Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
2 guys I know had some fun with thieves. 1 caught a guy pushing his new JD mower out to a truck. He jumped on him on a gravel road when he bolted, skinned him nose to knee. When the RCMP showed up he was handcuffed to the deck. I don't think he was even charged, but nothing bad happened to the homeowner.
Second guy was in BC, found out where all his wood working tools were that had been stolen a couple days previous. He found out because he took a ball peen hammer to the criminals toes. Flattened all 10. There was a lot of stolen stuff returned, no RCMP charges to my friend.
I really would like to be walking by the post office with a baseball bat the next time it is broken into.
I admit I would likely go too far as well if I caught someone breaking tinto my home or stealing my stuff.
And what is wrong with going too far if you catch someone breaking into your house/ threatening your family or stealing your stuff?
Why can't we take it as far as we want it too without a problem from the law?
i bet we wouldn't have half the crime we have if we could beat someone into a pulp legally if caught stealing stuff. You don't have these types of issues in some other coutries were they take stealing seriously and punish to the max. Heck some asian countries you can get thrown in jail and beat down for litering....
Old 03-20-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
"He found out because he took a ball peen hammer to the criminals toes. Flattened all 10. "

Hmm. How much were his tools worth? That could have cost the rest of us taxpayers thousands in hospital bills, etc. however, it maybe lowered policing costs.
Good grief.

$40,000+. He is a contractor in BC, they cleaned out his warehouse.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
"He found out because he took a ball peen hammer to the criminals toes. Flattened all 10. "

Hmm. How much were his tools worth? That could have cost the rest of us taxpayers thousands in hospital bills, etc. however, it maybe lowered policing costs.
Lol. Better than turning him into a window licker with a ball peen dent in the forehead. Maybe.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:35 PM
Banned

I often think about taking them for a ride out into the bush, taking their clothes and shoes and make them walk home.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
And what is wrong with going too far if you catch someone breaking into your house/ threatening your family or stealing your stuff?
i bet we wouldn't have half the crime we have if we could beat someone into a pulp legally if caught stealing stuff. You don't have these types of issues in some other coutries were they take stealing seriously and punish to the max. Heck some asian countries you can get thrown in jail and beat down for litering....
Because we are a "civilized" developed country.

While yes, it "seems" like violence would reduce the instances of minor crimes, it would actually increase the potential for serious injury. Why? Because now the criminals would come with an arsenal to steal your stuff. Result? You'd be dead.

And are you really comparing Canada to third world/communist/etc countries. lol..

Oh.. And one quick incident, a coworker of mine from the philipines, his household was robbed while they were inside, there was 15 of his family members sleeping in various rooms in a small house (~800sqft), the criminals pumped the house full of some sort of sleeping gas. Robbed the place of everything, oh just like most families, they had various "hidden" spots with savings, all gone. Is that really the type of society you want to create?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Who gets to prove anyone was stealing from you. Lots of potential for abuse.
"Victim " he took my pack of smokes, he got what he deserved. Cop- OK wheel the body out. Thanks for helping society"
Sarcastic if you need to know.

But this is why we dont leave it up to people who THINK violence will help.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 03-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I often think about taking them for a ride out into the bush, taking their clothes and shoes and make them walk home.
Absolutely, and the drive to Alaska would be a good time for them to reflect on their past misdeeds.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Tie them to a fence post in a pen with a calf, lower their pants and splash some milk between their belly button and their knees. Can' remember where I heard this story, probably just a rural myth.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
And are you really comparing Canada to third world/communist/etc countries. lol..

Oh.. And one quick incident, a coworker of mine from the philipines, his household was robbed while they were inside, there was 15 of his family members sleeping in various rooms in a small house (~800sqft), the criminals pumped the house full of some sort of sleeping gas. Robbed the place of everything, oh just like most families, they had various "hidden" spots with savings, all gone. Is that really the type of society you want to create?
What a terrifying thing. Where would they get the 'gas'?
I just can not imagine what they could do, with victims completely unconscious and helpless.
I hope they were all ok. Was this in Canada?
Old 03-20-2017, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Absolutely, and the drive to Alaska would be a good time for them to reflect on their past misdeeds.
Lots of critters between my house and tumbler ridge. Not much traffic to feel sorry for them. Should give them lots of time to reflect on either being a better criminal or how to make a honest living.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Tie them to a fence post in a pen with a calf, lower their pants and splash some milk between their belly button and their knees. Can' remember where I heard this story, probably just a rural myth.
google Woody Harrelson and Michael Sutherland 'the cowboy way'
Old 03-20-2017, 04:39 PM

Car exhaust would do the trick if you don't care if they do wake up. That is an unpleasant thought now I've had it, I think I'll check the batts in the CO detector.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
google Woody Harrelson and Michael Sutherland 'the cowboy way'
Kiefer Sutherland
Old 03-20-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
Kiefer Sutherland
haha yep, oops. I have seen the Dad in so many movies lately, I forgot about the boy.

sorry
Old 03-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
haha yep, oops. I have seen the Dad in so many movies lately, I forgot about the boy.

sorry
Still wrong. Lol. Donald Sutherland
Old 03-20-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:

sorry
His name is Donald.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
His name is Donald.
Bwahahaha

good grief, Michael Caine!!!

That's who I was thinking of.

I quit
Old 03-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Who gets to prove anyone was stealing from you. Lots of potential for abuse.
"Victim " he took my pack of smokes, he got what he deserved. Cop- OK wheel the body out. Thanks for helping society"
Sarcastic if you need to know.

But this is why we dont leave it up to people who THINK violence will help.

MAC
Well your plan would work better.

Oh wait, you didn't have a plan. sorry.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-20-2017, 06:19 PM

We need a law that will allow the rural people or those more then say 30 minutes from police help. To use reasonable force to protect people and property.

A few stories in the news might slow down the azzhats or maybe not!

BW
Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 PM

Well clearing up the 34,000 cases before the courts. Not dropping hundreds of charges because it's been too long for them to get to court. Actually giving some form of penalties when they do go to court would go a long way in reducing crime. I feel sorry for the cops as it must be pretty frustrating to just keep arresting the same people over and over, and spending hours on paperwork.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:07 PM

Stay out of trouble use the Ralf Klein method ( shoot shovel and shut-up )
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
What a terrifying thing. Where would they get the 'gas'?
I just can not imagine what they could do, with victims completely unconscious and helpless.
I hope they were all ok. Was this in Canada?
Thank God no. It was in the Philippines.. my thoughts exactly, how, why.. just goes to prove, that even though it sucks that our possessions get stolen, it's not a big deal, and it could be alot worse
Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
We need a law that will allow the rural people or those more then say 30 minutes from police help. To use reasonable force to protect people and property.

BW
Ya no.. I travel to all corners of the province, and the farther from civilization... Well, let's just say, there's a reason they aren't near other people.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
I say this without ever hoping to do it. You step on my property intending to harm myself or my family I'll do what's necessary to make sure you don't. If the repercussions are that a judge or jury finds me guilty of any wrongdoing I'm good with that. Not happy but I'll sleep each night atleast knowing I did right!!
I'm sure there is a provision in the Criminal code that allows you to protect yourself and your property in the absence of police protection. Just can't find it by googling. Basically, that's what we have come to.

Story on Global, a busy day in Langdon. 13 cars broken into in one day.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3323015/13...mlet-in-1-day/

Grizz
Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
You may be ten blocks from a cop shop, but that doesn't mean they aren't 30 minutes away.

Canadians simply need more rights to defend people and property. The common misconception that it will turn into a civil war is ridiculous.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:51 PM

Talked to the neighbour across the alley from me this evening. Found out her truck was broken into last night. All small petty things taken (keys, change and some letters). Still a pain to have to change all the locks and having personal documents stolen is unnerving at the least.

Purchased an alarm system shortly after moving in a year ago. Gives peace of mind and with the camera it can capture what's going on at least.

DR
Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 PM

My girlfriend just had a TV stolen from the back of an SUV at the south common Walmart, she was all excited and was on her way back from costco with it. Needed a couple things from walmart came out 15 minutes later and just the tv was stolen, no windows broken, car was locked, she couldn't get the rear hatch open right away so they must have jimmied it somehow.

A couple of years ago my truck window was smashed out while I was away for work, (they missed with the first rock they threw and hit the door) they didn`t take binos or rangefinder that I stupidly left in the truck all they made away with was a set of custom molded earplugs in a pouch they must have assumed was a change purse. The damage to my truck cost more to repair than the TV will to replace, but the feeling of being violated doesn`t change.

In my limited experience it seems like the scum bags are getting smarter, or smarter people are becoming thieving scum bags.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
How do you steal a vehicle from a church parking lot

Like really
I'd start by praying to Jesus that someone left their keys in the ignition. Then I'd be sure to thank God for providing me with new wheels.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Because we are a "civilized" developed country.
This thread is painting an opposite picture.

Quote:
While yes, it "seems" like violence would reduce the instances of minor crimes, it would actually increase the potential for serious injury. Why? Because now the criminals would come with an arsenal to steal your stuff. Result? You'd be dead.
I'm sorry but that's really poor logic, and it's flat out false. These petty criminals are doing what they do because it's easy pickings, and they know the threat of gun/violence against them during these robberies is extremely low because the law favors THEM, not the property owner. There is little to no fear of getting laid out with a couple rounds of buck shot. That, along with knowing that the police are an hour away makes for some ripe targets for them.

I GUARANTEE you if these criminals feared they might get shot the next time they are rooting around a garage, your crime rate would drastically plummet overnight. They would NOT show up to rob your garage with an AK-47 slung over their shoulder. They aren't interested in violence, they are interested in easy pickings. An armed property owner is not easy pickings and they wouldn't risk their lives or have any desire to get into a gunfight over some tools, lawn equipment, or even a vehicle.

Look south of your border in Idaho and Montana to demonstrate what I'm talking about and why you're wrong. Everyone is armed there. Criminals aren't showing up with automatic rifles to steal stuff. They just aren't showing up because they fear getting shot.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 AM

Sometimes locking things up in a rural area isn't enough. If someone is breaking into your house in Edmonton and they have to deal with a locked door your neighbors might see them and call the police or call you. In a rural area where your neighbors can be miles away, a locked door just means you come home to a house broken into and a door that was busted down with a sledgehammer.