Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Still so tough to watch that.. I dont recall, did they finish that game?
I’m not sure if they finished that game...
Old 02-15-2020, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
You guys need to take the jerseys off... This isnt about a Oiler or a Flame or a Bruin.. This is about a repeat offender taking 2 extremely sharp knifes and kicking a opponent in the chest with them. Any of you guys watch the other video from the Blue line cam? Watch that one and tell me this guy deserves to continue playing this year.

https://www.nhl.com/video/kassian-su...0360/c-5254446

And in case any of you so called hockey fans need a reminder.....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...7nako1_500.jpg

Look at that last picture and tell me again how this isnt a big deal.
Yup, pretty much everything that was said on the NHL video I had brought up on the Kassian thread before the video came out.

You really are just wasting your time trying to enlighten oiler fans though.

It's like trying to educate horses. You can keep buying them books, but all they'll do is eat the covers.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Yup, pretty much everything that was said on the NHL video I had brought up on the Kassian thread before the video came out.

You really are just wasting your time trying to enlighten oiler fans though.

It's like trying to educate horses. You can keep buying them books, but all they'll do is eat the covers.
He got 7, if you dont like it appeal it.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 02-15-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:06 PM

Neal out still? That turd needs to get 2 more goals. He is doing this on purpose I swear. Kosk starting?? Whoa bold move.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2020, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
He got 7, if you dont like it appeal it.
You don't follow or read well at all do you? I said he should get at least 5.

Soooo... I should appeal for it to be lowered???? I'm sure you've tried, as an oiler fan, for his suspension to be reduced. How exactly does a homer fan like yourself go about the process?

Oilers fan, sheesh. How'd the cover taste by the way?
Old 02-15-2020, 02:52 PM

Good 1st period. Kosh is playing well.

By the way, there is a Kassian dedicated thread if you are so inclined to hold an attempted murder trial here on the internet. Take all bickering, insults, theories, opinions over there so if it goes sideways that thread can shut down instead of this one.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:08 PM

Always amazes me how many empty seats there are Florida games. Aren't tickets like $2 and the place is still 20% filled.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Always amazes me how many empty seats there are Florida games. Aren't tickets like $2 and the place is still 20% filled.
Floridians like to do Floridian things. Going to a hockey game is last on their list of want to do’s.
It not like Edmonton or Calgary where there is nothin to do. They could give the tickets away and it would be the same.

Are the lightnings turn outs any better?
Old 02-15-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
20 years ago my brother was in Florida on a golf trip. He went thru the Mac Donald’s drive thru and ordered a Big Mac meal. Looked in the bag and there a Panthers ticket included with meal. He went back and bought 3 more meals and the group went to the game that night.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:46 PM

A couple years back if you brought a non winning state lottery ticket to the game they would exchange it for a ticket to the game.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:08 PM

Well good on them doing what they can to get butt's in the seats cause this game is a snoozer. With them having to do all that to get bodies in the stands, why would they add another team, instead of moving teams like this.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Still so tough to watch that.. I dont recall, did they finish that game?
Jaimie, what’s your view on Chara’s cross check to the throat? A 5,000.00 fine is a joke. Yes kicking with a skate isn’t the best idea by any player. 7 games is fair. If he injured the Tampa player 7 games isn’t near enough but there was no injury. And I’m an Oilers fan through and through.

SO if Kass comes back and throat check someone is that 50 games or 5,050.00?

Chara should have gotten 10 games for using his stick as a weapon. Crush that kids Adam’s apple and we’ve got another Dave Manson. Could of been life changing. And Charas stick work was with intent to injure.

The NHL player safety is a joke.

BW
Old 02-15-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Jaimie, what’s your view on Chara’s cross check to the throat? A 5,000.00 fine is a joke. Yes kicking with a skate isn’t the best idea by any player. 7 games is fair. If he injured the Tampa player 7 games isn’t near enough but there was no injury. And I’m an Oilers fan through and through.

SO if Kass comes back and throat check someone is that 50 games or 5,050.00?

Chara should have gotten 10 games for using his stick as a weapon. Crush that kids Adam’s apple and we’ve got another Dave Manson. Could of been life changing. And Charas stick work was with intent to injure.

The NHL player safety is a joke.

BW
If Kassian comes back and throat checks someone it will be more than 12 for sure. It would be the idiots 6th suspension. I don’t think Chara has ever served a suspension of any kind. That’s why just the fine. It’s not hard to understand this. Kassian has had numerous priors. Just ask Sam Gagner...

As for Dave Manson he’s not debilitated. Lol. That punch just ruined a possible singing career...
Old 02-15-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
If Kassian comes back and throat checks someone it will be more than 12 for sure. It would be the idiots 6th suspension. I don’t think Chara has ever served a suspension of any kind. That’s why just the fine. It’s not hard to understand this. Kassian has had numerous priors. Just ask Sam Gagner...

As for Dave Manson he’s not debilitated. Lol. That punch just ruined a possible singing career...
So because Charas never been suspended before he gets away with a cross check to the throat? He didn’t use his stick for its intended purpose. His intent was to injure. Seems Parros has his favourites.

BW
Old 02-15-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
So because Charas never been suspended before he gets away with a cross check to the throat? He didn’t use his stick for its intended purpose. His intent was to injure. Seems Parros has his favourites.

BW
Well past priors are past priors and dum dum was just ruled upon a month ago for a two gamer. He needs to wake up and play the game. Kassian’s skate ended the career of Dave Boland. While accidental, that right there should always be fresh in his mind. You can look that up...
Old 02-15-2020, 04:41 PM

4-1 Oilers whoop whoop.

Good game boys!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 02-15-2020 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Well past priors are past priors and dum dum was just ruled upon a month ago for a two gamer. He needs to wake up and play the game. Kassian’s skate ended the career of Dave Boland. While accidental, that right there should always be fresh in his mind. You can look that up...
I’m not defending Kass. He got what he deserves.

So next flames game Larsen throat checks chucky, you’re good with a 5000.00 fine? I know I am.

BW
Old 02-15-2020, 04:47 PM

Should hear Evander Kane’s tweet......
He’s 100 bang on.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:49 PM

Good team game in Miami today. 24 games left they need 15 more wins. They continue to play as a team we’ll be close.

If they play the canes the same way they played the panthers they’ll come home with 70 points. Great road trip.

BW
Old 02-15-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Good team game in Miami today. 24 games left they need 15 more wins. They continue to play as a team we’ll be close.

If they play the canes the same way they played the panthers they’ll come home with 70 points. Great road trip.

BW
Fingers crossed. Carolina is a better team than Florida though...
Old 02-15-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I’m not defending Kass. He got what he deserves.

So next flames game Larsen throat checks chucky, you’re good with a 5000.00 fine? I know I am.

BW
Yes because I’m an oilers fan Lol I’m just teasing. No it should be suspendible play. But at times they take into consideration the culprit. It’s not right but they do..
Old 02-15-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Fingers crossed. Carolina is a better team than Florida though...
Key to Carolina is a relentless forecheck to force errors on their defenders.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:

So it was accidental but should count as part of his past .

Truth is Parros either suffered a lot more damage to his grey matter with that whack the ice gave him or Kassian has pics of him with a goat. His discipline has been ridiculously inconsistent.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
So it was accidental but should count as part of his past .

Truth is Parros either suffered a lot more damage to his grey matter with that whack the ice gave him or Kassian has pics of him with a goat. His discipline has been ridiculously inconsistent.

No I’m not saying that. I’m saying that he should know exactly how dangerous and career ending a skate slice can be. This ain’t rocket science. His skate ended a career already. If anyone should care or be extra careful it should be him. But I always though he was dumb. He can barely form two sentances together...
Old 02-15-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Just because Chara hasn't been given a suspension doesn't mean he didn't deserve them. Pacioretty hit. Gallagher cross check. NHL must be afraid of him too.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:33 PM

I don't think any of here that doesn't think Chara got away with one there. For sure should have got more.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
No I’m not saying that. I’m saying that he should know exactly how dangerous and career ending a skate slice can be. This ain’t rocket science. His skate ended a career already. If anyone should care or be extra careful it should be him. But I always though he was dumb. He can barely form two sentances together...

So he fits some of the posters here then? Actually Kassian isn't a dummy in street clothes at all. Done some dumb stuff on the ice yes. He's not alone there.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I don't think any of here that doesn't think Chara got away with one there. For sure should have got more.
It’s a 4 gamer in my books. Buy maybe the chel needed the money instead... lol
Old 02-15-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:

BW

Nice luxury the Oilers have with 2 of the top 5 forwards in the game. Draisaitl with another 2 points today. Real good game defensively. Gawd help the Oilers if anything happens to him as well.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:52 PM
Banned

Drai - Nuge - Yammy line chipped in for 7 points today