Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Default Question on tool prices

Generally speaking where is a good place to buy Dewalt power tools, cheapest that is. Priced out a 20v recip saw and $625 seemed really expensive. Included 2 batteries and charger. BEL
Old 11-06-2017, 12:18 PM

I see Rigid is offering free batteries for the life of the tool,lifetime warranty etc
Old 11-06-2017, 12:19 PM

Not sure where you’ve tried so far. Try KMS Tools or Home Depot.

DR
Old 11-06-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL View Post
Generally speaking where is a good place to buy Dewalt power tools, cheapest that is. Priced out a 20v recip saw and $625 seemed really expensive. Included 2 batteries and charger. BEL
$269 at Canadian Tire.

http://origin-prd11.canadiantire.ca/...FZdjfgodFzQGKA
Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 PM

Browse amazon.ca, they have better prices than any of the big name hardware store's. I bought my dad a 20v dewalt impact for $108 off amazon. Canadian tire, home hardware, Co-op etc.. wanted $220+ for the exact same tool.

Amazon's prices to fluctuate from day to day, so keep an eye out for prices before pullingbthe trigger and buying something
Old 11-06-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Pounderhard View Post
Browse amazon.ca, they have better prices than any of the big name hardware store's. I bought my dad a 20v dewalt impact for $108 off amazon. Canadian tire, home hardware, Co-op etc.. wanted $220+ for the exact same tool.

Amazon's prices to fluctuate from day to day, so keep an eye out for prices before pullingbthe trigger and buying something
This if you're willing to order online and wait for the product vs having it in your hand today!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
This if you're willing to order online and wait for the product vs having it in your hand today!

If you're an Amazon Prime member you get 2 day free shipping.
Worth saving $100 IMO
Old 11-06-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
If you're an Amazon Prime member you get 2 day free shipping.
Worth saving $100 IMO
For most people, I would agree.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
That's a great deal. I priced out the same at Lowes, where they don't have a package but sell all the pieces separately... about $500. Saw alone with nothing is $249
Old 11-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Default Wow

What a difference. I think my wife has some sort of Amazon membership so I will check this out. Thanks guys. BEL
Old 11-06-2017, 01:57 PM

dewalt has 2 lines of tools. And little people ever know... are the chucks on the drills plastic or metal? they make both. Do they have a brushless motor? They make both. Most backyard mechanics don't know or it doesn't matter. If your a contractor or use your tools daily, you may want to consider looking into the details.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL View Post
Home Depot has the whole set on cheaper than that at the moment.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.2...000658589.html
Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM

Bare tool 20v dewalt sawzall is 139 at Home Depot. Typically you can get a 20v combo kit with the drill, impact, 2 batteries and charger for 249 at crappy tire. Even that is better than the deal you got quoted!

I would suggest KMS tools as well, or as mentioned Home Depot. Make sure they're not trying to sell you the flex volt saw. Unless your a proffesional (or even if you are) a $600 dollar saw isn't going to be that much better than a $200 saw
Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM

Default tool and electronics

best price is online the past few years people start to shift to online shopping, the brick and mortar store are feeling its pain...they are basically a place for people to go check and try out the item, then people will buy the item online. like amazon
Old 11-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
dewalt has 2 lines of tools. And little people ever know... are the chucks on the drills plastic or metal? they make both. Do they have a brushless motor? They make both. Most backyard mechanics don't know or it doesn't matter. If your a contractor or use your tools daily, you may want to consider looking into the details.
True!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:23 PM

see what crazy dave said, I buy the used / recon / last years stock tools in the Dewalt repair depot / store in Calgary. They have stood behind the one defective tool that was "repaired" and I am happy with the others I have purchased, BUT I am an occasional user NOT a " make my living with tools" guy.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Scope the flyer for Princess Auto. They tend to have good deals on quality tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2017, 03:55 PM

if you are close to a city id suggest going to a Pawn Shop. Always LOTS of selection and always a deal.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:28 PM

KMS tools is the cheapest your gonna find
Old 11-06-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Pounderhard View Post

I ordered an impact drill and driver combo when 20V just came out. it was a good price ($139) and to my surprise, it came with 2 batteries and a charger!
Old 11-06-2017, 05:15 PM

Default $159

https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DCS367B...70_&dpSrc=srch
Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBornKilla View Post
if you are close to a city id suggest going to a Pawn Shop. Always LOTS of selection and always a deal.
Which pawn shops are good for selection and prices? Every one i’ve been in has been disappointing. They always look like someone’s garage sale junk priced more than retail.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:05 PM

Best price is buying from Dewalt directly here in Edmonton at there dealer service centre. Buy all my dewalt stuff there. Just change everything over to 20v this past year. At the time 25 perecent cheaper then crappy tire specials. They even sell refurbished with solid warranty. Swear u couldn’t tell from brand new besides the R on the unit. Won’t find cheaper elsewhere. Inventory always changes. Only bad part u have to go in person. They never pick up the phone.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
I see Rigid is offering free batteries for the life of the tool,lifetime warranty etc
...and you're going to need to use that warranty! Stay away from Ridgid cordless tools. Myself and other carpenters who have used them have all had multiple batteries fail. My first drill, charger, and battery all failed at the same time for no apparent reason. I'll charge a new battery, 2 weeks later it will be dead and need to be charged again.

Our DeWalt, Makita, and Milwaukee stuff is used and abused daily. Batteries are left out in the freezing trailer all winter and still work great. Ridgid batteries are junk. Stay away! And don't say I didn't warn you

I have several Ridgid brad nailers that work very well and I would recommend them. But not their battery powered tools.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:44 PM

Some excellent info here guys. Thanks very much. BEL
Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Best price is buying from Dewalt directly here in Edmonton at there dealer service centre. Buy all my dewalt stuff there. Just change everything over to 20v this past year. At the time 25 perecent cheaper then crappy tire specials. They even sell refurbished with solid warranty. Swear u couldn’t tell from brand new besides the R on the unit. Won’t find cheaper elsewhere. Inventory always changes. Only bad part u have to go in person. They never pick up the phone.
x2 6320 roper road

mack
Old 11-07-2017, 03:47 PM

Guy above is right. Avoid Ridgid cordless.
I did Dewalts for a while but went back to Makita myself.

Makita , Milwaukee , Dewalts are all pretty good.