Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2019, 01:00 AM
Banned

Default Best inner Metatarsal boots

So, anyway, I’ve dodged having to buy these up until recently and am now required to get them. Ive read lots of bad reviews on these internal ones, because the guard rubs on the top of your foot. I have no idea where to begin, anything in particular to look for when buying these? Would I be wasting my time trying to find them in Lethbridge, or would cowtown be a better bet? They don’t appear that overly common. Any advice would be grately appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

Last edited by wildbill; 01-18-2019 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:49 AM

I imagine internal metatarsal wouldn’t be that comfortable. Any boot with the outer should be fine. Every work store carries a couple models usually dakotas.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:16 AM

Default boots

A lot of the guys i work with wear internal met guard Dakotas. they say they are comfortable, one has a season on his and the rubber is seperated in one place
Old 01-18-2019, 11:01 AM

Depends on the type of boot you prefer. For lace ups, the Dakotas worked for me while I couldn't stand the others, and the externals (not add ons) got caught under cable trays, tubing etc.

For rubber boots (similar to Dunlops) the only ones I've found are the Cofra's. I use them a few sizes too large for winter so as to allow Bama's, redheads and wicking socks. Going from indoor to outdoor a few times induces sweating however, so... pays your money, takes your chances.

I wish Viberg would make an internal metguard boot. I'd spend the stupid amount of money if they fit like the other Viberg's.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:24 PM

I've been through a number of these dreaded things over the past 3 years. I've got wide feet with a flat arch, finding something that works for me has been a real chore and only gotten worse with met guard restriction. The met guard rubber and winter boots are terrible. Had 3 pairs of regular boots (STC, Terra and Dakota) that caused a ton of toe pain because the boots were so rigid that on lifts from the floor all my weight was transferring to my toes. Our local Mark's carries about 25 different pair. Every year I try on everything in the store just to see what is new. I'm finally in something I'm really happy with. Bought a pair of Unik boots in fall and they are probably the best boots I've worn in the last 5 years. They have an ankle lock design that takes a bit of getting used to, but the sole/insole is comfortable and the met-guard feels almost non-existant. Not cheap by any means, I think they came to $330 after a 25% discount. But I'm definitely going to be sticking with them from now on.