Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM

Default Puttin the smackdown on Alaskan moose with the .30-.30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZsgwPlLM0
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Cool show...and with the right shot placement and if you get close enough a guy can put almost anything on the ground. nice moose 62" way cool.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Great link, thanx!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 AM

I really didnt expect the moose to react that way on the first shot. Figured he was going to have to unload the gun on him. Cool video, what do you think, shot in the heart to go down that fast?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I really didnt expect the moose to react that way on the first shot. Figured he was going to have to unload the gun on him. Cool video, what do you think, shot in the heart to go down that fast?
Heart shots do mot m=normally drop a large animal like that, spinal shots will .However,There s always the exception the the rule .....
Cat
Old 02-02-2012, 12:54 PM

how on earth did he drop that moose without some kind of ultra supermag???
Old 02-02-2012, 12:59 PM

C'mon guys, get serious. It's friggin obvious that this video has been doctored. Just like the BOTW videos are all doctored. How many moose did this wannabe hunter wound and lose before the one on the video? Yeah, and the one in the video was probably shot with a 375 H+H and not the pipsqueek 30-30 they want us to believe killed the moose. Every expert on this forum knows a 243 can't kill deer so how the heck can a lowly 30-30 kill a huge Alaskan moose. Well, maybe if he was using them triple shocks boolits.

Hopefully, there's sufficient emoticons so everyone will know I'm only kidding....

Bobby B.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
C'mon guys, get serious. It's friggin obvious that this video has been doctored. Just like the BOTW videos are all doctored. How many moose did this wannabe hunter wound and lose before the one on the video? Yeah, and the one in the video was probably shot with a 375 H+H and not the pipsqueek 30-30 they want us to believe killed the moose. Every expert on this forum knows a 243 can't kill deer so how the heck can a lowly 30-30 kill a huge Alaskan moose. Well, maybe if he was using them triple shocks boolits.

Hopefully, there's sufficient emoticons so everyone will know I'm only kidding....

Bobby B.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post

Bobby B.
Sorry Bobby you are horribly wrong before I retired my 243 and passed it down to my wife I killed 7 bull moose to many deer to count and two bull elk.The only animal I lost was a mule buck that stepped in a hole just before I shot. Since my wife has claimed my 243 she has shot at 3 bull moose and killed all three the furthest being 281 yards.I know you are only kidding but there are to many who believe this and call me an inhumane hunter for shooting to small of a rifle,I say the proof is in the freezer.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 PM

ahh Gotta love the video of Lake Hood Seaplane Base. Got my pilots license there... As for the 3030, yup definately alot of game taken with it. Just cause it ain't the latest super nitro mag don't mean it ain't gunna work. There's a reason its been around for over 100 years and still this popular!
Old 08-25-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
I don't know it's 28 minutes I'll never get back I mean good for him he got his moose I'm not impressed.