make your eyes water and your guts churn.

Ken my man, you ought to pop in the store and get one of them maree-J-wana chocolate bars they sell now and kick your feet up and give er a whirl. LOL
Old 02-10-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I'm sure that there are a few reasons cannabis was legalized, but my personal belief is that it was mainly legalized so that Liberal insiders could make money off their investment portfolios.
It was legalized to get the young dumb-ass vote . . . first time voters who were enamoured with JT's youthful stupidity . . .
Old 02-10-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yes.

Beats sitting anywhere next to idiots full of loudmouth soup.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
That right there is genius, likely the majority of the reasoning behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I'd rather sit next to some dudes who do the hoots than someone who has BO any day of the week.

Some of them critters I teach will make your eyes water and your guts churn.

Ken my man, you ought to pop in the store and get one of them maree-J-wana chocolate bars they sell now and kick your feet up and give er a whirl. LOL
True story about the BO lol.
Honestly I have absolutely 0 intention of ever trying any of that stuff.

It's funny, you know I have friends in the local church that have never even had a single drop of alcohol. Not 1. If they ever joined here and said something like that they would likely be hung by their toenails and burnt for being a witch.

Like I have said before prior freaking awful experiences have jaded me of drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Beats sitting anywhere next to idiots full of loudmouth soup.
I tend to avoid those places too, last time I went to a bar was likely in the 90's. The only reason I went to bars was to work or find women anyway. I admit it is fun watching drunken idiots being drunken idiots lol.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
And yes, you are correct. I did puke a little when I heard what PET was bragging about.

If we do not use our newfound ability to have political discussions we may lose it.
I wonder how many other politicians kids from the ‘60’s ‘70’s ‘80’s ‘90’s got their possession charges buried because there parent had a direct line to the justice minister. While other kids from the same eras are carrying a criminal record around.
In the interview I saw where sparkle socks was telling his tale he was proud that his dad could do this for poor Michi!
He definitely comes from a world of silver plated spoons and cashmere ass wipe!

BW
Old 02-10-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
You live a sheltered life,you’ve made up your mind on MJ from what your peers told you and what the government has advertised. You need to visit the real world.
That’s what to me any way Is what COME ON means.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:04 PM

votes
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:12 PM

There is one thing certain about drugs. Those using them will always defend their actions and two wrongs don't make a right comparing it to alcohol. The second thing is that there is little use trying to change the minds of those who despise drugs of any kind. Doesn't much matter Trudeau's reasoning to me. He is most despised by many for many reasons. Beat on me all you want. I will never support the use of drugs nor the over use of alcohol but I realize I won't change the way other's think.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
votes
Votes

Taxes
Old 02-10-2020, 08:21 PM

It’s a bit ironic that you guys want to tell other people what they can do to their bodies yet I bet you all would be the first to stand up and say you can’t tell me what to do. Hypocrites. Sounds like people are complaining just to complain. There are a heck of a lot of worse things Trudeau has done than legalize pot. Try some. Maybe you will realize there are worse things in life than skunk smell. You may even realize that most people that use it don’t even smoke it.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Please enlighten us the correlation between weed and meth! While you are there researching, you may learn a thing or two.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Yes.

This is another silly argument. Because you don’t like the smell people should go to jail? What about perfume or cologne? I hate those smells but I don’t let it affect my life in anyway