Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
A medical marijuana certificate and a firearms licens is no more an issue than s medical marijuana certificate and a drivers License .
I have several friends who have owns both for some time now ,
Cat
It might be ok for now to have both licenses but in time I think Canada could do what Hawaii is doing.

An excerpt from this article. Sent to Hawaii residents with med marijuana by Hawaii police.

“This letter is to inform you that under the provisions of the Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS), Section 134-7(a) you are disqualified from firearms ownership, possession, or controlling firearms. Your medical marijuana use disqualifies you from ownership of firearms and ammunition,” the letter reads. It goes on to say that residents who use medical marijuana “have 30 days upon receipt of this letter to voluntarily surrender your firearms, permit and ammunition to the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) or otherwise transfer ownership.”

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-...fiscation.html
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-04-2018, 06:34 PM

Looks like it isn't happening in Hawaii, let alone in Canada. https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/...nabis-gun.html
Old 06-04-2018, 08:59 PM

Default Degenerative disc disease

I had the same problem as you. Did you have a MRI? Mine was c7 and c8. I tried all traditional treatments to no avail. My doctor referred me for a nerve block. It took 10 days but I am much better now and am tapering my nerve blocker. Ask you doctor to refer you to a radiologist who specializes in this procedure. Safe and nothing to loose. Send me a pm if you wish. Neurotic pain is wicked!
Old 06-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Well, I am coming up on three weeks now of battling mind numbing pain from a pinched nerve caused by degenerative disc disease in my C4, C5, and C6.
ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT LYRICA.

I had a great experience with this stuff. A colleague scored me some when I pinched a nerve in my neck, and it made life good.

I had to shop a few doctors who would give it to me - Not because it was restricted in any way, but oddly, they didn't think it would work. I was prescribed TRAMADOL and an antispasmodic first. They did not work.

Thank god for a fibromyalgic colleague who is a walking pharmacy.

But Lyrica was the winner, and I had no issues stopping it either.

Caveat: It makes you feel slightly euphoric/drunk the first 2 days in, but it passes. Don't operate any heavy machinery, or get in big discussions with your wife.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:03 AM
Banned

I have been using CBD oil for my back pain management (more here). And I can undoubtedly recommend it as an effective pain killer. I have noticed the positive effect after the first week of taking it. Btw, i have no mood swings anymore, i guess that‘s a pleasant bonus
Old 02-16-2020, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliverr View Post
Does it really work for pain management?
I've always been skeptical of the whole "medical marijuana" thing, figuring that it was just an excuse for people to get high. I still think a lot of the claims it can cure any ailment are grandstanding by advocates. However, I have read from many reputable resources (Royal CBD: the best CBD oil that it helps with pain.
CBD does NOT give you a "high" CBD works as a good pain management BUT not immediately, it takes time for it to do it's job.. no magic pill It really is BEST to go to a Cannabis Clinic and have a REAL doctor prescribe what you need
Old 05-14-2021, 07:20 AM

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the topic. I originally smoked some pot due to spine pain I experienced after tough work for over a year. As a result, I noticed that it also fixed my panic attacks issue. Not being an expert, but I see profit for myself in recreational weed use
Old 05-14-2021, 07:54 AM

I decided to stop into a shop in Drayton. From my experience growing up on the mean streets of Oak Bay, a dime bag on a Friday was good for the weekend. They have some weed for ten bucks in there already rolled up for your convenience, plus candy, hash and some other kinds of things I didn't even know existed.

If the stuff didn't stink so bad, I think it would be a much cheaper alternative to drinking. The young lady behind the counter told me that they make vape machines for dry herb that doesn't stink up the place if you don't trust the ones that run on 'juice'. I will investigate this further as that smell is the thing I don't like.

For pain management, I think I'll buy one of the roll jobs that has high CBD for May 24. That's the weekend I do my first paddle across the Wab and back. The next day my shoulders are always wasted so I crunch down a bunch of Airborne candy which I'm sure isn't great for the liver. I shall give my liver a reprieve and take the lung hit instead for a trial run. Is it bad etiquette to smoke only some of a joint at a time? That's an awful lot of weed for one guy to smoke. Before the rona, I was always good for a pass, maybe two but considering the times, I won't be doing any passing.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:41 AM

Check out herbalaire vaporizers made in Bragg creek they are the best around. And no bad smell.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opto55 View Post
I had the same problem as you. Did you have a MRI? Mine was c7 and c8. I tried all traditional treatments to no avail. My doctor referred me for a nerve block. It took 10 days but I am much better now and am tapering my nerve blocker. Ask you doctor to refer you to a radiologist who specializes in this procedure. Safe and nothing to loose. Send me a pm if you wish. Neurotic pain is wicked!

C-8 ?
Old 05-14-2021, 11:15 AM

I also have degenerative disk disease and scoliosis. I may have to try this. Tried CBD but didn’t help
Old 05-14-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I don't know if there is anyone in the Edmonton area that would be willing to allow me to try a few drops of the CBD oil. If there are, shoot me a pm.

I just want to thank everyone who has posted. Rarely does any thread on the General Discussion Forum, that is on a controversial topic, have such civil interaction. I appreciate you guys keeping it on track, as obviously I am not the only person who may be in this situation. Please keep the discussion going, as we are learning a fair bit.
sns i dont have any cbd oil at the moment. however cbd oil isn't outrageously priced. the local store has some and its right around that $15.00 - $20.00 price point.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engels View Post
sns i dont have any cbd oil at the moment. however cbd oil isn't outrageously priced. the local store has some and its right around that $15.00 - $20.00 price point.
Hey there. My question was from 2017. LOL
Old 05-14-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Did you try the CBD oil and did it help? I have had bad sciatica since end of Nov. Wake up in bad pain every morning and my hips are all twisted (lateral pelvic tilt) Tried chiropractor, stretches, Robax-platinum (seems to take the edge off for an hour or 2), Walking (this is the most helpful), bought a sit stand desk for at work (helps not sitting all day). I ordered a tens machine just to see if it helps. Been reading about the CBD oil and think it might be my next try.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBTUFF View Post
Did you try the CBD oil and did it help? I have had bad sciatica since end of Nov. Wake up in bad pain every morning and my hips are all twisted (lateral pelvic tilt) Tried chiropractor, stretches, Robax-platinum (seems to take the edge off for an hour or 2), Walking (this is the most helpful), bought a sit stand desk for at work (helps not sitting all day). I ordered a tens machine just to see if it helps. Been reading about the CBD oil and think it might be my next try.
Bud, my pinched nerve improved as a result of a skilled physiotherapist who used traction, ultrasound, and intramuscular dry needling (hitting the nerves that are referring pain which hurt like a damn). In 6 weeks, I was back at work with no pain, but some permanent loss of feeling in my left hand. Because of this, the benefit of weed for me was in how it could knock me out so I could get enough sleep that my body could start to recover. It was the THC that was so helpful. I should also add that I have met so many people who have received tremendous relief from pain through the regular use of CBD.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Bud, my pinched nerve improved as a result of a skilled physiotherapist who used traction, ultrasound, and intramuscular dry needling (hitting the nerves that are referring pain which hurt like a damn). In 6 weeks, I was back at work with no pain, but some permanent loss of feeling in my left hand. Because of this, the benefit of weed for me was in how it could knock me out so I could get enough sleep that my body could start to recover. It was the THC that was so helpful. I should also add that I have met so many people who have received tremendous relief from pain through the regular use of CBD.
Thanks for the reply. My boss actually told me about a really good PT today. I am going to give him a try as nothing seems to be working.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:25 AM

Have you tried the small Dr. Hoh/Tens machines. Runs off a 9 volt battery and you position electrodes over the pain site. Electricity is sent through the pain site at selected pulses and there are adjustment controls for the strength of pulse. Have a Tens 2500 and find it helpful for breaking down the lactic acid build up of cramps and the Uric acid build up of gout. A little pricey but pain is debilitating. Hope you find some relief.

Last edited by pdog15; 05-15-2021 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:02 PM

I haven’t specifically tried cbd, but thc does help me forget my hip pain. Doesn’t affect my back pain at all. Really helps when the wife stresses me out.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:27 PM

I will say that if you can find it . Organic full spectrum Cbd/thc is superior in taste , smoothness and results , just not as harsh as the regular stuff . I know of a good source in Calgary . its About $ 85 a small bottle ,
CBD oil is also amazing at easing heartburn and indigestion.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:42 PM

*edit...
Old 05-17-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog15 View Post
Have you tried the small Dr. Hoh/Tens machines. Runs off a 9 volt battery and you position electrodes over the pain site. Electricity is sent through the pain site at selected pulses and there are adjustment controls for the strength of pulse. Have a Tens 2500 and find it helpful for breaking down the lactic acid build up of cramps and the Uric acid build up of gout. A little pricey but pain is debilitating. Hope you find some relief.

I have those, works well in conjunction with Qigong. I just have to come to terms with the aging body syndrome. I am no longer the rubber man of my youth. Chomping down a bag of cheetos after a paddle might not be so bad.

Last edited by HalfBreed; 05-17-2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: actually prefer Hawkins
Old 05-17-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
ROFLMAO - that explains one thing to me. I couldn't figure out why so many respnoders were banned.

Ignore my PM...............my mistake, I didn't notice the date stamp on the original post.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 03-08-2022, 12:00 PM

Hi Guys,

Can you recommend a Doctor or Marijuana clinic near St.Albert or Edmonton? My wife has bad hip and knee pain. We would like to get educated and get recommendations from a clinic before we start dabbling in CBD for pain management.

We stopped in at Plantlife Cannabis this weekend to look at CBD oils. The choice of two different oils. We don't want to just throw money at something not suitable for her conditions.

1. THC 2mg/g & CBD 50mg/g by MediPharm Labs
2. THC 1mg/g & CBD 75 mg/g by Peace Naturals

Any suggestions of a place to sit down and get advice would be greatly appreciated? Thank you
Old 03-08-2022, 12:07 PM

I’m just gunna go straight to surgery I’m done with all the drugs, all they do is mask the pain, the problem still exists, same goes for marijuana
Old 03-08-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims83cj5 View Post
I’m just gunna go straight to surgery I’m done with all the drugs, all they do is mask the pain, the problem still exists, same goes for marijuana
There is undoubtedly anti-inflammatory effects from CBD. THC puts you to sleep which the body needs to recover. Those are important things. It's not for everyone, but it is far better for you than long term NSAID use and Opioids.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:35 PM

I am alive right now because I decided to smoke a joint.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:54 AM

Wife has used thc for pain for a few years now, mainly so she can sleep undisturbed. About a year ago I tried it for sleep due to shift work/ptsd and wow. I havent slept like that in years even with sleeping pills which are gone now