Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM

Default Boyds IMO crappy customer service

Place a order mid to late Jan for a Thumb hole Varmint for my Weatherby Varmint Special in .223. I received a phone call the same day saying due to my request for engraving they would have to cancel my order and re submit it as two orders to get past the $100 boarder rule. Fine by me. I receive an email a couple days later telling me the same thing. Tell the gentlemen via email that I had already talked about it over the phone to one of their sales reps.

A week later I email him again asking about the stock and he tells me it has shipped.

Fast forward to today. Still no stock so I contacted the via phone again, she says she has to check with the shipping department and will call me back. A hour later she calls me back. The order was canceled, never re ordered and NEVER shipped.

I am not happy and am now looking for a new stock. Any ideas?
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM

I recently sent 2 emails to them about a problem I had & they didn't even respond to either of them...not impressed! But I did get my stock, oh & it was the wrong color.

And I just sent them a link to this thread but I doubt they will care.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend

Last edited by teledogs; 03-18-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:16 PM

Customer service goes a LONG ways with me. I know the stock I settle for won't be what I want. But they had a chance to get my money.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:36 PM

Interesting, I've bought a couple stocks from them and had nothing but extremely fast helpful trouble-free service.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM

Kind of on the fence now with ordering one, lol
Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM

Ordered mine and was here in 10 days!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:46 PM

I ordered a stock for a 10/22 about 3 weeks before X Mas and it was here in about 10 days, i wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeneil View Post
I i wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
x2
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM

I have ordered two stocks from them. Fast service no problems. Will order again.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 PM

I have ordered from them as well and again no issues...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM

As above,ordered a stock through Boyds and it was here in no time. I would do so again
Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM

Those that say fast service... is this done by over the phone ordering... or the website ordering?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Those that say fast service... is this done by over the phone ordering... or the website ordering?
Call them. If not they will be calling you anyways, lol.

I am in no way telling you to not order from them. I just have a bad taste in my mouth right now. I will more then likely order it again when I get back from Vegas next week, lol.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM

But I do like my stock.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 PM

Ok guys, let's say I do keep my panty's in a knot. What other options do I really have?

Doesn't really have to be a thumb hole stock. Would prefer wood or lamb. If it was syn it would have to be camo.

And, go!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado04 View Post
Interesting, I've bought a couple stocks from them and had nothing but extremely fast helpful trouble-free service.
x2
I've always recieved the things I ordered in about 10 calender days... no issues.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:10 PM

I just ordered one today for my 22mag. Hopefully everything goes good.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKing View Post
Ok guys, let's say I do keep my panty's in a knot. What other options do I really have?

Doesn't really have to be a thumb hole stock. Would prefer wood or lamb. If it was syn it would have to be camo.

And, go!
your stuck with boyds, because they are the only ones with the price low enough to beat the excise permit.
i just got a stocky's, looks great, a bit more money, and i had to pick it up in sweetgrass from the shipping house and bring it across myself.
i know a gunsmith with a stock duplicator, if you could get your hands on the one want, but it's gonna cost you more, lee.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 PM

Has anyone ever got an unfinished one?
They sell them and say they leave the inletting to the customer but I don't know if it comes with the wood finished or if I'll have to oil it up myself
Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 AM

I've never ordered one completely unfinished, but I have ordered 4 or 5 that were semi-inlet...finished them up myself. came out great.
I've done another 5 or 6 that were already finished...I even went and stripped a finished one so I could Tru-oil it the way I wanted it.
Although, I've never had any issues with Boyds over the last 10 years at all, one of my buds did.

He got a laminated stock for his son. He was doing up a rebarrelled 98 Mauser 300 WM for him when the stock arrived, he found out that it was oversanded in one very noticeable spot....the botton metal area.

It left the metal too proud. He took a few photos and sent them to Boyds.
Boyds called and E-mailed him several times to get the problem solved. They bent over backwards to help him out.
They even went as far as to halt their production run and did a stock up to fit his metal measurements !!!
Throughout their conversations back and forth, he mentioned to Boyds that he was also doing up a Grohman hunting knife for his son and he'd wondered if he'd be able to buy a couple pieces of the pepper laminate for handles...to match the stock.
They sent him several pieces of pepper laminate along with the new stock....@ no charge !! They even told him to keep the original stock and maybe use it on some other Mauser project in the future, hard to beat that kind of service anywhere. That says an awful lot about the company right there !!
I'll continue doin buisness with them in the future...just wished something could be done about that stooopid effen 100.00 limit tho!!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM

Default No Issues with Boyds

I recently ordered several stocks from Boyds only thing I dint like was 10 different orders all to keep them under the 100.00 mark and all were in stock and shipped and recieved in 9 days no issues for me with their product.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
I did it all over the net and it was fast...
Old 03-19-2013, 12:08 PM

I've ordered 3 stocks from Boyd's all with no problems.
I tried phoning once to inquire about engraving, I'm sure I was talking to most disinterested person I have ever encountered, she told me its not possible to order a stock with engraving because of the limit.

Richard's microfit has no dollar limit, they ship as "wooden sporting goods" however Boyd's has much better quaility.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Boyds is not better quality than Richards microfit. They are just finished better. I have several stocks from Richards and they all turn out great. They have a better selection than boyds and better color options. The wait tim is not what I call quick though.