Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 PM

Tormund: I killed a giant when I was 10

Lyana: hold my drink

Oh and thanks to the red women and dragons so we could see the battle
Old 05-13-2019, 08:00 PM

Now wasn't that a Bernzomatic episode last night, was a bit surprised who died & who lived to fight another day .... looking forward to see how it all ends.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Now wasn't that a Bernzomatic episode last night, was a bit surprised who died & who lived to fight another day .... looking forward to see how it all ends.
Hell hath no fury like a woman on a dragon scorned...
Old 05-13-2019, 10:06 PM

She said she would break the wheel. No King's Landing, No wheel.

John Snow (the Targarian no less) will rule all of the north and south, beholden to the Queen Damaris.

Damaris will return to where she is loved, of course after taking out that nasty Stark girl who is still up North at Winterfell corrupting John.

Just my guess how things are shaping up.

Drewski
Old 05-13-2019, 10:43 PM

Arya Stark took out the Night Walker King, so this leaves Sansa Starks who will take out Daenerys Targaryen after she went full Mad Queen last night.

D.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Arya Stark took out the Night Walker King, so this leaves Sansa Starks who will take out Daenerys Targaryen after she went full Mad Queen last night.

D.
Sansa got Ramsay Bolton but not by her own hand, that was his own hounds doing the job. Arya would be my first pick as she had the red witch give her a prophecy of a list of eye colors to permanently close. Perhaps Tyrion will be the one as he's often overlooked as a potential threat yet he did in that one prostitute who double-crossed him. All I know it that there won't be much happening the Daenerys when her dragon is beside her. That thing is going to be needing a pretty sizeable meal heavy on fat to replenish itself, a barn full of hogs perhaps...
Old 05-13-2019, 11:15 PM

Arya gave Sansa a knife a couple of episodes back and said " stick it with the pointy end"....hmmmm. Might come in handy.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Banned

Hi, guys.

I just started watching Game of Thrones last year. My girlfriend is crazy about it and now me too. I looked forward to continuing with impatience for season 8, and can’t wait for the next episode. It is so exciting, who will win this battle Daenerys Targaryen or Cersei Lannister.

Does anyone have any idea?
Old 05-14-2019, 05:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Hell hath no fury like a woman on a dragon scorned...
Yup.....the dragon visits once a month.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-14-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckilyWhelp View Post
Hi, guys.

It is so exciting, who will win this battle Daenerys Targaryen or Cersei Lannister.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thinking it won't be Cersei.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
She said she would break the wheel. No King's Landing, No wheel.

John Snow (the Targarian no less) will rule all of the north and south, beholden to the Queen Damaris.

Damaris will return to where she is loved, of course after taking out that nasty Stark girl who is still up North at Winterfell corrupting John.

Just my guess how things are shaping up.

Drewski
I don't think it will be John Snow, he was brought back to life by the Lord of Light, which means he will have a purpose and will likely die once he serves it. That purpose could be to rule the seven kingdoms, but I think his purpose is to kill Drogon. All the dragons need to be dead in order for the balance of power to be equal.

I think Arya will kill the Dragon Queen, based off the prophecy Brown Eyes/Blue Eyes/Green Eyes. Since she didn't kill Cersi, the green eyes must be the Dargon Queen.

My guess for the throne which I think has been destroyed after last episode is Sansa and Tyrion will rule. Or it will be Gendry Barathean.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
I don't think it will be John Snow, he was brought back to life by the Lord of Light, which means he will have a purpose and will likely die once he serves it. That purpose could be to rule the seven kingdoms, but I think his purpose is to kill Drogon. All the dragons need to be dead in order for the balance of power to be equal.

I think Arya will kill the Dragon Queen, based off the prophecy Brown Eyes/Blue Eyes/Green Eyes. Since she didn't kill Cersi, the green eyes must be the Dargon Queen.

My guess for the throne which I think has been destroyed after last episode is Sansa and Tyrion will rule. Or it will be Gendry Barathean.
My thoughts pretty much mirror yours Roderek, except I’m putting my money on Gendry Barathean and Arya together at the end with Gendry ruling.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
My thoughts pretty much mirror yours Roderek, except I’m putting my money on Gendry Barathean and Arya together at the end with Gendry ruling.
Spoiler Alert, Don't Read any further if you don't want to hear rumors that can lead to spoiler.

Apparently there is a show in the works following Arya's Journeys later in life, so it is highly unlikely that she dies or stays to rule.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:11 PM

Wink random career trivia

Who knew?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoT sales.jpg (60.5 KB, 91 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-19-2019, 09:29 PM

That was a surprise, old Drogon melted down the Iron Throne for scrap steel & let Jon Snow live & now he's off to start a new Night’s Watch. Who would of thought that Bran Stark, a.k.a. the Three-Eyed Rave, who can see everything that has ever happened would end up being #1. Long live the king!

Need to watch it again, to see what I missed tonight.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:55 PM
Banned

worst season finale to a TV show that I can remember.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Yup...
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-19-2019, 11:45 PM

Not sure what to think . One of the best series ever with one of the worst endings.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Yup, just as bad as the finale of Big Bang Theory.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 05-19-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Yup, just as bad as the finale of Big Bang Theory.

You meant ALL of the Big Bang Theory Right?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You meant ALL of the Big Bang Theory Right?

Sounds right to me lol
Old 05-20-2019, 02:12 AM

It will go down as one of the best TV shows with the worst ending ever. People will talk about how bad it ended every time it's mentioned.

On the plus side, there is a petition with over a million signatures now demanding season 8 be redone lol, that would be interesting if they considered it.

I wonder if it was due to contracts that they felt the need to rush everything and put it all into 6 episodes, you'd think they'd want more money and do another season??
Old 05-20-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugEye View Post
Not sure what to think . One of the best series ever with one of the worst endings.
Guess you never watched The Sopranos, Dexter or Lost? Lol
It wasn't that bad. I think people are mad because it didn't end up with the characters they thought killing who they predicted, so they complain. If they did though people would say that it was predictable and not like GOT and still complain.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 05-20-2019, 07:18 AM

I cant tell if I'm just mad that it's over or if I'm mad that the last season sucked. Bran was a nice twist but I think I should sign the petition lol.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I cant tell if I'm just mad that it's over or if I'm mad that the last season sucked. Bran was a nice twist but I think I should sign the petition lol.
I had a co worker mention bran would be the king... theres a video floating around of the cast that shows how their all dissapointed in this season as well as the finale.

Had they not waited so long for this season maybe I wouldnt have cared as much.

Too many unanswered questions still. One of the biggest is how did everyone find out jon killed Daenerys.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:19 AM

I think I'd like to see if there's a director's cut of the last season. That might be a lot better.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I had a co worker mention bran would be the king... theres a video floating around of the cast that shows how their all dissapointed in this season as well as the finale.

Had they not waited so long for this season maybe I wouldnt have cared as much.

Too many unanswered questions still. One of the biggest is how did everyone find out jon killed Daenerys.
I was wondering that as well, plus how long were both the little man and John held captive, they both looked like it was a long time? Why did a little guy in shackles manage to talk his wY into everybody voting for Bran when he shud have been pushing for John snow...lots I don’t understand yet with this ending.. and why did the little girl go to where the maps quit??
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 AM

I wondered why Drogon didn't immolate Jon Snow, he really didn't have a reason to hold back. Maybe he was tired of the bloodshed / charring and decided retirement was best. Where does a dragon retire to?

Perhaps Bran was quiet as he was because he didn't want to influence the future that he already knew was coming?

Curious that not one of the people who knew of Jon's rightful claim to the throne mentioned it. As the 'rightful' king he'd have had every right to execute anyone he wanted to, even his aunt Danerys
Old 05-20-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I wondered why Drogon didn't immolate Jon Snow, he really didn't have a reason to hold back. Maybe he was tired of the bloodshed / charring and decided retirement was best. Where does a dragon retire to?

I asked the same thing and my son told me "dragons won't or cant kill Targaryens" and Jon would have been the last one standing??
Old 05-20-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I asked the same thing and my son told me "dragons won't or cant kill Targaryens" and Jon would have been the last one standing??
Apparently, Targarrians can’t die by fire.. John Snow is one, that Dragon wanted to kill him but had to turn the other cheek this time!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip