Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Default Indian motorcycle owners

Anyone one a indian motorcycle? Just curious on if it's worth the money I'm looking at the roadmaster but $35000 just seems a bot much
Old 12-13-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hawken View Post
Anyone one a indian motorcycle? Just curious on if it's worth the money I'm looking at the roadmaster but $35000 just seems a bot much
Well I think you just have to visit some of the threads regarding Rights based harvesting and will quickly notice "Indians" are expensive.....and not worth it according to some....

Boy I hope that is not against the forum rules.....otherwise I'm going to be outta' here.!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hawken View Post
They are good. Try finding a collector version from 50+ years ago. Refurbish, then watch value increase. classy with the big fenders.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Banned

You can always trust Indian motorcycle
Old 12-13-2015, 06:23 PM

They are expensive, as is the limited aftermarket supply for them but with Polaris driving the bus now they should be fairly stable for the forseable future. If I was going to throw that kinda cash down on a new bike I would stick with with the mothership Harley and give Polaris and the aftermarket a few more years to establish themselves and work out all the kinks. You won't loose much down the road on the Harley as they retain their value really well.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:20 PM

Natives haven't demanded a name change yet ?

Grizz
Old 12-13-2015, 09:24 PM

I've always wanted to try out a Chieftain. They look awesome. Always hear good things.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:05 PM

Default Thoughts from an Indian Roadmaster owner

I own a 2016 Roadmaster and never got the fascination with Harleys, and once I demo rode the Chieftan, I was sold! I bought the Roadmaster in September and have over 5,500 km on it with no issues. I'm down in Phoenix for the winter and am riding it just about every day. The bike is fun on the twisty roads, has plenty of power for cruising along at interstate speeds (keeping up with 490 hp Corvette), and is very comfortable. I agree that the accessories are ridiculously priced (but so is anything with Harley Davidson on it). I have a lot of Harley owners complimenting the Indian (as well as non-riders) on the look and quality of the bike. I'm not against Harleys, it's just not my thing. You're going to pay at least $32k for a Harley Electra Glide (more for the screaming eagle version), but to me there is no comparison. Google Indian Roadmaster versus Harley Davidson Electra Glide and you can read lots of comparison reviews. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.