Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 AM

Default Rcmp

The RC's have made their own bed as far as I am concerned. If the 'street officers' carry on this type of Gestapo tactics without peer consequences, then it leaves me to believe it is accepted and in some cases encouraged throughout all the ranks.
There is a lot of damage control that has to occur to save face, and starting with accountability is a good start.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:49 AM

Havn't seen the RCMP involved with coaching or anything like that in our town for years, maybe because they are hated so much. What I do see is bully cops from Toronto and other big cities moving out here to rural areas and treating us poorly.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Default High River

So how many of you whiners who continue to whine without knowing anything but what you heard on the news are from High River.

Do you personally know anyone who did not get their firearms back?

Why don't you ask the 36 people, mostly seniors in the Highlands area, who were trapped in their homes that were saved by the rescuers during the search how they feel about the searches.

Unfortunately, two people perished and were not saved.

Obviously none of you (except ken) are firefighters or other emergency personnel or you would have heard of the Incident Command system which is utilized by Alberta Emergency Management.
The RCMP did not do anything without approval from the Incident Commander supplied by AEMA.

What I see is a terrible disaster and while most folks were getting away, the RCMP, firefighters and other emergency services were running in.

For those of you who choose to have an opinion and share it with the rest of the people here. Get informed... er ah edemucated if you prefer.

Armchair quarterbacking on topics of which you were not personally involved makes you look like sniveling idiots.

Thanks to guys like ABdiver and a few others who post their exciting outdoor adventures I keep returning to this forum.

enuff said.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap30 View Post
So how many of you whiners who continue to whine without knowing anything but what you heard on the news are from High River.

Do you personally know anyone who did not get their firearms back?

Why don't you ask the 36 people, mostly seniors in the Highlands area, who were trapped in their homes that were saved by the rescuers during the search how they feel about the searches.

Unfortunately, two people perished and were not saved.

Obviously none of you (except ken) are firefighters or other emergency personnel or you would have heard of the Incident Command system which is utilized by Alberta Emergency Management.
The RCMP did not do anything without approval from the Incident Commander supplied by AEMA.

What I see is a terrible disaster and while most folks were getting away, the RCMP, firefighters and other emergency services were running in.

For those of you who choose to have an opinion and share it with the rest of the people here. Get informed... er ah edemucated if you prefer.

Armchair quarterbacking on topics of which you were not personally involved makes you look like sniveling idiots.

Thanks to guys like ABdiver and a few others who post their exciting outdoor adventures I keep returning to this forum.

enuff said.
I see after many months after the flood, you still do not get it
Old 03-02-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
So have you actually seen the legal documents authorizing the RCMP to carry out the break ins and seizures?

If they exist, then why did the RCMP spokesman tell everyone in the press release, the RCMP acted without any direction from the province, or the minister in charge?

Why did the minister in charge, during the state of emergency, deny authorizing the RCMP to conduct the break ins and seizures?
Old 03-02-2014, 10:54 AM

There are a lot of great RCMP officers. Unfortunately, they work for a leadership that does not see the public as colleagues but as subjects. As such, they hand down directives to the rank-and-file officers that do not adequately consider the rights of the citizens they are supposed to be protecting. They either carry out those directives or they are no longer RCMP officers.

That said, there are evidently some officers who absolutely revel in making other people's lives miserable and abusing their authority. When you throw them into the above mix, you have a force that no one can trust. If you trust your local RCMP Constable that's your business, but as a gun owner chances are you will get burned by him or his colleagues at some time.

I didn't used to think this way.

Being an RCMP member must be a very lonely occupation in many areas.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 03-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerntrapper View Post
The RC's have made their own bed as far as I am concerned. If the 'street officers' carry on this type of Gestapo tactics without peer consequences, then it leaves me to believe it is accepted and in some cases encouraged throughout all the ranks.
There is a lot of damage control that has to occur to save face, and starting with accountability is a good start.
X2

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-02-2014, 12:23 PM

High river was not the first time the RCMP acted above the law , accused of threatening Canadians and stealing from the public.

The moment you place armed road blocks with spike belts employed to keep people out of their homes while you kick down doors and "search and seize" without a warrant people's private property is the moment when a RCMP "rank and file guy "should feel he/she is doing somthing wrong and then do something about it.

And with the homes that were not effected by water but were searched anyways had there doors kicked in, and mudd tracked through entire houses while they searched for "guns". Reports of people's dresser drawers gone through ( looking for survivors) then again I wasn't there. Only one side to the story was there accused of committing the acts.

I .m sorry but The High River incident is just too much, and with all this Gun Banning happening now I don't know what the RCMP stands for anymore, it's putting distance between the public and the National police force which is not good.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
If there such great guys why are non of them standing up for the citizens that are being stripped of their rights by here bosses?

"just following orders" is not a valid excuse.
Wasn't that what Hitler's boys claimed ?

Grizz
Old 03-02-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Wasn't that what Hitler's boys claimed ?

Grizz
Hmmm was it?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:48 PM

I have yet to see one RCMP member stand up and speak against or refuse to obey orders that infringe our rights. This is happening frequently in the US when entire police force or sheriff office refuse to enforce ridiculous gun laws.

So far, all I've seen is one letter speaking against the gun reclassification and posted on Facebook, supposedly written by a RCMP member but there's not proof of that.

IMO, all province should get rid of the mounties and create their own provincial police force.