Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
I see that many of the 'hunting traditions' from back home still live on.

If you love hunting, stay the heck away from your boys. Soon enough, NONE of you will be hunting. They'll get caught 'jackin' soon enough. You don't need that sort of trouble.

The hunting is fantastic out west here, and the vast majority of the folks on this board are stand up individuals. Check out Tuc's thread ('nother Bluenoser) stickied to the top regarding folks looking for hunting partners. Post there and someone will help you out. Don't get dragged into the games your friends play...........in more ways than one. Good luck and use your head.

Tree
X2 the populations here and is SK are so much better than back home. Distance yourself and u will be hunting for years to come, they will not.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:52 AM

Default need some comments

BB500 you did ask for comments on your post, I'd say you got a few. Don't take anything to heart, most member's are quite helpful in their advice. I'd definetly look to either hunt alone or find some new hunting buddies. I seen you've already had an offer, so see some good has come out of your post.

P.S. where's that darn spellcheck button?
Old 10-17-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
I see that many of the 'hunting traditions' from back home still live on.

Tree... yes they do.... it is frustrating for a newish (not newfish) hunter (me), who enjoys all the things that bring you to pulling the trigger, to hear about the guy down the road who shot three deer last year. And then there is the guy about 4 km through the woods who got 2. And then i wonder, with profanity, why i have not seen signs of a deer since October 5th -- and i look every day
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 AM

NAIT? Is that you?
"I am fascinated by the wild, rough country sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes." - JOC
Old 10-17-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_buck_500 View Post
I am from the sask side . Thanks for the english lesson .
Never mind your mindless friends in SASK. ( or mine here!)
Keep the ones here and ditch the ones in SAS FAST!!
There are some good members here that can help you out, and put you in contact with ethical, honest, and super fine hunters, I'm sure.
have a great day!

edit note: Huntinstuff, I TOLD you to lay off that stuff you're drinking in that avatar of yours - you're gonna fall off that horse!
Cat
Old 10-17-2009, 07:16 PM

As I read your post I kind of guessed that you were an east coaster. When I see the word "nothing" spelled "nodding" it is kind of obvious. There's no reason to hunt with jerks like this; you may as well go alone and feel the satisfaction of an ethical rewarding hunt. Too often bad habits are learned by hanging with the wrong crowd, and in my opinion you'd be doing them a favor by ratting them out.
Don't let peer pressure turn you into them, you got it right so lead by example and carry on.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Well i don`t want them in **** or notting it just i like to hunt not chase or jack deer .
Thing is when you hang out with clowns people say"Look at those clowns". They don't say "look at that one good guy with all those clowns".
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 AM

we need more f&w officers to deal with this ****.....tell your buddies to smarten up or go home!!!i hate reading this kind of stuff just turns my guts.... linch mob anyone???
Old 10-20-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
ok this is my thoughts i love hunting all my friends do to but the things is they an`t got no ethics they hunt at night shot anything walking flying don`t care if they find the kill or notting i like to be in woods hunting not driving around all hr of night day shotting anything i like to acually go out scout find nice spot hunt it and there always on my ass about did u get a buck yet and i haven`t and yes i go all the time but i want a nice wall mounted deer so i take my time and acaually hunt the deer and it get so much under my skin when they go on there **** but anyone can go out at night and get a deer but funny thing is they oly got one deer in 2 yrs and it was 60 lbs lol ive got a 4x4 whitetail last year and a 4x4 mully and 2 does but this year i just let stuff go by hoping for the big one so thats whats on mmy mind anyways
Whew, talk about stream of conciousness! I imagine the guy totally out of breath and panting at the end of that spiel.

In the remote chance that this post was serious, I'd say "get new friends".
Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 AM

I don't care 'bout your spelling or punctuation. These guys that you are talking about are nothing more than poachers and IMHO pcs of s--t.

Lose 'em...they'll only bring you grief........and THEY ARE NOT HUNTERS.

Good luck....and good hunting.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 AM

This is actually a funny thread. This can't be for real....... Can It? WOW
Old 10-20-2009, 11:44 AM

huntinstuff, monkey, you really crackith me up!

big buck500, just by you posting, its obvious that you know what needs to be done here, and the general concensus sums it up.

if your 'buddies' are hunting south ....you hunt north...if they are going east...you go west.

hunting alone and doing something wrong is your fault, being with people who do wrong and even tho you didnt do it...your still your fault
get the picture!

take up claas on his offer.
oh by the way... welcome to Canada

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31