Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM

Default Anterless Elk around Suffield

I have a question for anyone who would be kind enought to post back and that question is, how is the Ant. Elk hunting in 148/150/151. I know some may not want to respond, but my elk hunting area has become invaded and my parents live in the Hat, and I was wondering if drawn for ant. elk, how is it and how are the landowners around here? Thanks.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 PM

My friend has a bull tag, we hunted 3 days last week on the north side on 2 properties we had permission for, saw lot's of nice bulls and many cows, not 1 elk jumped the fence. Will be going back soon. Get permission where you can get access. Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:32 PM

drove by the block today and there were 9 decent bulls about a mile of the highway in the middle of the block so yes they are there, but they have figured out fast where it is safe and where it is not about 3 weeks ago there were 3 very large bulls with cows about a 200yards off the jenner highway courtin' the girls and a small spiker you would have figured you were in the middle of jasper park but have heard of a few crossing the fence at night...but they go back in well before legal light..but see as there are a ton of elk in the block I sure hunting can only improve over time...

now if some one would just convince the goverment to raise the bottom wire on the fences around the block maybe a few of those big old lopes would come out to play