Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2017, 08:44 PM

I would give them there money back, after they return the fridge to you. Yeah it sucks if it broke in transport but if you bought a fridge and it didn’t work you would want your money back.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukisam View Post
Yup you can not transport them laying down. Tell him to unplug it for 48 hours then try again. Keep fingers crossed that did not blow compressor
Was what I was thinkin...don't think you screwed him, I dunno.
Pretty sure it shouldn't have been laid down??
Might start up again after stood upright..
Old 11-07-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
not sayin the fridge as that.
Then I don't really see how the two are connected. He didn't sell him a piece of crap, he sold him a decent, working fridge, that it appears was damaged by the new owner. If you feel the need, feel free to sell me a decent, operating item at a fair price anytime.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:12 PM

Buyer beware. It worked when the sale went through...

If you want a warranty, buy new.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:36 AM

Personally, if I knew the thing worked good, I'd express my sympathy but nothing more, unless, I felt they were adversely affected, to which I may decide to make a donation of the purchase price. A buddy bought a used fridge years ago and while turning the last corner into the kitchen, we snagged a line and blew the gas. Cost more to repair than what he paid for it.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
[...] but if you bought a fridge and it didn’t work you would want your money back.
Not if I bought it off kijiji. But I wouldn't transport it lying down either.

Fridges and freezers are notoriously finicky... after 10 to 15 years, they can drop dead for any reason or the can keep running for every. Our chest freezer is about 30 years old and has been moved half across the country and back again. I have been expecting it to pop a cog at any moment for the last 10 years.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:55 AM

I bought a window A/C for dads garage to keep it cool in the event my son arrowed a moose this year. It was like new, filter looks like it has never been used and blew nice and cold in the guys living room so I took it. It sat in it's box, in my trunk, for the ride home, not on it's side or upside down. Sat on the bench for a couple days. Plugged it in to do a test. It has never even come close to blowing as cold as it was in the guys house. Not sure why but i'm not calling the guy for my 40 bucks back.

I think the OP can keep his 100 bucks and sleep well at night. As soon as the guy laid it down, tail light warranty voided Imo.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:32 AM

For all you know the guy drove 80kmh over a set of railway tracks with it and dislodged/broke something.
Tough cookies for the buyer but that's what happens when you don't know how to transport things properly.
In the past I have sold a king size bed to a nice gentleman who folded the mattress in half to jam it into his Toyota SUV to get it home. If he screwed the springs up that was his problem.
Sold a dishwasher to another guy. He shows up, lays it down in the back of his truck on a slippery truck box and drives away with it unsecured on a piece of cardboard. It would have been sliding around at every light he had to stop for.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Do people actually do this for $100? ^^^^
Not worth the time.
What extra time? Guy buys a used fridge for a reasonable price. Goes home then sends a quick email or call claiming it doesn't work hoping for quick capitulation and a quick easy refund. Best case he comes out with a free working fridge worst case he got a decent deal and moves on. Ask anyone working retail. There is far more that people will do to save $100 (like spending $200 in gas and 4hrs or their time LOL). I'm betting if a refund is offered as long as he brings the fridge back and proves that it doesn't work that the fridge won't magically reappear and he won't hear much more. Just a hunch.

Last edited by The Elkster; 11-08-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The moose View Post
I sold a guy a bbq for 50 bucks. he texts me later that day saying the lid is broken and the burner knobs dont work and wants his money back. sends me a picture. clearly fell out of the back of his truck.

Kijiji has all sorts of people....

Bbqs seem to be best friends with road ditches. Lol. I dont know why people dont strap them down. They should bE laid over and fridges left standing up in trucks. People never learn lol.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:14 PM

If the guy picked up the fridge from your house, he knows where you live. Give him back his money !
Old 11-09-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
If the guy picked up the fridge from your house, he knows where you live. Give him back his money !
X2 ......its only $100
Old 11-09-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
I'm betting if a refund is offered as long as he brings the fridge back and proves that it doesn't work that the fridge won't magically reappear and he won't hear much more. Just a hunch.
Good point!

I would add, if they do bring it back, have a good look at the fridge to ensure it hasn't been compromised.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Mostly importantly what ended up happening? Did he get it working? Did you refund his cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Banned

So the guy buys a used WORKING fridge on sunday and tuesday calls looking for his money back claiming the fridge no longer works? Ummm, sorry about his luck but he bought a fridge he was able to check to ensure worked before purchasing which he did. Lord knows what transpired after that? The seller is not a manufacturer providing a warranty or a retailer providing service as a liason between the purchaser and manufacturer. “Caveat Emptor” (Let The Buyer Beware) as they say.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:46 AM

So Slopeshunter, what did you do in the end?????
Old 11-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Thanks all, lots of interesting replies. So, after suggesting it be given more time to settle I have heard nothing further so assume it is working.