Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Default Kioti

I had previously posted a thread quite awhile back about advice on skid steer vs tractor. After that I began a foray into tractors which was a whole new world to me. After having researched, learned, compared, learned some more and researched again. Then spoken to a couple of different brands I am heavily leaning towards purchasing a Kioti NX 5510 with cab.

If any of you out there have experience with Kioti here in Alberta or even Canada I would like to hear it. Kioti has a fair distribution down in the States but apparently has decided to move full bore into Canada instead of relying on the states system to provide for Canada as well. Look forward to any and all advice and experience

Homes Outside
Old 03-09-2018, 06:13 PM

I don’t own a Kioti, however come close to buying one several years ago.
I test drove Deer, Kioti, and a Kubota, and decided on a Kubota. Kioti was a close second. I like the quality of the Asian machines, as well as the price. I wish you luck shopping, and would suggest Tractorbynet for other opinions!
Old 03-09-2018, 09:35 PM

second the tractor by net forum.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:27 PM

All compact tractors are asian machines including the Deere, (made by Yanmar)
The CNH tractors are made by Shibaura, not sure who makes the Massey etc?

I know people with the Kioti machines, they seem to like them. My only question would be aftermarket support and the risk of ending up with an "Orphan" should Kioti decide to no longer do business in Canada.

If the price is at all comparable I would stick with one of the major brands, better resale and better parts availability/aftermarket support. It's a long term investment, don't let the temptation of saving a few dollars on the front side cost you many dollars in the long run.

Basing my opinions on 10 years in the equipment business with CNH, Deere and many shortlines as well as a life time farming.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:21 AM

They are in the process of setting up a head office and distribution centre for Canada right now. Dealers will not have to work through the US for their products anymore. They are producing a quality product. The only downfall is lack of higher horsepower units.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:51 AM

We bought a Kioti sub compact. 26hp. Small tiny tractor, but we only need it to do small tiny jobs.

The mechanical parts of the tractor seem solid. But we’ve had non stop problems with things like bolts coming loose, hydraulic lines coming loose, thermostat a couple times and a bunch of other small things I can’t remember. Over all, it’s been pretty good. But the little things drive me nuts.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:27 AM

Thanks unclebud, and iron brew, a large portion of my research has been through tractor by net. I had been informed by the salesman at Parkland farm equipment in Stony that kioti is setting up it's own head office in Canada. That is somewhat unnerving being that it would be a new support system for parts etc.

I guess I will need to double check my pricing again and see what some of the other brands were giving. None of the other dealers I talked to were as willing to sit down and discuss with me what I needed because I had no idea as far as HP rating what I needed initially. This is where parkland has stood out.

Eric2381, through my research on tractor by net it has come up several times that you need to constantly recheck torque and tightness on wheels bolts for the front end loader and a few other things. So this is something I am aware of going into it. I'm not sure if other brands have this with new machines but it isn't a huge problem to me knowing about it ahead of time.

Thanks all again

Homes Outside
Old 03-10-2018, 08:42 AM

Dealer here has sold a good number of these tractors. They seem like solid units. Very little issues. Hydraulics outlets and hoses are are installed by local dealers. All manufacturers have warnings about checking lug nuts.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:11 PM

Out of curiosity, have you checked the other major brands? I'm a true Kubota fan, after many years of extreme reliability and toughness. I'd be checking out LS if I was going to be buying brand new, however.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:22 AM

dgl1948 where about is local for you? PM if you want.

Yes I did look at other brands. Price is a factor though which is why I ended up at Kioti
Old 03-13-2018, 11:37 AM

go Kubota no complaints here