Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-09-2013, 07:38 AM

Default Creed or Helim

Time for a change and thinking about updating my bow. I currently shoot a Matthews Drenalin and I'm thinking about switching to either the Creed or the Helim. Just looking for some pros or cons from guys that have shot either or both.
Thanks for any help
Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 AM

I can't say much about the Heli'M just that it is scary light. Almost too light for my preferences.

I bought the Creed however and let me tell you this bow shoots lights out. It's my first Mathews, so I've got nothing to compare it too.
pro's - light but still holds well on target.
no vibration on the shot
whisper quiet
looks sweet with the split limbs
fast 328 fps
single cam - no worry about sync
Cons- none that I can think of.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:16 AM

the only way to know is to go shoot both if you can make it to a shop that carries both. everyone has personal preferences with their bows and really the choice comes down to what your preference is.
i personally took the heli-m over the creed, i preferred the draw cycle more than that of the creed.

either way you are getting a great bow
good luck
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM

I shot all the Mathews bows and ended up with the chill, I think its all personal preference get what feels the best
Old 06-10-2013, 08:40 AM

... Trying to be bias..the Drenalin was one of shooters all time favorites as a matter of fact we still have many shooters that refuse to give up their Drenalins...and are still shooting them as their main bow...and most have test shot the newer bows...

That being said with a few innovations like the dead stop and Reverse assist roller guard ...just that factor makes the draw so smooth and effortless with no big valley...

The Reverse Assist was the only resaon I gave up my Reezen..[Prior was Drenalin] which up to the HeliM was my all time favorite Mathews bow ...

The HeliM is now my all time favorite bow ever...even thou its very lightweight shoot it very well...I wasnt a big fan of the Z7 or Xtreme and although close to Z7 they are night and day...it has all I want ...I am also not a big fan of draw stops but with the draw stop its a smooth draw into a solid wall which is an huge asset and i actually like this one...[first I liked since the outback]...

The Creed is an all together different creature also..most either love it or hate it...Im not a fan of slit limbs on solo cams [which are already an issue on some] if the HeliM shooters shot it well the Creed didnt really offer them anything new..it is heavier, slower, has split limbs and huge cams and idler...also morte expensive...

However the mentioned above combined make the Creed a smooth shooter for those upgrading or first time shooting a Mathews...

Best thing I can recomened is shoot the three together and let the bow pick you...you will know instanly which she is...
make sure all are in your draw though...some demo bows are 29" only and if your 28" or 30" for example...the bow will not be comnfortable at all and its not a fair test..

JMHO
Neil
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 AM

Thanks for all the tips guys. I think I'll take my bow with me and try all 3 together.