Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2007, 01:28 AM
gunner 83

Default IMHA scrapped

so what i get out of this is that the IMHA is dead and Ted Morton is officially the man

apparently a politician who knows whats up gets things done? could it be??

here is the link

www.brooksbulletin.com/news/sports.asp?itemid=61254
Old 03-18-2007, 10:13 AM
ex811

It's a good day for all Albertans when equality prevails over inequality dicated by race. I'm sure that some of our Metis will fight Mr Morton and the courts on this issue, thats sad. Gotta like a politican who stands for all Albertans rights, not just a select and ungratefull few. I wonder if Pearl Calahasen knew the writing was on the wall when Mr Morton was given this Ministry, the fact that we don't hear from her could indicate her lowly standing within this government or that she knew this was a bad thing from the start.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 AM
M70

Sounds like good news. Powley can now be dealt with in a more reasonable manner in this province. The proposed Hunting, Fishing and Trapping Heritage Act, I'm optimistic about as it will entrench rights for us all. Hopefully, the proposal is something that will firm up our rights for the future. To assume that the Native aspects of hunting have been dealt with for good is doubtful though. I hope that the First Nations and Metis components that are sure to be incorporated, will be fair to both Native and Non-native hunters. I would highly doubt that there would not be a racial aspect to the Heritage Act bill. That is reality.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:14 AM
303 Brit

Ditto M70, well said. One of my hopes is that the provisions dealing with Native/Metis hunting rights, in addition to restricting their scope so that they are more in line with Powley and the tests set out in that case, is that they will contain some reporting provisions, so that when an animal is killed for subsistence the kill must be reported so that useful data can be collected and tracked.