Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2023, 01:41 PM

Default Greatest season yet!

Have had a super proud season so far. During archery myself and my second oldest managed to call in two separate 5x5 bulls to 8 and 14 yds on the same day about 1.5 hrs apart. Couldnt manage to kill either but still such a great experience!( after the experience he is now hooked on elk calling!) Then Last week my 9 year old practically begged me to take him out so I gave him some quick instructions on how to rake for me and within the 1st hour we hooked another 5x5 bull and pulled him in to 40yds which was plenty close for my iron sighted 45-70. Whole family helped with the pack out as it was 3.5 km from the truck. I was very proud of my #1 & 2 sons (14 and 12) in tackling the job as well as any man I know. My #2 son also killed his first big game animal on opening day with a great offhand shot @ 50 ish yards on a MD doe. Been a great seasons of firsts for our family and still a bunch of tags left to fill! I have called and killed many elk in my life but having my boys learn and share in the excitement has made this season my best so far!
I hope everyone else is having their greatest season yet as well!