Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2015, 10:20 PM

Default A Great day with the the BRO and Even a SWIFT FOX

Bro said he would join me on a trip today , of about 600km ....long day, we start out close to 7:00 am get going down the hi way ....ducks seem to be very close to roads chasing each other. Antelope are plentiful again very close too and sitting on the gravel roads. Cock pheasants with ear tuffs up looking totally amazing in the sunlight...animals seem to be out in full force now the wind has gone down, ducks by the thousands, Green heads , blue bills widgeon's, canvasbacks,spoonbills,pintails,and sure I even saw a pair of bluewings...geese flying along side the truck as we look at them , i say to bro its a sign,..WE drive by this one field and i do not think I have ever seen so many gophers standing up..I slow down and back up saying did u see all that we back up a couple hundred yards and look at all the gophers, at any time we could see 50 to 100 standing up and we where in awe,,,than a Badger pops out...how cool was that..we have no guns because of the job I am on. I look over and see a antelope ...something going on between its legs ,I say no dam way a baby already,, I back up and here its got a ball of orange binder twine stuck on its hoofs, I grab the spotting scope and look at her, you can see where the coyotes have try ed to take her down ...i walk out to her ,,she can run three times faster than she can walk...Mother nature will take its course.We talk and I say did u see that ..bro say no ...and he comments I am not listening to him, and my mind is every where else..I comment I can do two thinks at once..I spot a pure white coyote, pull over and want to look at threw the spotting scope,HE SAT AND LOOKED AT ME KNOWING HE WAS SAFE...we came back onto a hi way very close to the USA border and we where talking i look over to his side and say that is a swift Fox, ....never seen it he says. I go down 300 yards and do a poop hook into the ditch and go back slow ,,he has a gopher in its mouth and is trying to hide, I pull out the spotting scope and try to get my I phone up to it to take some pics...never knew till upload time there is water spots on my scope SORRY.. (99.9% of all people looking at this thread have never seen a Swift Fox ,,We where blessed today,,,,this Fox was only a mile away from where I found one a couple years ago and gave it to the F@W

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 04-16-2015, 10:44 PM

Nice pictures/trip report.
Cool looking red fox! just kidding.
Thanks for sharing!