Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 PM

Default Spidey.... You feeling better now?

You shoulda had that phone registered to a different address .......

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/local/a...nmore/f1f9ce67
Old 01-07-2012, 11:14 PM

What a dough head. Bet he wont let the kid play with the home again.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:21 PM

He even had a money counter? Good for the buys to catch that POS.

More ammo for stricter laws woohoo!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Banned

If the drug war was over, that guy wouldn't have had 6kg, $3k and a money counter.

He would have had $50 and his freedom.

It is the drug war which creates drug money, violence, and corruption.

You do remember Capone and alcohol prohibition?
Old 01-08-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
If the drug war was over, that guy wouldn't have had 6kg, $3k and a money counter.
He would have had $50 and his freedom.
It is the drug war which creates drug money, violence, and corruption.
You do remember Capone and alcohol prohibition?
Bullchit. He would be dead from the hands of some parent, friend, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin or Clint Eastwood type grandparent of a child he ruined from an overdose, or he would not have paid the bikers, or a vigilante group wearing beret's would be helping clean the scum out of the streets.

Now thanks to us he has a chance for reform, 3 squares and a workout room.

I am still a fan of Survivor Antartica.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Banned

Your response is an incoherent rant.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Banned

Old 01-08-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Your response is an incoherent rant.
Go to bed then, you are tired and can't read english.

You typed babble, I answered in kind.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Old 01-14-2012, 04:30 PM

weed and kratom all the time only time i quit weed is to change jobs and pass a drug test then its smoking daily again once i pass. Kratom is legal does not show up on drug test
Old 01-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Banned

Old 01-18-2012, 05:39 PM

Help, I need money for bail! They only give me one message board post from the remand centre...

Seriously though. A good friend of mine is a realtor in town and has seen his fair share of substances and paraphernalia during showings (not to mention other lude acts).... I'm optioning the right to publish his memoirs.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:04 PM

Well glad to hear you're doing OK in remand Though I should have known better than to start a thread with hemp content.........
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM

Nice bust but come on these are young cats they should go after the big LIONS dealing more serious drugs such as crack, pills, forget about the weed. Cool the way this bust happened as through a 911 hang up call.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:28 PM

I had to google what weed costs, and I came up with $200 an ounce (if that's too expensive or too cheap I'm not highly concerned), that parlays into his 13 lbs being worth roughly $40,000. Couple that with an electronic money counter and this guy wasn't exactly small potatoes. If he gets a real job and pays some taxes we'd not be supporting him with health care and all the other trappings a citizen enjoys that the government (ie: us sorry taxpayers) supply.

BGSH: the cops got this one because he basically handed himself over; they're happy catching big time operators down to smalltimer's. Can't blame them for grabbing the one that jumped into the boat
Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned

http://ca.askmen.com/sports/health/20_mens_health.html

The Benefits Of Marijuana

The state of California's recent step toward fully decriminalizing the possession of small amounts of marijuana with Prop 19 has reignited one of the more contentious flash points in modern society -- where, if anywhere, marijuana has a place.

Few things illustrate the controversy better than a comparison of the web pages that purport to separate myth from fact published by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA). They are almost mirror images of one another, addressing the very same points, but drawing on different studies to reach their preferred conclusions. It's stunning to see how differently these agencies can interpret the same information.

There is a single salvation from this cherry-picking point-counterpoint: the seminal report "Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base." This comprehensive summary of marijuana was written in 1999 by the most highly regarded nongovernmental medical organization in the country, the Institute of Medicine, and it serves as the primary source for the information in this article concerning the risks and benefits of marijuana.

health risk myths & realities
The essential questions are whether the active ingredient in marijuana, a cannabinoid (chemical compound) known as THC, has any medicinal value; whether the risks associated with its use outweigh the benefits; and whether THC answers a need not currently met by any other medications on the market. In the course of that debate, several health risks are often cited:

Marijuana overdose
There is no existing evidence of anyone dying of a marijuana overdose, but this doesn't preclude the possibility of experiencing adverse or unpleasant effects when it is consumed in large amounts. For comparison's sake, alcohol overdoses claim approximately 5,000 casualties per year.This is often cited as a reason that marijuana is safer than other drugs, like alcohol.

Memory
Marijuana does impair short-term memory, but only during intoxication. THC has been shown to have a negative effect on memory, and chronic abuse of marijuana will cause permanent impairment.

Addiction
The DEA's general opposition to marijuana is comprised of 1) that whatever medical value it has is already fulfilled by other, equally effective drugs on the market, and 2) that marijuana is highly addictive.

Both points can be turned upside down: There is already an abundance of drugs that do the same job as products already on the market, and they receive approval anyway. This seems to run contrary to the DEA's first argument. And even a cursory look at many of the Schedule II opiates and amphetamines shows that high addiction potential is not a basis for legal classification of drugs. The point is that marijuana is not physically addictive, and even if it was, the DEA would appear to be quite hypocritical arguing this point.

The immune system
If smoked marijuana were to inhibit the activity of T-lymphocytes in the blood, it would compromise the body's ability to fight infection. This would put some people at the mercy of opportunistic infections and diseases, notably those who have immunosuppressive conditions like HIV or lymphoma.

However, the data does not support this. What it does support -- barely -- is the compromised immunity of the lungs due to the smoke from marijuana.

What are some of the other health effects of smoking marijuana? That's next...

Page 2: What Are The Benefits Of Marijuana?

Heart problems
It is accepted in medical circles today that marijuana use causes no evident long-term cardiovascular problems for normal persons. The DEA aggressively goes after this point, claiming that according to Harvard researchers, in the hour after having smoked marijuana, one's heart attack risk goes up five fold. However, this 'fact' is not properly cited and is indicative of the DEA's sloppy attempts to cite its sources. Marijuana's effects on blood pressure are complex and inconsistent as of yet.

Cancer
Is THC considered a carcinogen (cancer-causing) in humans? Not according to the two most esteemed agencies of relevance, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and the U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP). However, the same cannot be said for smoking marijuana, as the smoke from burning marijuana shares an array of dangerous and potentially carcinogenic chemicals with cigarette smoke. The DPA fumbles here, saying "there have been no reports of lung cancer related solely to marijuana," subtly hinting that it's even possible to determine causation for any cancer in the first place. It should be said that although the DPA's information is generally more reliable than the DEA’s, it does contain its fair share of porous arguments.

The gateway effect
Does marijuana use lead to harder drugs? Most long-term studies show that those people who report having tried disparate drugs like cocaine and heroin often share a history of having smoked marijuana. However, the implication that marijuana causes people to try harder drugs is as yet unproven, and indeed it may act as an alternative to more dangerous drugs.

the potential benefits
No serious proponent of medicinal marijuana would claim it cures anything. Marijuana does, however, treat symptoms -- pain, nausea -- that are caused by a wide range of illnesses.

Pain management
The receptors in the brain that allow uptake of cannabinoids (like THC) are actually part of the most widespread receptor system in the body. Not only is the body naturally attuned to these molecules, it also uses them to great effect -- numerous studies have established that cannabinoids help reduce pain and other distressing symptoms.

Antiemesis
Some chemotherapy regimens are notorious for causing terrible bouts of nausea and vomiting, and both THC and marijuana have been explored as antiemetic (antinausea) medication. Smoking marijuana does give the desired effect in a matter of minutes and could, therefore, relieve the symptom quickly.

the potential drawback
If marijuana becomes fully legalized in plant form and open to commercialization -- a stance largely supported by the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) -- one notoriously vile group of manufacturers is uniquely poised better than any other to take control of the emerging market: Big Tobacco. Having fully established its disinterest in the public health generations ago by the shady promotion of smoking, the idea of Big Tobacco becoming the nation's pot supplier should frighten anyone favoring legalization and regulation.

still much to learn
The dearth of useful clinical trial data -- randomized, controlled, double-blind trials involving large patient populations -- is the biggest hurdle facing marijuana's legitimacy. While numerous smaller tests have been performed that support both sides of the health argument, political and economic reasons will form the primary impetus for the legalization of marijuana. For a state like California, whose budget deficit amounts to billions of dollars, the potential tax revenue from legalized marijuana is a lot of money that is currently going up in smoke.

Sources:

norml.org
justice.gov
drugpolicy.org
nap.edu