Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2015, 05:15 PM

Default Alone

Took me awhile ,it was 2yrs october since our son was taken from us,it is a little easier,the lo life got to walk on a decision by jury.our problem since day one people it seems have drifted further and further away,close neighbors 2 doors down donot call,even some family it seems stay away.starting to get pretty lonely.anyway i just had to say this,at least for now this helps,thanx for lending an ear
Old 12-12-2015, 05:23 PM

Sorry for your loss , take control, them doors swing both ways ?
Old 12-12-2015, 05:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear. I can't relate to the loss so I won't even try. I can relate to the lonliness and the problems that come with it. I hope it turns around for you. My guess is people have drifted because the don't know how to help or what to say.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Banned

Sorry for you loss bear_crossing, not sure what to say other than folks can be odd at times. Perhaps it is because they do not know what to say to you and they are uncomfortable. They don't want to come off saying the "wrong" thing not realizing you just want them to say something small, not them trying to "fix" a problem.
It happens when people die or divorce that are close to you...you really find out who your TRUE friends are in these cases.. I don't know your circumstances but I don't think they are trying to alienate you, they just don't know how to approach..You are never alone..but sometimes it feels like it...
Old 12-12-2015, 05:39 PM

Vent away fella. Talking about life's hurdles always makes it feel easier.
The waves of pain never seem to go away.. But they don't seem to crash as often. As time continues on. Those waves will keep coming, forever, but you just seem more prepared for them as they arrive. Sometimes it's their birthday, or Christmas that digs the deepest, but, it does get easier..
I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:46 PM

Where are you located ? Maybe go for a coffee and donuts or beer and wings. Nobody should be lonely in a world that's overpopulated.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:00 PM

Sorry to hear, Bear. I lost my baby brother (I refer to him that way -- he was 29 at the time) almost 4 years ago, and have felt quite isolated since. I think some people find it difficult to talk with you when it happens, and then forget to talk to you later on. Either way, I can name a bunch of people who I haven't heard from since. Family is over 3000 km away. I only see them occasionally (though I do call my parents regularly). My naturally extremely introverted personality and other issues I've had to deal with personally have generally meant that I have somewhat isolated myself over the years, too. Just one person (a great friend from work) has been consistently there for me through it all.
I'm not going to give you the cheesy clichés, because I'm not sure myself that they're completely true. I will say that if you're in the Calgary area and you want to get out for some birds or some fishing, I'm happy to have you along.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 12-12-2015, 06:57 PM

I'm sorry for your loss Bear. I hope people around you wake up, see your pain and start interacting with you.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdep View Post
Sorry for your loss , take control, them doors swing both ways ?
x2 Hope things improve for you.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:14 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Sorry for your loss, talking and reaching out helps.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-12-2015, 08:47 PM

Everybody is different. I know when my daughter passed away I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE OR HEAR FROM ANYBODY. When the funeral day came and I seen and talked to people I felt so good.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear crossing View Post
Took me awhile ,it was 2yrs october since our son was taken from us,it is a little easier,the lo life got to walk on a decision by jury.our problem since day one people it seems have drifted further and further away,close neighbors 2 doors down donot call,even some family it seems stay away.starting to get pretty lonely.anyway i just had to say this,at least for now this helps,thanx for lending an ear
Hey bear...no need to feel alone, I can't imagine how you feel,but I am just a pm away from listening.
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-12-2015, 09:51 PM

Sounds like you are ready to get out and start re-establishing relationships and that is a huge step towards healing the hurt. When our family/friends are struggling to know what we want, and remain silent because they are sensitive to our fragility, it is time to take the initiative and make the first move. Time to invite yourself out for coffee.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
When our family/friends are struggling to know what we want, and remain silent because they are sensitive to our fragility, it is time to take the initiative and make the first move. Time to invite yourself out for coffee.
Ah. The voice of an extrovert. Not once, in a million years, would I think of imposing myself on someone else like that. Perhaps the OP has similar values?

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 12-12-2015, 10:14 PM

You are not alone, lots of us are here, including myself. PM is always available, I can even give a reference!! More to the point, if you are in deep southern Alberta I'll even spring for a coffee!

I can not begin to imagine your pain, but reaching out is an option. {{Hugs}}
Old 12-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear crossing View Post
I have followed your thread.

I do not know the outcome of the trial; it will never be what you want.

I believe you are in the Edmonton central area?

Contact 911.

I never meet the one you lost, but did meet a friend.

I can’t be the friend but they are out there.

I hope the grandchild is well.

If I remember the history he had a child I hope this child is well, if I am wrong forgive my assumptions.
Remember .
Old 12-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear this bro.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:57 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I can sort of relate. I lost my mother 2 yrs ago and was her sole caregiver. Alone now, and some days it hits pretty hard. I was so used to taking care of her.