Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
They should really settle this right/left thing once and for all time.

Main event
Tucker Carlson vs Chris Cuomo

Undercard
Hannity/Ingraham vs Lemon/Cooper

Winners run the states for the next four.

Watching cable news makes me puke 🤮

Tucker/Cuomo would be fun to watch....for the 6 seconds it lasted. Cuomo fights for fun. Carlsons a noodle armed, poodle walkin dough boy.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
If you decide to ignore science and just go with god and your gut for health policy decisions...... indiana...HIV....

YOu're pretty staunch in your support for your team. Why is it that they are above reproach?

... how's your hydrochloride stockpile doing...? Keep curin man.
His attack was on a guy for being a recovered crack addict. I have a lot of respect for people that have faced their demons and survive. If God helped them so be it, many believe help is there for those that ask. I am one of those people. It had nothing to do with the virus, it was just a vicious attack on another human being.

Since you brought it up, hydrochloride combined with other drugs is now proven effective and used in many parts of the world including many parts of the US.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/u...aria-drug.html

“The F.D.A. warned in April that hydroxychloroquine, either on its own or in combination with azithromycin, should not be administered to treat Covid-19 outside the hospital setting or in a clinical trial, saying it could cause heart rhythm problems.“
Old 05-15-2020, 07:41 AM

The news machine says bars and pubs opened up in the state of Wisconsin yesterday.

I'm staying tuned for people starting to drop like flies there in 2-28 days.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
The news machine says bars and pubs opened up in the state of Wisconsin yesterday.

I'm staying tuned for people starting to drop like flies there in 2-28 days.
So you must be waiting with bated breath for the same thing to happen here then? I’m guessing your hope is that they impose more restrictions again and you have someone back to tell you what to do.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
So you must be waiting with bated breath for the same thing to happen here then? I’m guessing your hope is that they impose more restrictions again and you have someone back to tell you what to do.
Could be that .... or it could be he understands that large gatherings in tight places isn’t the greatest of ideas while there’s a global pandemic going on. Unless, of course you don’t believe in global pandemics.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Could be that .... or it could be he understands that large gatherings in tight places isn’t the greatest of ideas while there’s a global pandemic going on. Unless, of course you don’t believe in global pandemics.
So the assumption is what then? That the government here or there doesn’t have medical professionals advising them on how and when openings can happen so that they minimize the risk presented? I really doubt anyone on this site has access to the information or is more qualified than the doctors and epidemiologists employed by Alberta Health who actually determine these things.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
So the assumption is what then? That the government here or there doesn’t have medical professionals advising them on how and when openings can happen so that they minimize the risk presented? I really doubt anyone on this site has access to the information or is more qualified than the doctors and epidemiologists employed by Alberta Health who actually determine these things.
I’m not picking up what your putting down.

If your advocating listening to expert scientists and evaluating their opinions to set your strategies then I’m all in.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Tucker/Cuomo would be fun to watch....for the 6 seconds it lasted. Cuomo fights for fun. Carlsons a noodle armed, poodle walkin dough boy.
Cuomo is an idiot.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-15-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Cuomo is an idiot.
As opposed to Carlson?

Come on man lol.

They are all just windbag opinion artists trying to rile people up.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Sarcasm....

People aren't going to start dropping like flies there.....
Old 05-15-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
As opposed to Carlson?
As opposed to anyone.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:55 AM

An article I read that I found interesting at least he supports his case.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...e-whole-thing/
Old 05-17-2020, 08:01 AM

Well, 0.00003% of Alberta’s population has died from this pandemic, and half of that number are in hospital. This is approaching violent gun crime status and human deaths from chronic wasting disease.

If the money used on this thing was sent to study disease actually killing people it might have done some good.

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 05-17-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
An article I read that I found interesting at least he supports his case.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...e-whole-thing/
What an excellent article.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-17-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Well, 0.00003% of Alberta’s population has died from this pandemic, and half of that number are in hospital. This is approaching violent gun crime status and human deaths from chronic wasting disease.

If the money used on this thing was sent to study disease actually killing people it might have done some good.
So what you are saying is what the government has done is working. Flattening the curve. Gotcha.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
So what you are saying is what the government has done is working. Flattening the curve. Gotcha.
Would you like to buy some dinosaur repellent full refund if you experience dinosaur issues well wearing my products

Same protocols with added restrictions were used in the areas like NY , Italy, and Spain and results were not too stellar

Some of the greatest success stories with Covid19 also had very minimal restrictions like S Korea and Australia

Results seem to vary enough that the success and failure of controlling Covid19 is not to do with partial or full lockdowns

Now are precautions working in Canada or is it our population density is lacking compared to the areas with major out breaks?

Last edited by Smoky buck; 05-17-2020 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

I just hope this doesn't spill over and fish can get it.....then I am screwed.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-17-2020, 11:45 AM

At Rona this morning, they don’t offer tap at the till. Why?, ‘because we are an American company’. Hours later, I’m still perplexed. Was I insulted?
Old 05-17-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Would you like to buy some dinosaur repellent full refund if you experience dinosaur issues well wearing my products

Same protocols with added restrictions were used in the areas like NY , Italy, and Spain and results were not too stellar

Some of the greatest success stories with Covid19 also had very minimal restrictions like S Korea and Australia

Results seem to vary enough that the success and failure of controlling Covid19 is not to do with partial or full lockdowns

Now are precautions working in Canada or is it our population density is lacking compared to the areas with major out breaks?
Looking at the daily statistics for these places, most did have a similar shaped curve to ours, despite the numbers being higher. They may have peaked at a higher number of cases per day, but the shape of the curve seems quite similar, which would suggest a similar R value for how many cases each current case leads to. Could the different overall numbers be more closely related to how soon social distancing measures were taken?
Old 05-17-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
At Rona this morning, they don’t offer tap at the till. Why?, ‘because we are an American company’. Hours later, I’m still perplexed. Was I insulted?
If you are worried use your keys to press the buttons Or carry a pen

Every business I have been to sanitized the debit machine between every customer. If you are worried about the lack of tap you should be far more concerned about all the merchandise and high traffic touch points not being cleaned in every store

Don’t go to a store with my wife she will point out all the possible contaminated touch points that lack cleaning you have been ignoring.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
Looking at the daily statistics for these places, most did have a similar shaped curve to ours, despite the numbers being higher. They may have peaked at a higher number of cases per day, but the shape of the curve seems quite similar, which would suggest a similar R value for how many cases each current case leads to. Could the different overall numbers be more closely related to how soon social distancing measures were taken?
Keep looking and you will find extremely mixed results with lockdowns/social distancing. Control of possible outbreak from international travel through struck quarantine and stopping non mandatory international travel are the only truly effective things that are proven truly effective. Population density is another big factor

Mentioned in another thread it’s pretty clear once Covid19 reaches a point it basically needs to run its course and even lockdown doesn’t stop it.

Social distancing is just dragging it out and likely doing little to change long term numbers
Old 05-18-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
"...Peak prosperity did a really good review and shoot down of the recent claim that HCQ
doesn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLSYRqcg0wo Turns out it wasn't
a study but rather a review of clinical info. rather than a controlled trial. In the summary the
authors claim HCQ actually caused more deaths but buried in the report they admit that
HCQ tended to be used on more severe cases so there was built in bias right from the get go.
There is a lot of politically motivated "science" and reporting going on right now. Beware.."
Trump's reveals he has been on HCQ and Zinc for a few weeks now..
Listen from @134:50 - 138:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU4S7p5PLOw
(turn vol up)

Last edited by tri777; 05-18-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Cuomo is an idiot.

But Carlson isn't.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:

I wonder if you'd have a different opinion if you lost someone close to you.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:25 PM

Last edited by Glion; 05-18-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:12 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I wonder if you'd have a different opinion if you lost someone close to you.
I have mentioned that many times....and yup,they would but it would be that more should have been done etc....these people are never happy....brief case full of 100 dollar bills and still complain it's too heavy....meh.

I will social distance and carry the brief case too

Old 05-19-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Keep looking and you will find extremely mixed results with lockdowns/social distancing. Control of possible outbreak from international travel through struck quarantine and stopping non mandatory international travel are the only truly effective things that are proven truly effective. Population density is another big factor

Mentioned in another thread it’s pretty clear once Covid19 reaches a point it basically needs to run its course and even lockdown doesn’t stop it.

Social distancing is just dragging it out and likely doing little to change long term numbers
This is what’s keeps some scientists up at night. Let’s hope it isn’t the case for this virus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BECA0CF1-75C7-4AC4-894D-7FCB5181C3F5.jpg (31.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-19-2020, 12:51 PM
Banned

Arrow

More than 100 million people in China's northeast back under lockdown to thwart potential second wave

China's swift and powerful reaction reflects its fear of a second wave after it curbed the virus's spread at great economic and social cost

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...under-lockdown
Old 05-20-2020, 02:10 PM

Default perhaps another bout.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...cid=spartandhp