Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-17-2013, 07:51 PM

Default Sighting in Bow

Hey guys, I'm just getting into bow hunting and bought a Bowtech Assassin a few weeks back. I have been shooting pretty good with it, but just a question on how to adjust the sights when shooting high or low. I have the stock apex sights on it but I was curious do you move the whole sight up or down or each individual pin?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM

It depends on how far out it is. I put my 40 yard pin in the center of the sight then move the sight till it's good. Then move each pin individually . That's how I like it to look when looking though the peep.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Hey guys, I'm just getting into bow hunting and bought a Bowtech Assassin a few weeks back. I have been shooting pretty good with it, but just a question on how to adjust the sights when shooting high or low. I have the stock apex sights on it but I was curious do you move the whole sight up or down or each individual pin?
First off.....I adjust my 20 yard pin. To adjust you move the pin to the arrow....so if you are shooting high move your entire sight set up....till your 20 is on (hopefully it falls somewhere in the top 3rd of your sight) then adjust the rest of the pins individually from there.

I don't use a peep though.

LC
Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielbowhunter View Post
It depends on how far out it is. I put my 40 yard pin in the center of the sight then move the sight till it's good. Then move each pin individually . That's how I like it to look when looking though the peep.
x2. That is how I do it.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:39 PM

I bottom out the 60 yard pin and set it by moving the sight then move back in to 20 ,that way you can keep the pins as low ad possible for a cleaner view
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
First off.....I adjust my 20 yard pin. To adjust you move the pin to the arrow....so if you are shooting high move your entire sight set up....till your 20 is on (hopefully it falls somewhere in the top 3rd of your sight) then adjust the rest of the pins individually from there.

LC
This is what I have been doing all along. I set my wife's bow up this way as well as a few of my buddies bows.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielbowhunter View Post
x3
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 AM

...Basically the same..On a five pin the 40 yd pin middle of sight ..
On six between 40 and 50YD pins middle of sight...7 pin the 50 would be middle...then shoot your longest pin and make sure you have room and pins are not to low...than site in 20..then 30...pending on bow speed and poundage the other pins can be moved to a close guess-ti-mate by adjusting remainder of pins close to same gap between the 20 and 30 pin..

The lower the speed and poundage that gap will slightly increase with the more pins you have...between each

JMHO
Neil

Last edited by L.O.S.T.Arrow; 06-18-2013 at 09:47 AM.