Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-05-2021, 10:31 AM
Shooting Xs

Default Shout out to Bushnell Canada

I bought a Nitro 1800 Range finder ,couldn't get it to pair up with my phone to load in the Applied Ballistic app. that was included.
Contacted Bushnell, we couldn't get it over the phone either., they paid shipping back to them and it checked out ok.
So ,they replaced that unit with a new one anyway and gave me contact info for their Rep. Peter to walk this old fart through the pairing process, it turned out to be a simple step of closing all apps on my phone rather than just the Bushnell Ballistics App. only.
Al and especially Peter were very patient while we went through the learning curve(mine)
Excellent Customer service.
I've ranged out past 1700 yards with this unit on several large bright objects, it's fast, I'll give it a work out through the summer on long range.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:38 AM

Really nice to see some positive news for a change. How is the glass, resolution in that unit, anywhere close to as good as your Binos?
Old 03-05-2021, 10:51 AM

That's awesome!

Recently had a great service experience with them as well with an older scope (it was technically still branded as a B&L). It took some time, but eventually I had a new replacement in my hands, and I would say it's even better than the original. I would consider that excellent service.

My Nikon scopes, well... I love the glass, but let's just hope they don't break...
Old 03-05-2021, 10:53 AM
Shooting Xs

Compared to my old LRF it's night and day difference, this unit has actual glass with their optics coatings which I find very clear with good resolution, I've had very limited use so far.
Optics are so subjective though through different eyes, but so far I'm impressed.
It's really fast, takes 4 readings a second and is consistent, user reviews on Utube show it ranging past 2,000 yards on larger objects.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:53 AM