Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 03:06 PM

Hey boldt

Where are you located?
Old 03-04-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
I just bought a used leupold, it has a crushed tube from an overzealous tightening but it still shoots bug hole groups.

I know Vortex can make some good glass, I just don't think they are near as robust as their competition at similar prices. There's a reason everyone that loved them used to rant about how great their warranty once. I've sent in one Leupold in my lifetime, and it again was a used one. They sent me a new one in it's place. My two Leupold complaints would be stiff power adjustment on some, and the variable eye relief. They are still my go too for hunting.
The vortex tech guy asked me to turn the dials and feel if there is any sounds or grit sounds...there was on the paralax adj dial. I guess thats his way of telling if the tube was/is crushed. Same with the mag. adj. it was scratchy feeling as well.
I recall back in the day (70s) when i was dumber than i am now, we would torque the poop out of our rings and never had an issue...scopes still tracked. Being the age i am now, i just find todays bottom and middle quality products of many kinds are made to fail. I have a dishwasher thats stood the test of time..im on my 27 yr. My daughters new house and new dishwasher, now 4 yrs old , just took a major crap.
These husky rifles are right up there with some of the top guns made today that you would pay $3000 for. New, huskys sold for, im guessing, $300 for the crown grade. Its a throw away world i tell you