Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Default A little humor for drivers especially those in Calgary

Never seen this on the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ass.jpg (16.1 KB, 1200 views)
Old 06-02-2018, 08:16 AM

Deerfoot southbound to glenmore west bound.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:26 AM

I watch my mirrors when I'm in those situations and very often I see someone pull out of the line farther back and do this. I never, ever let them in but there's always some "nice" sucker that does.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

The only time “last minute cutting” is appropriate is when there is a lot of traffic. Get in to whichever lane you want and alternate at the front of the line. The other people that are trying to be nice by letting someone in just make the situation worse.

But idiots like this always get forced to find another way in or another route. This picture just screams of today’s catch phrase: entitlement.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Try driving a semi or a heavy truck and see how many times a day that happens. They come flying cut you off and slam on the brakes.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masalma View Post
Try driving a semi or a heavy truck and see how many times a day that happens. They come flying cut you off and slam on the brakes.
There is a solution to that, see below. Make sure you have a dash camera running to prove that it was a suicide.

As for the OP: that isn't a Calgary road. If it was a Calgary road, there would be twice as many vehicles in the straight through lane as the turning lane, all trying to cut in and turn right in the last 50' of roadway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full size Silverado.jpg (32.8 KB, 887 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-02-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHRVN View Post
there's always some "nice" sucker that does.
Agreed. Can't stand those people.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 06-02-2018, 10:49 AM

The classic crowchild southbound to glenmore eastbound manoeuvre. I wonder if people wouldn’t sit in the right hand lane from 17th and leave the other 2 lanes totally empty if traffic would flow better. There’s a lot of bad intersections design in Calgary left over from the days we were a small city and never got upgraded for the current population and traffic load.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Looks like me every time I visit Calgary. I can never be in the right freaking lane. Bless you nice people that let me in.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-03-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
Agreed. Can't stand those people.
Some of us call that courtesy. Complex roads, poorly marked, unfamiliarity, shouldn't be an excuse for the other guy to be a jerk. Just had one of these in Red Deer a couple of days ago. Good thing, I was willing to push the point.

Grizz
Old 06-03-2018, 10:43 PM

Go and drive in the lower mainland of BC between Vancouver and Langley. Stupidity knows no bounds. I don't know how people live there willingly.