Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-23-2018, 10:10 AM

Default Bushnell Rifle Scope Warranty

Well, got to try out the Bushnell warranty. Found a heck of a sale about 15 years ago on Bushnell products so I bought 5 Bushnell Banner 6x24x40 Adjustable AO scopes with Mil Dots for my various light kicking gopher guns like 22 RF, 17 HMR. As one would expect, the glass was good and clear to about 20 or so power, after that it got a little hazy. Since you shoot gophers in bright sunlight, there was never an issue with being able to see well. After all these years, and a lot of use, one of them started to get REALLY hazy above 20 power and noticeably hazzy and indistinct anywhere above 12 power. I own or have owned most makes of scopes at one time or anther, outside of Vortex scopes, where I returned 4 in less than 6 months from date of purchase, this is the first scope I have had to send in for repairs since sending in an original Redfield 30 years ago.

Pulled up their online return form, sent it to Ontario along with a cheque for $10 to cover return shipping, had to pay $14 to ship it there. So for $24 I got a brand new scope in the mail about 4 weeks after first sending it out. Pretty good turnaround and result in my books, only things is, they didn't tell me what caused the problem with the original scope. Seeing as how I have 4 more of these I emailed them to see if they can let me know what the issue was.

Their 3200,4200 and 6500s with the Mildots are on my longer range harder kicking varmint guns and they are noticeably better in all regards than the Banner. Some of them are over 30 years old and never had a failure.

Whether they do or don't respond or are able to tell me the cause, they definitely stood behind their Limited Lifetime Warranty. So for those of you asking which scope to buy, Bushnell stands behind their gear, and they lasts really well in the right application for what was a very inexpensive scope.

Anyone else have experience with Bushnell?
Old 06-23-2018, 12:30 PM

Had a pr of binos that got water in them. They sent me a new set but it took 2 or 3 months.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:53 PM

Have had numerous bushnells over the years, probably 25 or 30 of them, only had one go bad, it was second hand when I got it, actually was an old Bausch&Lomb which they promptly replaced with a nice side focus 4200 4x16x40 Bushnell. That was about 8-10 years ago. Decent optics for the price. Had more problems with Leupold for twice the price for glass that wasn't any better at least to my eyes.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Had a pr of binos that got water in them. They sent me a new set but it took 2 or 3 months.
You were lucky, mine took 4 months and several phone calls....I simply couldn't get them to focus; no damage, no dropping etc.

Unless things are different now, I will buy all Leupold.

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:19 PM

Default warranty

I have had a similar good experience with Bushnell warranty. Bino's broke strap attachment. 4years old. New pair in the mail. Awesome service!