Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-14-2013, 06:40 PM

Default Hoyt CRX Cam Lean at rest

I have a Hoyt CRX 32, I took it into get looked at today after having some issues paper tuning. The tech noticed my Top Cam has a very slight lean in it at rest. Does anyone know if that is normal or should the cam be vertical at rest?? The bow has the Fuel Cam 1/2 system. The bow shoots great, but knowing this now I can't help but wonder if it's slightly out of tune.

Now since we don't have any Hoyt dealers in the Edmonton Area, I don't have an instant answer if the Top cam should have a lean at rest or be vertical. I sent an email to Hoyt Customer Service just before this, but I don't expect an answer til next week. But there are enough knowledgeable guys on here I hope someone has an answer

Stik'em
Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Most likely not.

I used to worry about it too until a shop owner told me that you need to have it fully drawn on a tuning board to evaluate cam lean. If it shoots great don't worry about it until you can get it into a shop and have it checked.

Sherwood Park is open till nine isn't it? Or maybe Lost Arrow can add something??
Old 06-14-2013, 08:34 PM

Cam lean should be evaluated at full draw....many bows have can lean when the bow is at rest.

LC
Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 PM

Take it to Dallas at Sheewood Park Archery lanes. He used to deal hoyt for a long time he would probably be the most knowlageable.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:57 PM

100% normal on hoyts to have cam lean at rest especially on the roller guard bows that add extra riser torque. If you lay an arrow on the top cam it will lean towards the roller guard, So if your right handed it will look like this \ at rest. Get the arrow to cross the string around the d-loop is a good starting point. Make sure your center shot is put back to between 7/8" and 3/4". Then a little yoke tuning will clean up any left/right tears. Left tear add twists to the left yoke and remove from the right and vice versa for a right tear. If you are still having problems its a draw length or spine issue.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:31 AM

Great, thanks guys...I shot a few arrows this morning already, like I said shooting well, but I noticed my bottom cam leans in towards my bow hand, is it normal for something like that as well? Case by Case?

I got a response back from Hoyt they said pretty much exactly what HoytAlpha said Thanks ...I feel like such a rookie now, always relied on shops and just shot...like driving a truck for years and letting the mechanics touch it then all of a sudden wanting to do it your self and not really knowing much.

Stik'em
Old 06-15-2013, 03:15 PM

Again Thanks for the tips guys, got the answers I was hoping for went and shot today no problems, as soon as the weather clears going to see how she's shooting for 60yds, got up to 40 today arrows flying straight and true!!

Thanks to Blake at WSS for the help friday as well!!

Stik'em