Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Banned

Default Colt Python and Desert Eagles

I have been observing this for a while and I thought I should share it and see if I am on this alone. It's about Colt python and Desert Eagle pistols. These two guns are hardly found in the market. I mean, you don't see many people posting them online for sale apart from stores. Anyway, it is my own personal observations and Sorry if you found this post annoying.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:04 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Nice pistols of quality so people hang onto them and they creep up in value too.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Banned

Default Sweet Handgun

I used to own a 357 Colt Python Magnum.

To many they are considered to be the finest handgun ever made. Best words to describe this remarkable handgun are smooth, powerful and beautiful. They are indeed hard to find and they are very expensive but worth every cent! If I didn't live in Canada I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

I used to shoot down trees with mine for the fun of it, lucky there weren't any tree-huggers around at the time haha.

One thing I learned very fast when shooting mine was to hold onto it really tight when shooting it lol
Old 09-21-2018, 07:22 AM

I think there was a desert eagle for sale on gun nutz a few days ago
Old 09-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Banned

Default They are indeed hard to find

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseHunter View Post
I used to own a 357 Colt Python Magnum.

To many they are considered to be the finest handgun ever made. Best words to describe this remarkable handgun are smooth, powerful and beautiful. They are indeed hard to find and they are very expensive but worth every cent! If I didn't live in Canada I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

I used to shoot down trees with mine for the fun of it, lucky there weren't any tree-huggers around at the time haha.

One thing I learned very fast when shooting mine was to hold onto it really tight when shooting it lol
Yes indeed always hard to find
Old 09-22-2018, 10:44 AM

Rare yes but not impossible. I see both a few times a year on CGN. Most of the Pythons are mint/unfired too.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:38 AM

The Pythons are indeed very fine pistols. I have some, the one that I bought to shoot (I am third owner and have history on it) was a special order from the Colt Custom shop with Patridge front sight and Elliason rear sight, and the trigger tuned for bulls eye shooting with lighter main spring. As if a Python trigger needed to be tuned! And yet, it is even 'more better' ! It is perfectly sublime to shoot, far more accurate than my old eyes and shaky hands can shoot...I really can't do it justice, but the action is a thing of beauty. I have a number of S&W revolvers that received the Distinguished trigger job from Murray Charlton (model 14-3, 27-2 5" barrel, model 66, model 657) and while they are fantastic to say the least, they don't compare to that Custom shop Python.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
The Pythons are indeed very fine pistols. I have some, the one that I bought to shoot (I am third owner and have history on it) was a special order from the Colt Custom shop with Patridge front sight and Elliason rear sight, and the trigger tuned for bulls eye shooting with lighter main spring. As if a Python trigger needed to be tuned! And yet, it is even 'more better' ! It is perfectly sublime to shoot, far more accurate than my old eyes and shaky hands can shoot...I really can't do it justice, but the action is a thing of beauty. I have a number of S&W revolvers that received the Distinguished trigger job from Murray Charlton (model 14-3, 27-2 5" barrel, model 66, model 657) and while they are fantastic to say the least, they don't compare to that Custom shop Python.
I see reasons why it keep increasing in Value
Old 09-23-2018, 05:00 PM

If you watch the used gun market. both the Python and Desert Eagle become available fairly often. Python prices have certainly climbed though.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chixfishing View Post
I have been observing this for a while and I thought I should share it and see if I am on this alone. It's about Colt python and Desert Eagle pistols. These two guns are hardly found in the market. I mean, you don't see many people posting them online for sale apart from stores. Anyway, it is my own personal observations and Sorry if you found this post annoying.
On canadian gunnutz in the equipment exchange, there usually is few of both, both are exquisite guns, but I'd say more so with the colts, just bluing alone on an old python, the guys who made these really cared. I'd say the python is by far my favorite handgun, should see if the member on here with the special alberta edition colt would post some more pics of that beauty up here, that is the the pinnacle of quality!
Old 09-24-2018, 01:50 PM

Go new

https://store.prophetriver.com/magnum-research/
Old 09-24-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
On canadian gunnutz in the equipment exchange, there usually is few of both, both are exquisite guns, but I'd say more so with the colts, just bluing alone on an old python, the guys who made these really cared. I'd say the python is by far my favorite handgun, should see if the member on here with the special alberta edition colt would post some more pics of that beauty up here, that is the the pinnacle of quality!
What?? How many times do I have to put those up...?

Honestly, I'm kinda honored that there are so many others that appreciate it as much as I do. It's just so....sexy!

Rather than post all over again, a re-direct to the original thread:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...+python&page=2

Edit: wow, just looked that thread over and was shocked by how many banned members were on it. *sigh*

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-24-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
What?? How many times do I have to put those up...?

Honestly, I'm kinda honored that there are so many others that appreciate it as much as I do. It's just so....sexy!

Rather than post all over again, a re-direct to the original thread:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...+python&page=2

Edit: wow, just looked that thread over and was shocked by how many banned members were on it. *sigh*
If the Flames win the Stanley Cup I think you should just get really drunk and give it to me...
Old 09-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Banned

Did you guys know that the Colt Python 357 Magnum has been used by Border Patrol Officers to shoot out vehicle engine blocks to disable the vehicle?
Old 09-24-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseHunter View Post
Did you guys know that the Colt Python 357 Magnum has been used by Border Patrol Officers to shoot out vehicle engine blocks to disable the vehicle?
Why wouldn't they use the Colt Border Patrol? They're both .357's?
Old 09-24-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
If the Flames win the Stanley Cup I think you should just get really drunk and give it to me...
If I get really drunk when they win (!)....no, still no......

Old 09-25-2018, 06:38 AM

It was worth a shot lol.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
It was worth a shot lol.
Well, anything is for sale if the price is right. But you'd have to want it pretty bad!

Old 02-23-2020, 05:56 PM

Shoot out engine blocks eh? Too much hollywood in your world.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Shoot out engine blocks eh? Too much hollywood in your world.
2 year old thread!?!?!?!

There are no absolutes