Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 AM

Default 44 days and counting

I can't wait for April 1. The new fishing season begins. I know that the fishing in April isn't what it is in say..mid July. But at least I'll be out doing what I like best. I've been tying up a few flies. Cleaning up my gear.
One thing new for me this year will be my new fishing partner. 2 and a half year old daughter. I'm sure my trips with her will be shorter than I would normally do, but I'm looking forward to it . One of her first word combinations was 'rainbow trout'. She loves adventuring with daddy and I'm sure she will enjoy 'fishing'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHSk...e_gdata_player
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM

Hey Man, I hope we can finally hook up for a day. We should be down that way again for week in August.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM

Best post I've read all day. Good on you for getting her out. My one and only regret in this life is being 5000ks from my grandchildren and not able to take them fishing, camping or hunting. My grandson actually get upset with me when he sees I've bagged a deer. Lol.. City kid with the Bambi syndrome . I do fly the oldest one out , he has been out here twice and I have taken him fishing, he loves it. Not still the same as being there an able to take them when I want to. So hats off to you and I'm sure you will walk in big boots as far as your daughter is concerned.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM

Thats great your lil one enjoys fishing. My favourite fishing partners are my 13 yr old son and my 8 yr old daughter. The boy took to the fly rod last year and on his very 1st cast....nymphing.....caught his 1st rainbow, looked at me and said fly fishing is easy!!!!!! 2nd cast he hooked himself right in top of his hoody! I got skunked in the 2 hours we were out and im still hearing about how he out did me!!!! Good luck this year
Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM

she is too precious, should be a great season for you, have fun.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Best post I've read all day. Good on you for getting her out. My one and only regret in this life is being 5000ks from my grandchildren and not able to take them fishing, camping or hunting. My grandson actually get upset with me when he sees I've bagged a deer. Lol.. City kid with the Bambi syndrome . I do fly the oldest one out , he has been out here twice and I have taken him fishing, he loves it. Not still the same as being there an able to take them when I want to. So hats off to you and I'm sure you will walk in big boots as far as your daughter is concerned.
I've been 5000km from my two youngns(13yo girl,10yo boy) for wayyy too long,20 months we've been "on a break".That's all changing next week,givin it another go,wife n kids land on 26th,can't wait to drag him all over these mountains,share all the natural beauty of this province,teach him to cast a fly,gut a deer,call a moose,ride a dirt bike.....lots of lost time to make up for,but gonna have a helluva time trying.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
I've been 5000km from my two youngns(13yo girl,10yo boy) for wayyy too long,20 months we've been "on a break".That's all changing next week,givin it another go,wife n kids land on 26th,can't wait to drag him all over these mountains,share all the natural beauty of this province,teach him to cast a fly,gut a deer,call a moose,ride a dirt bike.....lots of lost time to make up for,but gonna have a helluva time trying.
Good for you guys!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
That's good to hear, hope everything works out for you. I, unfortunately don't have that option, I would go back today but usband says over his dead body. I keep telling him we can arrange that. Lol.
Money, but is it worth it, dunno, sometimes I think not
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Banned

Hey well thanks,we're all pretty excited about it.....er...at least me n the kids are,haha.