Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Yes Biden is a moron. He panders just like our very own beloved Trudeau virtue signaling as he feeds into every woke, activist and special interest sometimes at the expense of another special interest group. Who is offended by this? who cares what these guys proclaim? How does that hurt YOU?

But as long as he's an equal offender, I could care less what day is proclaimed to be on what day really ... I could care less - it doesn't offend me one bit as I am a sensible person with common sense.

.... after all are we, in this thread, saying that one group (a specific religious group) should take precedence over a different religious group? Or that a religious group (which is a special interest group) should take precedence over another special interest group????

Maybe you think one group is stupid, immoral, etc... but maybe they think the same thing of your group. Who cares ..... we have freedom (in the US and Canada) and we should value that fact.

Seems hypocritical if you think about the point some are arguing here.

We are not about to change the WOKE. We complain about how they get offended by everything, yet here we are, being offended ...... lol
And that’s how the wars started in the past….
Old 04-01-2024, 12:09 PM

Exclamation They don't own the rights to the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Anyone with a clue would just pick a different day, there are plenty left that aren't already special days for many people. Picking a day that is already special to so many people, is just plain stupidity.
Just pointing out that since 2009, March 31 has been a special day to one ostracized group every year.
While the other group only recognized the moving target of March 31 in 2013 and 2024. The next convergence is in 2086...

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 04-01-2024, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
And that’s how the wars started in the past….
Seems like the bulk of wars started over either religion or a land grab.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-01-2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Anyone with a clue would just pick a different day, there are plenty left that aren't already special days for many people. Picking a day that is already special to so many people, is just plain stupidity.
It has always been March 31 for quite some time now. When is Easter next year elk?
Old 04-01-2024, 12:56 PM

Pretty sure Easter changes dates each year so to think this is targeting a holy day for Christians is drawing at straws to be angry about something. While I could give a flying fart about this day I still find the outrage laughable. Who cares, why pay attention to things that don’t affect you?
Old 04-01-2024, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engels View Post
It has always been March 31 for quite some time now. When is Easter next year elk?
I just looked it up and they've had the good sense to move Easter off the transgendered day for next year ....... And it's now on April 20th 2025- so both Christians AND followers of the Ganja 4/20 scene can celebrate together next year!!!! Should be a real hoot sparking one up and searching for chocolate eggs!!!! Mmmmm chocolate.....

Last edited by Scott h; 04-01-2024 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
Pretty sure Easter changes dates each year so to think this is targeting a holy day for Christians is drawing at straws to be angry about something. While I could give a flying fart about this day I still find the outrage laughable. Who cares, why pay attention to things that don’t affect you?
And yet , here you are
Old 04-01-2024, 01:28 PM

Yes Easter moves slightly each year, which is why it would make sense to have their day a week or two one way or the other, so it never falls on Easter Sunday. When you plan ahead, you see these things.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree. But like I said, Biden is a moron.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:10 PM

Sleepy Joe not smart enough to plan anything. It took the brain power of California Kamala and she wrote it on big Q cards for Joe to announce
Old 04-01-2024, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Sleepy Joe not smart enough to plan anything. It took the brain power of California Kamala and she wrote it on big Q cards for Joe to announce
Kamala and brain power in the same sentence. Bold statement
Old 04-01-2024, 02:46 PM

Thought you mighta picked up on the sarcasm.......
Old 04-01-2024, 07:12 PM

Default This About Say's It All

vote.jpg

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Old 04-01-2024, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

We are not about to change the WOKE. We complain about how they get offended by everything, yet here we are, being offended ...... lol
The woke are not to be offended, not so for anyone else. Thing is many are offended by this but are stifled. Why should they be marginalized in preference of a woke minority.

Pretty soon we will be celebrating a National Pedophilia Day if this nonsense keeps going.

The divide and conquer strategy of putting people into groups is extremely divisive for society. A weakened fractured society becomes prey for the opportunist.

Personally I would prefer a unified society first and foremost rather than a society made up of myopic special interest groups only concerned with their own agenda, if they step on others to get their way it is a windfall to them even if they censor and offend others to get it. This is not about equal rights, it's about one groups power and influence to stifle another group.

If one looks at history when a society reaches a state of debauchery, loss of morals, loss of social conformity and patriotism all sponsored by ruling governments tends to lead to the malfunction and collapse of said society.

Enjoy the decline.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
The woke are not to be offended, not so for anyone else. Thing is many are offended by this but are stifled. Why should they be marginalized in preference of a woke minority.

Pretty soon we will be celebrating a National Pedophilia Day if this nonsense keeps going.

The divide and conquer strategy of putting people into groups is extremely divisive for society. A weakened fractured society becomes prey for the opportunist.

Personally I would prefer a unified society first and foremost rather than a society made up of myopic special interest groups only concerned with their own agenda, if they step on others to get their way it is a windfall to them even if they censor and offend others to get it. This is not about equal rights, it's about one groups power and influence to stifle another group.

If one looks at history when a society reaches a state of debauchery, loss of morals, loss of social conformity and patriotism all sponsored by ruling governments tends to lead to the malfunction and collapse of said society.

Enjoy the decline.
Exactly.

If I didn't know better, I would swear the governments are promoting themselves as saviors and protectors to small minorities, and then trying to grow those (voting) minorities into a majority.
Slow process, but I'd say if that is their plan, it's working.

There's an old saying that I'm fond of, "Stand up now, or kneel down later".
Quite fitting.
Old 04-02-2024, 02:35 AM

I really don’t care about the issue either way, but want to address this post because it made me chuckle as I read it.

Quote:
Surely they are offended by things, like many others. All are people.

As far as relevance to this particular case is concerned, who is being marginalized? Is something being cancelled or is someone being shamed for celebrating anything they want to celebrate? I only see one side complaining. Granted, I do not frequent websites/forums where the other may hang out.

Here are the two tweets from Joe from Mar 31:

No idea of the timing (this is the first time ever I clicked on Joe Biden’s account on Tweeter), aside that the one below was posted first. Not sure if it matters at all though.

Here is one of the messages from Trump on Truth Social (first time ever (probably last) I was at Truth Social). He had a dozen or two (or more?) messages on that day mostly complaining by the looks of it. But this one is the Easter one:

Again, I do not subscribe to either of the men, but Joe’s posts seem to be reasonable. Donald’s post is wacky. Nothing to do with Easter. Joe wishes Happy Easter to those celebrating, Donald says it to everyone (or does he say it to anyone at all?). Why would I wish Happy Easter to my arbitrary friend Mohammed or -insert Hindu name or any other who subscribes to something else or nothing at all-? Granted, Donald’s post is likely to be mostly (or exclusively?) seen by the folks that subscribe, maybe?

Anyway, don’t see anything wrong with Joe’s message(s).

Quote:
Here you straight up equating the whatever they call themselves group to people committing horrible crimes, hurting children, just doing despicable things, yet you feel you are being marginalized. Weird, no?

Quote:
I don’t disagree. I mean look at Donald’s post, lol. Then the other group that says they want to be an equal part of the society, along with the majority. I don’t believe they are asking for special treatment, but are asking to be treated as everyone else, with no prejudice, no? Not like pedophiles and other garbage that doesn’t belong in the society, no?

Quote:
This sounds exactly like what they are talking about, no? I mean it’s like it’s to a T, or so it seems to me.

Quote:
I would ask to define patriotism here. Morals is an interesting concept too - probably that’s why laws came about, morals of some didn’t line up with morals of others. Social conformity? This is definitely laughable. The entire advancement of the society is likely indebted to nonconformity. I would think this true to personal, as well as global development.

Don’t get me wrong, I have my issues with different things. Things like a date on someone’s calendar, however, that doesn’t match the colour of mine are not even on my list. I truly do not care. If there is someone out there happens to mark their calendar differently on the date that is most dearest to me… you guessed it, I don’t care. Why would I? If I say to someone Happy Easter and they have a problem with it, that’s their problem, not mine. If someone tells me the same, I say to you as well. If my arbitrary friend Mohammed happens to say Happy Ramadan (or whatever they say) to me, my answer would be the same - that is, to you as well. Happy trans day? To you as well. Happy what the hell ever? Guess what, to you as well!

Last edited by fishnguy; 04-02-2024 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
I really don’t care about the issue either way, but want to address this post because it made me chuckle as I read it.

Surely they are offended by things, like many others. All are people.

As far as relevance to this particular case is concerned, who is being marginalized? Is something being cancelled or is someone being shamed for celebrating anything they want to celebrate? I only see one side complaining. Granted, I do not frequent websites/forums where the other may hang out.

Here are the two tweets from Joe from Mar 31:

No idea of the timing (this is the first time ever I clicked on Joe Biden’s account on Tweeter), aside that the one below was posted first. Not sure if it matters at all though.

Here is one of the messages from Trump on Truth Social (first time ever (probably last) I was at Truth Social). He had a dozen or two (or more?) messages on that day mostly complaining by the looks of it. But this one is the Easter one:

Again, I do not subscribe to either of the men, but Joe’s posts seem to be reasonable. Donald’s post is wacky. Nothing to do with Easter. Joe wishes Happy Easter to those celebrating, Donald says it to everyone (or does he say it to anyone at all?). Why would I wish Happy Easter to my arbitrary friend Mohammed or -insert Hindu name or any other who subscribes to something else or nothing at all-? Granted, Donald’s post is likely to be mostly (or exclusively?) seen by the folks that subscribe, maybe?

Anyway, don’t see anything wrong with Joe’s message(s).

Here you straight up equating the whatever they call themselves group to people committing horrible crimes, hurting children, just doing despicable things, yet you feel you are being marginalized. Weird, no?

I don’t disagree. I mean look at Donald’s post, lol. Then the other group that says they want to be an equal part of the society, along with the majority. I don’t believe they are asking for special treatment, but are asking to be treated as everyone else, with no prejudice, no? Not like pedophiles and other garbage that doesn’t belong in the society, no?

This sounds exactly like what they are talking about, no? I mean it’s like it’s to a T, or so it seems to me.

I would ask to define patriotism here. Morals is an interesting concept too - probably that’s why laws came about, morals of some didn’t line up with morals of others. Social conformity? This is definitely laughable. The entire advancement of the society is likely indebted to nonconformity. I would think this true to personal, as well as global development.

Don’t get me wrong, I have my issues with different things. Things like a date on someone’s calendar, however, that doesn’t match the colour of mine are not even on my list. I truly do not care. If there is someone out there happens to mark their calendar differently on the date that is most dearest to me… you guessed it, I don’t care. Why would I? If I say to someone Happy Easter and they have a problem with it, that’s their problem, not mine. If someone tells me the same, I say to you as well. If my arbitrary friend Mohammed happens to say Happy Ramadan (or whatever they say) to me, my answer would be the same - that is, to you as well. Happy trans day? To you as well. Happy what the hell ever? Guess what, to you as well!
Enjoy embracing the decline. Happy Easter.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:30 AM

Who cares? Over the course of history people get torqued by all kinds of things and usually doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:35 AM

Obviously Biden is cluelss, but I would have thought that the people around him would be smarter than to risk driving away votes by alienating the people that would be offended by this falling on a day so special to them. But in the long run, I actually would like to see him drive away votes, and cause the Republicans to win the upcoming election. This is very much like I want to see Trudeau remain the PM, until he alienates enough voters, to give the Conservatives a huge majority in Canada.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
And yet , here you are
Just pointing out that the rage is silly based on Easter being all over the map year to year, so sorry that you missed that.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Pretty much how I see it.