Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default Seems OK

To me. 151 posts on a thread requesting that members adhere to the rules .
Rules that have been in place in one form or another for the last nine years .
The deliberating about this gives you a little glimpse into the dilemma here.
I could live without the general discussion forum .
Old 12-12-2015, 06:52 PM

Bring to top

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:47 AM

I have no problem with the General discussion area. when in there, I choose what threads I wish to view or partake in, If I dislike anything, I have the choice of clicking out and moving on. My Post number is low in relative to my join date due in part to my use of the search function and that I just like to sit back with a spicy coke and read.
I would also have no problem with this site switching to a style similar to our good ol CGN site - must register as a user to take part and log in every time. I think it takes a few days for the moderators to approve new members, this prevents the internet drivebys from stirring the pot and viewing topics without taking the time to register/logging in.
I won't leave should it get removed as I utilize the other areas and will just have to go else where to learn religion and political issues I don't understand through the media route.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:04 AM

Default Think guys

Please remember that all the negativity, religion bashing, Political bashing, fighting amongst ourselves, name calling etc reflects not only on us as outdoorsmen and women. But it also reflects on the reputation of the man who owns the board and magazine.
You are guests here because of his generosity and love of the outdoors and the wanting of all of us to share our knowledge and experiences gained in the outdoors with those who are up and coming. From what I see the posts about wanting accounts deleted, denying freedom of speech etc really show how self centered and childish some of you are. Grow up and act like responsible adults and none of the rules would have to be made or enforced.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
and I'm smart enough to know that when a handful of ignorant members are allowed to slam anyone, and everyone, without getting banned, IT STOPS PEOPLE WHO ARE NEW, OR WHO HAVE NEVER OFFERED THEIR THOUGHTS, TO EVEN BOTHER OFFERING THEIR OPINION. THAT IS, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN MY PROBLEM WITH CERTAIN TYPES OF DISCUSSIONS.

You, and others, think that it is me being sensitive and having hurt feelings, but what you don't take into account is that people PM each other sharing views. You and I pm each other, and share views on threads, so you make a mistake if you think other people don't pm me, and say they agree with my stance.

I also believe this to be the case. There a up to a half dozen members on this forum who seem to have carte blanche to say and do as they please. I'm sure we all know who they are and I too have received numerous PM's stating those facts, as I'm sure others have. My nicknames, using the first initials of their online names, are rude and rediculous.

One thing I've noticed, those same folks haven't contributed to this thread???
Old 12-13-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We've been receiving far too many complaints from the general public regarding the general discussion forum. If it continues, we will have no choice but to remove the General Discussion forum from the Alberta Outdoorsmen forum.

And therefore, please keep this in mind:

- Any topics/posts or discussion that includes race, ethnic groups or Religion are NOT acceptable and can result in a loss of message board privileges not excluding permanently. This is NOT the forum for such discussions.

- Political discussion will be monitored closely. At the first sign of a political discussion going sideways, which may include fighting between forum members, flaming of political parties or individual politicians, the thread will be immediately deleted. Forum members that abuse this rule will lose their forum privileges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
There is no need for a back room forum. You want to discuss sensitive subjects that have no relevance to the outdoors, there are plenty of other forums for that. You want to watch members take shots at each other and argue, there are also plenty of forums for that or go watch UFC.

The Alberta Outdoorsmen forum has always been transparent and dedicated to providing a venue where Alberta Outdoorsmen / Outdoorswomen can come to discuss issues that pertain to the outdoors. Having a "back room" detracts from those objectives of being transparency and informational.

Too many people like to hide behind their anonymity. People need to step back and realize that if you are unable to post something that benefits the reader, don't post at all. Pretty simple.

Morb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
Please remember that all the negativity, religion bashing, Political bashing, fighting amongst ourselves, name calling etc reflects not only on us as outdoorsmen and women. But it also reflects on the reputation of the man who owns the board and magazine.
You are guests here because of his generosity and love of the outdoors and the wanting of all of us to share our knowledge and experiences gained in the outdoors with those who are up and coming. From what I see the posts about wanting accounts deleted, denying freedom of speech etc really show how self centered and childish some of you are. Grow up and act like responsible adults and none of the rules would have to be made or enforced.

Thank you Morbius and lilsundance, this explains the reasons very well and clearly.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
One of my first posts in this thread was His forum his rules and I deeply respect the job the mods do here. But, this thread is now futile, you have posters deliberately bumping this thread in the hopes to stir more trouble, people talking about the pms they are receiving, a quick check on their account will show that's not true!
And then there's you calling someone self centred and childish, why not just take the high ground remove the guy and ignore it?
This thread won't help Robs reputation or AO, sad, but true.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
people talking about the pms they are receiving, a quick check on their account will show that's not true!
Huh??
How do you know what PM's people are getting or not getting??
Not even Mods can see/read PM's. Only the highest level Admin can, and that can only be done after installing a hack add-on and reading directly from the data-base.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Banned

Just a thought.
To all those complaining how this is censorship and that those who don't like it should go elsewhere.
The same can be said for you...if you don't like what the mods are doing...there are other forums out their for you to whine on and stir the ****pot.
I'd like to think this was a forum that my kids, 12 & 14 and budding outdoorsman can frequent...but the idiocy perpetrated by a number of, dare I say it...*******s here precludes me from telling them about this otherwise very worthwhile forum.
So if you don't like the rules...bitch elsewhere and don't let the door slam you in the ass as you leave!!!!
'Course people like you only think of yourselves...it's the trolls way.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Just a thought.
To all those complaining how this is censorship and that those who don't like it should go elsewhere.
The same can be said for you...if you don't like what the mods are doing...there are other forums out their for you to whine on and stir the ****pot.
I'd like to think this was a forum that my kids, 12 & 14 and budding outdoorsman can frequent...but the idiocy perpetrated by a number of, dare I say it...*******s here precludes me from telling them about this otherwise very worthwhile forum.
So if you don't like the rules...bitch elsewhere and don't let the door slam you in the ass as you leave!!!!
'Course people like you only think of yourselves...it's the trolls way.
And other people and their children if allowed ?? read this ^^^^^^^^
Closed Thread