Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-07-2020, 08:54 AM

Default Looking for Feedback on the LiteOutdoor Tipi Tent

Hey Everyone

Like the title says I'm looking for first had feedback regarding the new Lite Outdoors tipi tent the price sounds great for the Size. I slept in a Cimarron last fall and really enjoyed the space this looks to be just a touch bigger.

https://www.liteoutdoors.com/product/plateau-5/

Thanks
Old 02-07-2020, 09:27 AM

The large, square base dimensions and excellent height make it my choice.. Great outfit too.. Probably one of the best values to be had in this type..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astepanuk View Post
Hey Everyone

Like the title says I'm looking for first had feedback regarding the new Lite Outdoors tipi tent the price sounds great for the Size. I slept in a Cimarron last fall and really enjoyed the space this looks to be just a touch bigger.

https://www.liteoutdoors.com/product/plateau-5/

Thanks

I bought the cimmaron from seek outside, it’s nice and super light weight.
But wishing I had bought the lite outdoors tent instead. I have point several hunting buddies to the lite outdoors tent and they love it.

Also, their stove are amazing, I use the 18” in my cimarron
Old 02-07-2020, 09:53 AM

Great setup! Plenty of room for 3 guys (all over 6' tall) without gear. Temps ranged from -15 to -30 and were able to get gear dry and stay very comfortable.. Setup is quick and easy and the weight is easily managed by one guy but split between 3 you dont even notice it.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:26 AM

How bad is the condensation in these? I had a seek outside that was like sleeping in a plastic bag even with the stove running. When the stove ran out overnight, I woke up to sheets of frost covering the entire tent inside. I love the idea and style but I shifted over to a 10 pound canvas version of the same for the reasons above. But I have to go in with horses with that weight and bulk for a tent.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:40 AM

IMG_1961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2020, 10:42 AM

This isn’t mine but it looks like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2020, 01:22 PM

Thanks for the Replies looking forward to Caribou hunting out of my tent in August!!
Old 02-07-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alder View Post
How bad is the condensation in these? I had a seek outside that was like sleeping in a plastic bag even with the stove running. When the stove ran out overnight, I woke up to sheets of frost covering the entire tent inside. I love the idea and style but I shifted over to a 10 pound canvas version of the same for the reasons above. But I have to go in with horses with that weight and bulk for a tent.
we had 4 people in my cimmaron and it got allot of condensation without a stove, we kept the 2 doors open a crack at the top and it helped allot.

looking forward to hear more first hand accounts of the lite outdoors, i like that its a bit bigger than the cimmaron.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:58 AM

We used the lite outdoors last August with the same stove as pictured.
If your looking for the negatives , well the condensation was an issue for sure, Found it dripping onto my bed and me.
Another negative was using a cot it reduced the footprint size inside due to the height of the cot.
The Stove was nice but the only wood we found ( Balsam) was very full of pitch and the screen at the top of the stove pipe would completely foul over after just burning fuel wood each night, completely plugged off.
The Plus it handled the hail storm we got no problem , as far as wind we were sheltered on one side from the trees so can't comment if it was on a bald mountain top. another plus is the lightweight of it.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
We used the lite outdoors last August with the same stove as pictured.
If your looking for the negatives , well the condensation was an issue for sure, Found it dripping onto my bed and me.
Another negative was using a cot it reduced the footprint size inside due to the height of the cot.
The Stove was nice but the only wood we found ( Balsam) was very full of pitch and the screen at the top of the stove pipe would completely foul over after just burning fuel wood each night, completely plugged off.
The Plus it handled the hail storm we got no problem , as far as wind we were sheltered on one side from the trees so can't comment if it was on a bald mountain top. another plus is the lightweight of it.
Thanks for the feedback I’m leaning towards the square seekoutside stove over the round design. I won’t have to worry about Cots never get that luxury 3 guys on the dirt should be alright I hope. We are gonna be camping around 30km north of where you guys hunted last fall I’m sure we’ll have the same problem with wood as you did.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:22 PM

Have any of you guys used the cimmaron with the liners? Just wondering if this helped with the condensation issues.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Have any of you guys used the cimmaron with the liners? Just wondering if this helped with the condensation issues.
Yes the liners are a must have and a trip saver.
I own the Seek Redcliff. Great tent. Durable, sheds wind, well built, very light. Only flaw is the poor ventilation.
We got rained on pretty hard sheep hunting. When that happens, you cannot simply unzip the top as you’ll get soaked. Sure enough, the condensation builds up and it starts “misting” inside the tent from the raindrops outside spattering your breathing condensation inside. The liner mitigates that nicely. I believe Seek should have another covered vent up top or just a bigger one.

If you use cam locking straps, you can raise the bottom off the ground a couple inches to get more airflow. Found that beauty tip on YouTube after.

Another tip is to dig a moat around the outside of you are expecting heavy rain. We improvised and were able to shed the buckets of rain pouring down on us for the most part by diverting the flow that runs down the tent. Just another good little tip.

Guys, these are silicone based tents. If you breathe air, they are going to condensate. Even more so when you are drying clothes with the stove glowing. Buy the liners. Silicone tarp over the top works too if you wanna vent in a rainstorm. The cons are heavily outweighed by the pros. A very lightweight tent that is bulletproof and you can stand up in is dynamite.
Enjoy!.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:31 AM

The lite outdoors tent has two built in vents at the top to help with the condensation, the sod cloth at the bottom is also an awesome upgrade from the last tipi i had. Keeps from having to find things to close up the gap when pitching on uneven ground. So far couldn't be happier.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy95 View Post
The lite outdoors tent has two built in vents at the top to help with the condensation, the sod cloth at the bottom is also an awesome upgrade from the last tipi i had. Keeps from having to find things to close up the gap when pitching on uneven ground. So far couldn't be happier.
Thanks for the Feedback. One question does it have eyelets on the inside to run a string around the inside to hang cloths.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:34 PM

Yep sure does.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the Feedback. One question does it have eyelets on the inside to run a string around the inside to hang cloths.
Yessir, and I built a simple rack over the stove as well.. Just from dry limbs and paracord.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:21 PM

Condensation will happen in most tents that dont have a liner.. We just wipe the walls down with a j cloth every once in awhile.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:32 PM

Default Lite outdoors

I have a lite outdoors 18” stove for sale if anyone wants to give it a go.
I have the seek outside redcliff and it’s a legitimate 4 man tipi tent hybrid pyramid. Huge inside for 4 plus gear and a stove.
We keep our wood beside the stove to warm up and when you put it in the stove it lights up and keeps temps constant. You need to tend the fire periodically and have a good source of fire starter if it goes out. With my tipi you can unzip the top and keep a stick inbwteeen the top to allow air flow. Air flow is what helps with condensation. I never had it drip on me ever. (Design maybe ?? )
It’s in my opinion the 18” stove is too small for the redcliff and I’ll be getting the SXL stove ... just too cheap to bite the US$ bullet.

I’m in Calgary SE if anyone is interested in the stove. $300 shoot me a PM.
Cheers
Old 02-11-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
If you wish, I have a liteoutdoors tent, you can look at it if your in the Camrose area, Nimrod
Old 02-11-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
If you wish, I have a liteoutdoors tent, you can look at it if your in the Camrose area, Nimrod
Appreciate the offer I will be ordering this tent in a few weeks I trust your guys feedback and look forward to my Caribou hunt knowing I have a warm tent to come back too.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Appreciate the offer I will be ordering this tent in a few weeks I trust your guys feedback and look forward to my Caribou hunt knowing I have a warm tent to come back too.
Okay let Brennen know you saw this on Outdoorsman, I also have 2 of his titanium stoves, one for the liteoutdoors tent and one for the tigoat 7.5 tent