Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2020, 06:58 PM

First I heard of that story ^. I like a happy ending like that.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-12-2020, 07:01 PM

Since he killed a doctor, I'm thinking another doctor would not testify that he was out of his mind if he really wasn't?
If he knowingly took bath salts or something that could make him crazy then its his responsibility.
If he knowingly did not take his medication for his condition then its his responsibility.
But can't he be crazy and not know he is crazy? Isnt the trouble with them is they think they are normal and everybody else is crazy?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
If he knowingly did not take his medication for his condition then its his responsibility.
But can't he be crazy and not know he is crazy? Isnt the trouble with them is they think they are normal and everybody else is crazy?
Either way. He's not fit to be around other humans again, if it happened once it can happen again. Put him down.

I have a good dog. If my dog mauled a person (or brutally killed a person) I'd put him down. I care about my dog much more than I do about this psycho.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I can't imagine having the forethought to smuggle in a hammer and machete while waiting you turn for an appointment would not demonstrate absolute certain intent but if it doesn't, all is lost...
^^^^
What he said!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:50 PM

Default Numbers35:16-17

But if someone strikes and kills another person with a piece of iron,it is murder,and the murderer must be executed.Or if someone with a stone in his hand strikes and kills,another person,it is murder and the murderer must be put to death.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:36 PM

But! Here in Canada you can cut the head off someone in a Greyhound bus, and plead " I'm sorry I did not take my meds!" and walk within our selfs! So he will get off! This sh=t has to stop!
Old 08-12-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
But if someone strikes and kills another person with a piece of iron,it is murder,and the murderer must be executed.Or if someone with a stone in his hand strikes and kills,another person,it is murder and the murderer must be put to death.
x2
Old 08-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattery1 View Post
Cop on scene should have give him 2 in the chest and 1 in the head when he threw the hammer. Got to wonder if the outcome and arrest would have been different if he was white. I would think that most Police officers have the fear they will be the one that has to shoot a black person and suffer the wrath of the BLM movement and subsequent riots.
While I agree that its best dealt with promptly and when there's circumstances for a 'good shoot' that by all means the officer should defend themselves and the public, it really shouldn't be on the police to do what the legal system has been failing to accomplish for many years. Just as I cheer when the police perforate meth-head car thieves who are using stolen vehicles as offensive weapons, I'd grant the same applause had it happened to that fellow. There have been a few such examples in town in the last number of years, one was where the car thief/methie was trying to escape & evade by hiding with his stolen car in a self-serve car wash bay slightly off Richmond Rd & 37th St SW, the perp had a cop (on foot) in front of him and he hit the gas, the cop shot accurately and won. No court expenses & the best type of outcome for the worst level of society. But I underscore that shouldn't be the only way, the courts fail the public miserably time & time again.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattery1 View Post
Cop on scene should have give him 2 in the chest and 1 in the head when he threw the hammer. Got to wonder if the outcome and arrest would have been different if he was white. I would think that most Police officers have the fear they will be the one that has to shoot a black person and suffer the wrath of the BLM movement and subsequent riots.
Absolutely correct sir
Old 08-12-2020, 11:02 PM

^ x3
Old 08-12-2020, 11:19 PM

Combining the hammer and machete and the fact he used them in an unprovoked attack to me means first degree murder. Though as a person who promotes the right to self-defense and who would support lawful CCW in Canada, there is a difference between having a weapon as a means of self-defense versus having a weapon and using it in an offensive manner against someone who was posing no threat whatsoever to you. The difference is all in the intent.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:53 AM

This is an article from a South African news paper. The poor family. Seems like his brother was also murdered in the old country.

https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...linic-20200813

His 71-year-old mother, Muriel Roberts, told the Afrikaans publication that she had spoken to her son mere hours before the incident. This is her second son who was murdered. Her youngest son, Edwin, was shot in a robbery at the Zwartkops racecourse outside Pretoria in 2007 and he later died in hospital
Old 08-13-2020, 05:51 AM

Default Sad

There is nothing worse for a parent than outliving your children.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
This is an article from a South African news paper. The poor family. Seems like his brother was also murdered in the old country.

https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...linic-20200813

His 71-year-old mother, Muriel Roberts, told the Afrikaans publication that she had spoken to her son mere hours before the incident. This is her second son who was murdered. Her youngest son, Edwin, was shot in a robbery at the Zwartkops racecourse outside Pretoria in 2007 and he later died in hospital
The irony being, an educated professional flees reverse racist South Africa, only to be murdered by a Black, in racially tolerant Canada.

Grizz
Old 08-13-2020, 06:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I said it earlier....plead insanity....out in 5-7 years......just gotta stay on meds

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-13-2020, 07:36 AM

You know, I have "NEVER" seen a person, with a brain malfunction cured. The brain is too complicated. And drugs don't help because it takes someone to administer them.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The irony being, an educated professional flees reverse racist South Africa, only to be murdered by a Black, in racially tolerant Canada.

Grizz
Lets just keep letting them in................our own fault, we must keep everyone happy and everyone has rights,,, BS
Old 08-13-2020, 12:55 PM

The part in the article that caused me to spit out my drink was when the accused said "I'm sick, i want a doctor" like, sure, we just saw how that worked out.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:11 PM

I'm not buying it. How do you go get a machete and hammer, get to the office, wait in the waiting room, and go into the doctors office without attacking anyone else if you're crazy.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-13-2020, 01:39 PM

Angry This is what happens when you enable criminals

Anyone know why are we reading the motive for this heinous attack in a South African news report? Has it been covered by our local propaganda...ah, er, news, agencies?

FTR- the murderer should have been aerated on the spot.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 08-13-2020, 02:12 PM

The “I’m sick, I want a Dr” quote brings up the response “Nobody cares”. I don’t expect medical Dr’s to be lining up to treat the psychopath, but of course there will be some psychiatrists who will figure that he’ll be A-OK to release in about 3 years, just remember those meds!! Of course his meds will be self-administered on the honor system....