Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-14-2017, 07:52 PM

Default Can someone help me post some pictures here?

I caught a beauty of a pike from the North Sask River this weekend and I want to share photo's with you guys to prove there are still some impressive fish in this system despite all the questions about it's health.

This pike was 36" on the nose, estimated conservatively in the 9 to 10 pound range. This fish was thick, I have pictures on my phone and can PM my number to anyone who can help post the pictures to this thread, and they can post them here on my behalf.

I don't want to pay 400$ for photo bucket or what have you, I would rather someone trustworthy just PM me and I can text the pictures to you and viola.

PS: The fish was returned fully healthy, I stood with her nose to the current letting her get nice and fresh before she kicked out of my hands and took off for the deeps. I wish i could have got a full profile photo of me standing with the fish but I wanted to handle her as quickly as possible, as it was middle of the afternoon on a hot august day, didn't want to be playing with her too much after a tough fight. Sometimes you have to take one for the team I guess! Too bad I was alone, I wish someone would have been there to see the expression on my face when I got a look of this fish as she came to the surface the first time. I was using 15 pound braid with a 15 pound Flouro leader for walleye fishing, NO idea I was going to hook into this thing!

So anyways, please PM me if you're able to post pictures here and I will text you them right away! I know some of you are already doubting me (who the hell gets a 10 pound pike inside city limits?!) and I'm very eager to show you all that there truly are river monsters right in our back yard!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:47 PM

Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 PM

Thanks PineLakePerch!!!!

And everyone here excuse my dumb look, I had just fought the biggest fish I have ever caught in the North Sask and I was literally shaking. That wide-mouth stare was stuck on my face the rest of the weekend!!!

I have been fishing this river since I was a kid and I've only heard rumors of fish like this. To finally tie into one, especially at a spot that I discovered myself, is just extra rewarding!

Next on the bucket list: I want to catch a Sturgeon from the North Sask. I have all the gear, just need a guide.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:09 PM

Default Can someone help me

Nice pike!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:21 PM

Default Please remove this thread, have started a new one.

Thanks man! I started a new thread, if someone tells me how to delete threads I will delete this one as its now obsolete.