Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2019, 02:41 PM

yep it would be nice to see it reopen but not being run by the seed
Old 02-20-2019, 03:10 PM

The Seed, what a joke!!!
I used to deal with them in my former life, they would call to have people removed because they didn't like them, or they smelled etc. I would show up and ask if they were a Christian organization and when they said yes, I would then tell them to act like Christians and help these poor souls. They would have the stupidest looks on their faces as we drove away and not once did they put in a complaint.
When they took over Mountain Aire, they sent up any trades people that needed their services to work on the lodge, to get them away from the "bad crowd" Once the trades people were finished, they were sent back to Calgary. Pretty posh residences just west of the lodge for the management people.
The motel area is far enough away from the deteriorated banks of the river that it could be reopened. The foundation for the restaurant, has sat idle since it was poured, no reason for it not to be finished other than if it became self sufficient, they wouldn't be needing all the corporate and private sector funding.
No, I am not a big fan of the Seed, just my opinion.
JH
Old 02-20-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry View Post
The Seed, what a joke!!!
I used to deal with them in my former life, they would call to have people removed because they didn't like them, or they smelled etc. I would show up and ask if they were a Christian organization and when they said yes, I would then tell them to act like Christians and help these poor souls. They would have the stupidest looks on their faces as we drove away and not once did they put in a complaint.
When they took over Mountain Aire, they sent up any trades people that needed their services to work on the lodge, to get them away from the "bad crowd" Once the trades people were finished, they were sent back to Calgary. Pretty posh residences just west of the lodge for the management people.
The motel area is far enough away from the deteriorated banks of the river that it could be reopened. The foundation for the restaurant, has sat idle since it was poured, no reason for it not to be finished other than if it became self sufficient, they wouldn't be needing all the corporate and private sector funding.
No, I am not a big fan of the Seed, just my opinion.
JH
Don't forget the cabin, teetering over the river. The lodge served a need ,especially when there was lots of oil field activity out there and there' is probably enough tourist activity to make it pay, especially if Rachel turns that into a park area. Gotta wonder what kind of lease exists for the land, that might be difficult to renegotiate.

Grizz
Old 02-16-2020, 10:37 AM

Sounds like it went for $830000 at the auction
Old 02-18-2020, 01:14 PM

wow hope they make something of it