Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Default 2008 Mattews Drenalin vs The new bows

I have a 2008 mattews drenalin and really like the bow. I feel confident out to 50 yards. Are the new bows out there much better. I see they may be a little faster but how much flatter, or harder do they really shoot. Is it worth my while to look for something better.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:30 PM

If your confidant and you like it, I don't see there being a reason to get a new one
Old 06-09-2013, 02:50 PM

i wouldnt bother with a new bow. if you really look at the way things have been going the last few years in archery, nothing has really changed.
what i would do is put on a new set of strings and cables (worlds best).
maybe a new stabilizer, sight, rest quiver, ect. those are the things that have made some progress. IMO.
-marc
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM

Drenalin is a sweet bow. If you like it and it shoots well for you don't change.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 PM

I went from a 2007 Drenalin LD (maybe 2008 cant remember) to an Elite Answer and I can tell you there is a world of difference. My Mathews was at 72 lbs, and when I shot my new bow they said the Answer was at 71 lbs and I call the guy a liar. If felt so light and smooth in the draw there was not way it was at 71, he took me back and showed me and sure enough it was at 71, his scale wasn't our because I had my mathews there and we put it on the scale right after and it showed 72. Also quite a difference on speeds as well, same arrows out of the bows, mathews was 286 fps, answer was 299 fps.

A hunter is more than a predator, a hunter is a provider...a caretaker...a leader.
I will never make excuses for who I am... It's the way I was born... I'm a
hunter... A BONE COLLECTOR!!!"
Old 06-10-2013, 01:10 PM

Trying to be bias..the Drenalin was one of shooters all time favorites as a matter of fact we still have many shooters that refuse to give up their Drenalins...and are still shooting them as their main bow...and most have test shot the newer bows...

That being said with a few innovations like the dead stop and Reverse assist roller guard ...just that factor makes the draw so smooth and effortless with no big valley...

The Reverse Assist was the only resaon I gave up my Reezen..[Prior was Drenalin] which up to the HeliM was my all time favorite Mathews bow ...

The HeliM is now my all time favorite bow ever...even thou its very lightweight shoot it very well...I wasnt a big fan of the Z7 or Xtreme and although close to Z7 they are night and day...it has all I want ...I am also not a big fan of draw stops but with the draw stop its a smooth draw into a solid wall which is an huge asset and i actually like this one...[first I liked since the outback]...

The Creed is an all together different creature also..most either love it or hate it...Im not a fan of slit limbs on solo cams [which are already an issue on some] if the HeliM shooters shot it well the Creed didnt really offer them anything new..it is heavier, slower, has split limbs and huge cams and idler...also morte expensive...

However the mentioned above combined make the Creed a smooth shooter for those upgrading or first time shooting a Mathews...

Best thing I can recomened is shoot the three together and let the bow pick you...you will know instanly which she is...
make sure all are in your draw though...some demo bows are 29" only and if your 28" or 30" for example...the bow will not be comnfortable at all and its not a fair test..

JMHO
Neil
Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM

Thank you for the replies. I think I will just tune mine up and keep using it.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Throw on a new custom set of Worlds Best Strings [only string manufacturer that has truly solved the mathews serving seperation issue]

Spec tune bow maxed out...add two twist to cable, spec tune BH and Cam alignment..twist so alinment marks are high towards string and ATA is slightly [1/16] short...

check draw weight...bow can be fully spec tuned and still be low in poundage...add more twists to cable and re-apec specs until bow is 1-2 lbs over rated...

and that bow will be better than factory...
JMHO
Neil