Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2017, 06:26 AM

I am blown away by the testimonials of success stories of people using Marijuana. It is awesome to hear of people getting off of opioids through it's use. I wonder if it was a developed drug, if words like miracle drug would be tossed around.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-10-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I don't know if there is anyone in the Edmonton area that would be willing to allow me to try a few drops of the CBD oil. If there are, shoot me a pm.

I just want to thank everyone who has posted. Rarely does any thread on the General Discussion Forum, that is on a controversial topic, have such civil interaction. I appreciate you guys keeping it on track, as obviously I am not the only person who may be in this situation. Please keep the discussion going, as we are learning a fair bit.
A few drops of CBD isn't going to do anything for you, you'd have to take it regularly over a period of time to start feeling any effects or benefits from it for pain management. Some people do feel effects immediately, tiredness, etc but it isn't an instant pain killer.

You can pick some up at a dispensary to try out, CBD in itself isn't illegal, it's the THC that is. Some people even order CBD online.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317221.php

https://elixinolcbd.com/blogs/buyers...-these-3-traps

Last edited by Sporty; 06-10-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:52 AM

You can get cbd or thc in sunflower oil capsules as well. Like your vitamins. Have not tried it yet though as I am leery about edibles
Old 06-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Banned

During my rehab, and even now, I have found out that a LOT of people suffer from back pain or sciatica of some sort. There are a lot of people walking around with that certain walk that say's they are suffering back pain.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Banned

I'm curious what the CFO thinks about owning restricted firearms wile in possession of a medical cannabis card? It's the only reason that has stopped me from getting my medical card. Maybe I'm just paranoid
Old 06-10-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I am blown away by the testimonials of success stories of people using Marijuana. It is awesome to hear of people getting off of opioids through it's use. I wonder if it was a developed drug, if words like miracle drug would be tossed around.
I recently attended a very interesting presentation on medical marijuana. I left having more questions than answers, but on the whole it is clear that cannabis is a very misunderstood drug. Now that society seems to be turning the corner on the stigma associated with it, hopefully medical research can start to play catch up.

Piker, your read on it being seen as a "Miracle Drug" isn't far off. Here's one graphic of all of the "indications" that cannabis is shown to potentially treat. Maybe they should turn it into some sort of multivitamin

Old 06-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Suspended User

Default Pain sucks

I have been dealing with arthritis in the knee for a few years now. Prior surgery made my knee usable after a work injury. But had to deal with the pain. I was put on Ralivia (Tramadol). Almost killed me.
Next comes Percocet. Thousands later, I'm now fighting a torn shoulder after an antique wardrobe tipped over on me. Surgery in February, then physiotherapy. Pushy bugger tore my sutures and then the repair.
So next week I find out when I get the second surgery.

The only way I'm surviving this, is the pot. Cutting back on the percs by smoking high test. The unfortunate part is the cost. Comes out of my pocket, not WCB's.
Far less health concerns with the pot than the pharmaceutical. Unfortunately, I still am addicted to the narcotics.
My opinion, get on the natural stuff before big business kills you with the nasty stuff.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
I have been dealing with arthritis in the knee for a few years now. Prior surgery made my knee usable after a work injury. But had to deal with the pain. I was put on Ralivia (Tramadol). Almost killed me.
Next comes Percocet. Thousands later, I'm now fighting a torn shoulder after an antique wardrobe tipped over on me. Surgery in February, then physiotherapy. Pushy bugger tore my sutures and then the repair.

The only way I'm surviving this, is the pot. Cutting back on the percs by smoking high test. The unfortunate part is the cost. Comes out of my pocket, not WCB's.
Far less health concerns with the pot than the pharmaceutical. Unfortunately, I still am addicted to the narcotics.
My opinion, get on the natural stuff before big business kills you with the nasty stuff.

Do you have any side effect from mixing cannabis with percocet?
Old 06-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
So, for the crowd, which particular strains or names work best for you? And do you feel it just in the head or is it throughout the body?

Just curious about the different types of pain. I've got lower back pain due to fracture.
I have mid back muscle pain due to a chronic rib dislocation that is exacerbated by the casting motion...so really self imposed lol. I rarely use it before work, if I do I use just CBD.

Aurora has their own strain names, they will be bracketed. This is all dried cannabis, not oils. I've used oils but they make me just want to sleep... although they do eliminate pain well.

I typically go for the highest THC strains I can get as I find I need to consume far less. So these strains are 20%+

CBD: Cannatonic (TOWER)

To me Indicas are intoxicating, I can't do math or operate equipment effectively but that intoxicating effect eliminates pain for me. Don't get me wrong I'm not comatose, I can fish, hike, do virtually anything.
Indica:
LA Confidential (SNOW DOME)
Querkle (STOKES)

Typically I'm not a fan of Sativas but I have found both of these two to be amazing for giving me a body high which whips out any pain they don't last long for me. That said I'm totally functional on sativas.
Saliva:
Ghost Train Haze (THOR)
Blue Dream (Ambition)
Old 06-10-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
I'm curious what the CFO thinks about owning restricted firearms wile in possession of a medical cannabis card? It's the only reason that has stopped me from getting my medical card. Maybe I'm just paranoid
Should be more concerned if you were on SSRIs
Old 06-10-2017, 07:15 PM

I would advise you getting booked for an operation right now. You'll need it and it will take over a year to get in I bet.
Also, try hanging upside down it will relieve the pain somewhat.
I would take the CBD oil also
Old 06-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I have mid back muscle pain due to a chronic rib dislocation that is exacerbated by the casting motion...so really self imposed lol. I rarely use it before work, if I do I use just CBD.

Aurora has their own strain names, they will be bracketed. This is all dried cannabis, not oils. I've used oils but they make me just want to sleep... although they do eliminate pain well.

I typically go for the highest THC strains I can get as I find I need to consume far less. So these strains are 20%+

CBD: Cannatonic (TOWER)

To me Indicas are intoxicating, I can't do math or operate equipment effectively but that intoxicating effect eliminates pain for me. Don't get me wrong I'm not comatose, I can fish, hike, do virtually anything.
Indica:
LA Confidential (SNOW DOME)
Querkle (STOKES)

Typically I'm not a fan of Sativas but I have found both of these two to be amazing for giving me a body high which whips out any pain they don't last long for me. That said I'm totally functional on sativas.
Saliva:
Ghost Train Haze (THOR)
Blue Dream (Ambition)
Excellent. It's just nice to give people a starting point of what may work for them and why.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:19 PM

This is the company I have being getting my med weed from.
https://www.tilray.ca/

With hip / back problems all my life this the only product that helps.
It may take some trial and error as to what combination of THC and CBD work. But it will work
sns2 I went through your original post. I as well have addiction issues with booze, so this wasnt a light choice. Shoot a pm if you would like to chat further, maybe we can help each other

Last edited by rottie; 06-10-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:36 PM

Man I loving the open mindedness of this thread!
Old 06-10-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the derail but how did Tramadol almost kill you? I take it twice daily and now you got me worried.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:04 AM
Banned

I often worry about any of these prescription meds and how much damage is being done to ones liver. I think there is some merit to the medical benefits of marijauna. Seems like it helps a lot of people with different ailments and you don't hear many that say it doesn't work. Myself personally don't like the smell of it when smoked but as edibles it is a different story. Tastes not bad. Haha
Old 06-11-2017, 02:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Man I loving the open mindedness of this thread!
yup !!!
Old 06-11-2017, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Hale View Post
My brother and a close friend both suffer from a neurological diseases that affects their legs and feet. Both of them swear by the CBD stuff, it comes in an oil form to be taken orally. I watched my brother suffer for years and it was steadily getting worse. With the cannabis oil ( no THC, just CBD) he says its a whole new world.
I know someone that, has / had , cancer and uses this stuff. Works for them.

Trying to get my wife to ask her doctor for a prescription for it but she is afraid to try it. She has Crohn's disease as well as a bad back because of a bone disease.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Suspended User

A couple of answers requested.

I experience the withdrawal from the percs, a couple of hours after I should have scheduled one. Sick to the stomach and the head gets gross. No real issues mixing the 2, just the addiction problem.

The Tramadol is a Seratonin generator. I was mistaking the symptoms of the meds for symptoms of the injury. Muscles spasms that attacked in my sleep. I would wake up with my legs spasmed solid. Night sweats and tremors. I had 4 of the major symptoms.
The scary part was the doctors wanted to increase the dose again. If it wouldn't have been for a new Pharmacist, I would have been in the ground.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:30 AM

What surprises me is how many of us are living in pain and getting little or no help from our Doctors. I asked my Doctor about marijuana last time I was in and she told me she does not believe in it but would give me the synthetic stuff?
Old 06-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachman View Post
What surprises me is how many of us are living in pain and getting little or no help from our Doctors. I asked my Doctor about marijuana last time I was in and she told me she does not believe in it but would give me the synthetic stuff?
Yeah, don't get into that... It's called spice or K2.

I had a long talk with a doctor 6 years ago, both he and his wife were MD's for over 20 years - and they both quit to set up a spa and natural health center.

When I asked him why, he told me they were both tired of making people sick and keeping them sick. Told me if you want to stay healthy, eat well, get sleep - and stay away from doctors whenever possible.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Mine said pretty much the same thing. She said that they weren't trained in the benefits of marijauna at school. Unfortunately the drs get paid by how many people they see in a day and not how many they save or make better.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
People living in chronic pain are in trouble. Big insurance companies are tired of paying for the prescriptions, esp. opiates. Our federal govt. has adopted same stance. Doctors are afraid to prescribe the proper dose's needed by some patients for fear of being investigated, or even losing their licence to practise medicine. Sad situation. Another reason to legalize MJ.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
25mg. seems too work for a good sleep. What is unpleasant about taking too much ? Stomach buzz ? Functionality, or head buzz ? Just curious, i haven't hit that overboard spot yet.
I've been travelling a bunch lately so that's given me a chance to try a bunch of different edible products in Washington and Colorado. I've tried to hit that 25mg - 30mg target with some really variable results. it could be the product, the strain used or interaction with other things I ate that day... idk. Could be booze maybe.

I had 30mg worth of Chocolate Bob-bombs from a Seattle area shop one night and I was totally blasted. Like lay in the corner and hold onto the walls wasted. A equivalent dose of cookies the night before and I was just fine.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:

My wife is a CPA, save your receipts you can claim it on your taxes as a medical expense.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:43 AM

Just came back from doctor, I asked about the medical benefits of marijuana for my pinched nerve the doctors reply was that he has not seen enough evidence to prescribe it at this time. I was given Tramadol for pain and Bacofen for a muscle relaxant they seem to be working its much better than the screaming pain I've had for the last 7 days.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Banned

I`m like the OP, wrecked my neck, C5,6 7 and had to sleep sitting up for weeks. Spent 8 weeks in physio re-hab in Kelowna. I wanted to cut my left arm off too. Traction was about all that helped but only until it was released and then back to hell again. Started smoking a bit of the weed when I found opiods made me real sick. Much better! I don`t hardly smoke it at all anymore, but now and then a puff in the evening sure helps. I NEVER smoke it when I have to work or drive. About all I can do stoned is fish and play guitar.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Banned

Default Cbd oil

I am able to get the bottles of cbd oil in Edmonton. Pm me.
Im in fort mcmurray but my gf and her dad take it everyday. Ive taken it before when im sore. Phoenix tears work very well however its got thc in it. Alot of cancer patients use it. Im in fort mcmurray but pm me ill get my gf to help. This is strictly for people with pain.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:41 AM

I, as well, am struggling with chronic back pain and am licensed.
Trying different concentrations of THC and CBD.
Currently very large doses of CBD with little to no relief.
Personally seem to have more success with THC, not so much for the pain, as for having the ability to deal with it.
THC is an issue if you plan on driving.
Each individual much find their own solution, but I haven't found mine yet.
I get mine from Cannimed in Saskatoon. Mail order, 2 days, once a month. Not cheap by any means but tax deductible.
GN
Old 06-13-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoel View Post
I, as well, am struggling with chronic back pain and am licensed.
Trying different concentrations of THC and CBD.
Currently very large doses of CBD with little to no relief.
Personally seem to have more success with THC, not so much for the pain, as for having the ability to deal with it.
THC is an issue if you plan on driving.
Each individual much find their own solution, but I haven't found mine yet.
I get mine from Cannimed in Saskatoon. Mail order, 2 days, once a month. Not cheap by any means but tax deductible.
GN
At $4.47/gram, Cannimed 12-0 is the best price out there currently.
FHD