Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2014, 08:39 AM

Good luck bhguy...

Really hope things work out for you
Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 AM

Hi BH,

I experience much of what you are going through now. After some DR visits, I'm now down to two options:

- take Previcid (sp?) for the rest of my life

- surgery to repair the valve thingy at my stomach entrance.

Either way, it's important that you do deal with the problem, as I see you are. All the focus on this thread is about up (throat, etc), but it's also an issue going down, including issues with your colon.

I'm a much better preacher than a follower, but I hope you're smarter than I and stay on top of it.

Cheers
Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 AM

So glad to hear you were able to get help!

Hope you're on the mend soon!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 AM

Dr prescribed me nexium for acid reflux disease. i did a 360. i hope you can find relief like i did, i understand the discomfort........take care brother.....

http://www.purplepill.com/index.aspx
Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 AM

the worst part for me is I find im super short tempered when it flares up...makes me no fun to be with
Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Banned

This landed me in emerg a couple years ago too. It sounds like you have it worse than I did, a couple months of better diet and prilosec and I was ok.

Biggest thing that helped me was sleeping on a 30 degree or so incline
Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhguy View Post
thanks for all the concerns guys!! I DID go to the hospital last night to see what was going on. As I was online last night I was feeling worse and my wife asked if I was ok and I said no. she panicked, her dad past @ 53 in august of a heart attack, so I grabbed the neighbor, she was on her way for her night shift there anyway.

so the deal is I have an extreme case of acid reflux. I had pins and needles in my legs , racing heart, light head, and racing heart. the acid has burned the back of my throat to an extreme level. the acid is traveling back into my lungs and may have caused an infection around the lining of my heart. the doc would not give me any medication yet as he felt that it may cause damage to my throat, and the way it looks im in the running for cancer in a big way!! the ear nose and throat guy came in but got paged away after about 2 minutes, when he looked at my throat he jumped back and said he was in shock. there was a lot of debate about the way I quite chewing....I went cold turkey from 1.5 cans a day.

I am going to get in with my own doc asap to start figuring this all out. I was warned that with the severity it could cause a heart attack if the heart palpitations got bad enough. I thought this crap only happened to old people guess reality has learned me real good
Well to be honest I was hoping for even better news but at least you are on track now to prevent what we were fearing last night.

I'd rather that you were laughing at us right now.

You take care of yourself... you are in for some lifestyle changes but once you get past the initial upset and start feeling better... you won't miss those things at all.

Take care of yourself and get well soon buddy.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
This landed me in emerg a couple years ago too. It sounds like you have it worse than I did, a couple months of better diet and prilosec and I was ok.

Biggest thing that helped me was sleeping on a 30 degree or so incline
^ this

I try not to sleep on my back....every time I notice, I get on one of my sides and am OK
Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about the diagnoses but I'm glad to here that it wasn't more serious. So far everything sounds like it can be treated with medication which wouldn't be too bad. I take a previcid every morning and that does the trick for me.....no biggy. You might have to change a few things up like not eating before you go to bed, things like that. Hopefully once they treat the infection something as simple a a pill will work for you. Good luck!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM

Take care and get well. Have faith.

Remember that a doctor may cure but nature heals.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:34 PM

Glad you were able to get into the hospital and get things checked out. News may seem a bit bleak now but in short order things will be much better.

Take care and get well soon.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:55 PM

I have to laugh a bit, water just gave me heart burn lol. went to my doc and he is quite concerned, he feels I may also have a "peptic" ulcer. yet to Google that, but im sure it doesn't help. im a fast healer lol...ill just try not to be a whiner