Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-21-2019, 09:49 PM

Default Sig p320

Anyone own one? I just bought one last night after mulling it over. A few friends have them in the full size service frame. I bought it in the Xcompact. I’m trading my G43 in for this as an off duty carry piece. (Was also thinking bout the P365 but this is just a wee bit bigger and fit my hand better). Haven’t shot it yet but so far the trigger seems phenomenal with dry fire. The flat trigger Breaks around 90 degrees and the trigger reset is quick! Sure hope work changes things up and goes away from the DA/SA 226/229. Wouldn’t be so bad if we had SRT triggers but man that trigger is a loooooooong pull!
Old 09-01-2019, 08:06 AM

I have both the standard 320 and the X5. I’ve put thousands of rounds through both and they have been ultra reliable. I put in the Springer Precision 1911 style guide rods and their extended mag release. Their triggers are decent for a striker fired pistol but they are no tuned 1911. I’m tempted to upgrade to the tungsten infused grip module that is being offered on their Legion model that was recently introduced but I’m pretty happy with what I have now. I had to buy a different holster for the X5 as it has a slightly longer barrel and slide.

There was a bit of a concern about the drop tests that had been conducted and posted online but Sig through MD Charlton who is the Canadian distributor, took care of things for me. In fact the trigger upgrade made the trigger feel much better than the X5 pistol that I purchased later.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M70 View Post
I have both the standard 320 and the X5. I’ve put thousands of rounds through both and they have been ultra reliable. I put in the Springer Precision 1911 style guide rods and their extended mag release. Their triggers are decent for a striker fired pistol but they are no tuned 1911. I’m tempted to upgrade to the tungsten infused grip module that is being offered on their Legion model that was recently introduced but I’m pretty happy with what I have now. I had to buy a different holster for the X5 as it has a slightly longer barrel and slide.

There was a bit of a concern about the drop tests that had been conducted and posted online but Sig through MD Charlton who is the Canadian distributor, took care of things for me. In fact the trigger upgrade made the trigger feel much better than the X5 pistol that I purchased later.
Yeah a couple friends of mine who are Glock fanboys are making fun of this gun. When I went through a sig armorer course last July the agency rep showed us everything they had done to solve that problem. Amazingly enough a lot of it came from the weight of the trigger... I checked my s/n on the sig website to see if I needed to send it in for the upgrade and it was built after they remedied the issue. You can tell when you look at the slide next to the firing pin safety block there is a cut out in the slide. If it is blues it came that way from the factory, if it is shiny it was sent back in for warranty work.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:20 PM

There are some major problems with reliability with this fire arm. Might want to read up on it, might change your mind.
They are nice though
Old 09-04-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Gusto View Post
There are some major problems with reliability with this fire arm. Might want to read up on it, might change your mind.
They are nice though
Far as I know that has all been remedied by Sig as mentioned in the last post I made.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:35 PM

Good to hear. I missed your post.