Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 AM

Default Refugee Lawyer's Input on Rushed Refugee Migration.

https://www.facebook.com/CTVNewsChan...43136/?fref=nf

I can see impending law suites against the Federal Government if any Canadians are brought into harms way or develop health concerns due to this irresponsible movement by Trudeau.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:41 AM

Paris.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:58 AM

Default Hmmm

I would tend to agree with article. I support helping refugees. I have sponsored 54 to Canada. All of them have moved forward with their lives and been very successful in improving their lot.
However, I had one refugee experience that speaks directly to this articles point.
Years ago, Canada was involved in Bosnia and to some extent, Kosovo. The Feds started an emergency airlift of refugees (Kosovars) from Macedonia. They were scooped up and deposited in a military camp in Halifax until they had been thoroughly vetted and new accommodations set up for them in various cities in Canada.
My ex-sister-in-law, while not a full sponsor, volunteered to help an extended Kosovar family find their way in Canada.
A long story short...The family signed a document to return to Kosovo 4 days after arriving in Calgary. They weren't happy with their accommodations, etc. The prime instigator was a Calgarian of Kosovar descent that had been hired by Immigration to "help" them. He actually, helped himself. He convinced these refugees that the Canadian government was "holding out on them", cheating them. The refugees returned to Kosovo at the expense of the Canadian taxpayer but not before their "friend" bought 4 houses full of every article, appliance needed to have a home. All of towels, dishes, pots/pans, clothes...were new. Not fancy but new. "Buddy" bought everything for very little and resold it for a windfall.
The refugees used the money to buy electronics they could take back with them to sell in Kosovo.
Here's the kicker! At the last minute, there was a problem. They didn't have enough money to pay for the taxi to take them back to the airport. Immigration gave a voucher for 2 van taxis for them. They needed a third van to help carry all their loot.
That is a true story.

When there is government haste, there is government size waste.

BTW: What about the hundreds of thousands of legitimate refugees throughout the world who have played by the rules, qued up, been vetted and now will be pushed to the back of the line in favor of the Syrians? Are they any less a refugee? Have they not suffered as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Cal View Post
https://www.facebook.com/CTVNewsChan...43136/?fref=nf

I can see impending law suites against the Federal Government if any Canadians are brought into harms way or develop health concerns due to this irresponsible movement by Trudeau.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:05 PM

This woman is 100% correct! One of the biggest concerns - besides the terrorist affiliation- is the health problems. Most of those people have never been vaccinated, lots of them have an exotic desease that we haven't heard or forgot about long time ago! Germans fighting the open form of tuberculosis that is extremely dangerous and super contagious. This issue can be much worst than any terror attack!
Old 11-17-2015, 12:41 PM

Default Vaccines

I can assure you that every single refugee I sponsored had to pass a thorough medical the medical was performed by an embassy approved doctor in whatever city they were in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
This woman is 100% correct! One of the biggest concerns - besides the terrorist affiliation- is the health problems. Most of those people have never been vaccinated, lots of them have an exotic desease that we haven't heard or forgot about long time ago! Germans fighting the open form of tuberculosis that is extremely dangerous and super contagious. This issue can be much worst than any terror attack!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:39 PM

I know that - been there myself. But they won't be able to screen 25,000 - no bloody way!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutLakeJohnnie View Post

BTW: What about the hundreds of thousands of legitimate refugees throughout the world who have played by the rules, qued up, been vetted and now will be pushed to the back of the line in favor of the Syrians? Are they any less a refugee? Have they not suffered as well?

They don't have as good a PR crew as the Syrian migrants so the media don't tell people to care about them.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:03 PM

She stated the case that the bureaucrats in gov't need to emphasize and force on the ideals of Trudeau. Hopefully, I think he is about to embark on a big learning curve on what can be delayed or kiboshed by them.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
She stated the case that the bureaucrats in gov't need to emphasize and force on the ideals of Trudeau. Hopefully, I think he is about to embark on a big learning curve on what can be delayed or kiboshed by them.
Ah no, why? It's too complicated! He will just take more selfies...