Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-05-2021, 10:02 AM

Default Ruger PC Carbine & Prism Scope

I purchased a Ruger PC Carbine (adjustable chassis model-Canadian), currently pending transfer approval.

Ruger made the pictanny rail somewhat out of spec from the standard so the optics I can put on it are limited.

I have little to no practical experience when it comes to optics such as red dots, reflex, holographic and prism sights expect for what I have read or seen on the web. My needs are simple enough, fast target acquistion, range 50-100yards.

My research points me in the direction of a Prism optic mostly due to older vision issues and Astigmatism currently and somewhat corrected with glasses.

So I'm currently looking at the Vortex Spitfire line of Prism sights, the 1st gen Vortex Spitfire Prism Scope 1x AR is seems to fit my budget for an entry point though the newer Vortex Spitfire HD Gen II 3x Prism Scope is an option though more expensive.

My understanding is the Vortex line will fit on the this particular Ruger rail.

Anyone care to share any of their own experiences with a prism optic or the direction I'm steering towards?
Old 03-05-2021, 10:14 AM

I got a used older leupold delta point red dot sight on mine. I really like it and it is very suitable for its role on our rural property. Lots of options out there but for the Ruger PC’s the smaller RD’s like this and the kahles RD which I also own just look right with their compact size...and they work very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B03A3FA3-18DE-4650-BEB4-2A46E74DEF24.jpg (34.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 03-07-2021, 06:58 PM

Default Mine

I have a crossfire II 1-24 on mine. It has illumination so it can be used as a red dot or zoom in a bit if you want. Out at 100-200, that magnification is quite nice.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:09 PM

Default Oops

1-4x24 i meant